Buy a graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy a graphics card

I need some help deciding if i should buy a Gigabyte HD Windforce OC Edition 7850 2GB Video Card tomorrow for $120, what do you think, is it any good or should i be looking for something better?

Edit: How does it compare with kepler based cards(features, new tech)?
    Last edited by unilx; September 4, 2013, 07:38 PM.

Surely one of the great cards in town , if you're getting it for $120 then even better.
    OC 7850 will give you the performance close to the level of 7870/7950 which is definitely more than worth it.
    Precisely , go for it don't think you'll get a better deal.

Pros:
    - Coolest Graphics card on test
    - Good Overclocking Performance
    - Quiet
    - Low Noise
    - Power Efficient

Cons:
    - No voltage adjustment
    - Noisy fan when above 70%
    - Blue PCB may not be to everyone's tastes

Comment

i guess you should consider GeForce GTX 650 Ti

its also good GPU

Comment

650ti is a good GPU as well but it is not close to the level of 7850.

Comment

7850 at that price is a great deal, run with it

sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
          Cafe gblaze ghost6945
          Hyoksang
          pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
          WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
          and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts has good benchmark comparisions between gpus and also some price indications.

Comment

Is there something I could do to find out what kind of video card I would put in my PC? I dont know if I have PCIE x16 2.0 or 2.1 or 3. I want a new card also, but I dont know what to buy, my board is a MSI 990fxa-gd65. The ownsers manual doesnt really say what socket I have

Comment

not sure how it will compare against others but for a card at that price and as good as that you cant go wrong

Comment

you cant go wrong with 7850. the most value for performance card for that price range.

Comment

Hmm thats cheap, you should go for it, the best bang for buck gpu where i live is the gtx 760 though
                    here's something from the green camp that you might consider http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-PCI-E...ywords=gtx+660
                    Last edited by HY91; September 5, 2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Souleverlift View Post
                      Is there something I could do to find out what kind of video card I would put in my PC? I dont know if I have PCIE x16 2.0 or 2.1 or 3. I want a new card also, but I dont know what to buy, my board is a MSI 990fxa-gd65. The ownsers manual doesnt really say what socket I have
                      PCI express 3.0 cards are backwards compatible with the older implementations.

Comment

Originally posted by unilx View Post
                        I need some help deciding if i should buy a Gigabyte HD Windforce OC Edition 7850 2GB Video Card tomorrow for $120, what do you think, is it any good or should i be looking for something better?

Edit: How does it compare with kepler based cards(features, new tech)?
                        I know this is probably for gaming so your main use will be when in windows, but as your nick includes unix I assume you may be a linux user, if you are I have had much better experiences with Nvidia's cards in ubuntu than I have with AMD's.

Other than that I have used both AMD and Nvidia's cards and love both companies... My main rig still runs a 6850 crossfire, which I love and adore but my open air test bench which holds my GTX 650 Ti works so much more smoothly using their proprietary drivers with linux than my AMD setup.
                        "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." - Nikola Tesla

Comment

I'm starting to feel the sting of not being able to use Radeons proprietary drivers for their 3d support on my distro (Arch Linux), will be selling my AMD asap and going with Nvidia

Comment

Working...
                          X