Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create home network!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Create home network!

    Hi guys,sorry for my ignorance but how can i set up a network between a desktop with windows 7 that uses a ethernet cable and a laptop that has windows 8 that use wi-fi ?(Bouth are connected to a technicolor tg582n )

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Your laptop has an Ethernet port? Buy Ethernet cross cable, Google if you want to DIY.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My bad, both are already connected, ignore my advice. Same questions as Stalin.
    Last edited by papawhiskey; June 29, 2013, 08:15 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      well if they are on the same router then you already have a home network with the both of them

      what exactly do you want to do ?
      do you want shared folders in both pc & laptop ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Stalin View Post
        well if they are on the same router then you already have a home network with the both of them

        what exactly do you want to do ?
        do you want shared folders in both pc & laptop ?
        Yes,to move files from one to another!I know that if i connect the laptop with the cable is simple creating a network(all you have to do is to go to properties ipv4 etc ),but i don't know ho to do if one is on wi-fi .....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by madaramm View Post
          Yes,to move files from one to another!I know that if i connect the laptop with the cable is simple creating a network(all you have to do is to go to properties ipv4 etc ),but i don't know ho to do if one is on wi-fi .....
          There is no significant difference between wired and wireless. The easiest way is to make them both on the same network. For example give your wired adapter 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 to wireless. You may need to check whether those are using DHCP/automatic addressing.

          Comment


          • #6
            create regular shared folders on your computers

            then create homegroup in them, that should solve your problem

            HomeGroup from start to finish - Microsoft Windows Help

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by madaramm View Post
              Yes,to move files from one to another!I know that if i connect the laptop with the cable is simple creating a network(all you have to do is to go to properties ipv4 etc ),but i don't know ho to do if one is on wi-fi .....
              To create a share folder is very easy.

              Step One: (On the computer)

              Create a folder > right click and click properties > Click the share tab > click advanced sharing.
              Check the "Share this folder", Click "ok" & apply and close.



              Step Two: (On the laptop)

              Open up my computer > click map a network drive > click browser > click the computer name (not the laptop) and enter you username and password for the computer.

              Select the folder you created on your computer. Click ok, and you are finished.



              Step Three : (on the computer)

              This step allows the laptop to drag or delete stuff in the share folder !

              Right click the folder and click properties > click the share tab > click share... (not advanced sharing), click the small arrow and click "Everyone" and click add.

              Change the permission for everyone to Read/Write.



              -------------------------------------------------------------

              What I did was brought a brand new hard drive (1 TB+) and share the entire drive with my laptop.

              Whatever I downloaded on utorrent went directly into the 1TB hard drive. This way I didn't have to drag the movies into a portable usb and transfer the movie over to the laptop.

              P.S I hook up my laptop onto my T.V and watched the movie on my T.V using (hdmi - Doesn't need speakers ! ),
              If you laptop doesn't support hdmi use a VGA cable and hook up speakers to the laptop to get better sound quality.

              I hope this helps.
              Last edited by Hearts; June 29, 2013, 11:20 AM.

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hearts View Post
                To create a share folder is very easy.

                Step One: (On the computer)

                Create a folder > right click and click properties > Click the share tab > click advanced sharing.
                Check the "Share this folder", Click "ok" & apply and close.



                Step Two: (On the laptop)

                Open up my computer > click map a network drive > click browser > click the computer name (not the laptop) and enter you username and password for the computer.

                Select the folder you created on your computer. Click ok, and you are finished.



                Step Three : (on the computer)

                This step allows the laptop to drag or delete stuff in the share folder !

                Right click the folder and click properties > click the share tab > click share... (not advanced sharing), click the small arrow and click "Everyone" and click add.

                Change the permission for everyone to Read/Write.



                -------------------------------------------------------------

                What I did was brought a brand new hard drive (1 TB+) and share the entire drive with my laptop.

                Whatever I downloaded on utorrent went directly into the 1TB hard drive. This way I didn't have to drag the movies into a portable usb and transfer the movie over to the laptop.

                P.S I hook up my laptop onto my T.V and watched the movie on my T.V using (hdmi - Doesn't need speakers ! ),
                If you laptop doesn't support hdmi use a VGA cable and hook up speakers to the laptop to get better sound quality.

                I hope this helps.
                This helped a lot,Thanks!!!I've tried doing the same thing,i mean sharing a folder from laptop so i can transfer to my computer but i does not work.Now for example it's gives me an error "check the spelling of the name ,otherwise might be a problem with your network" ,maybe because I've not used caps but i can't change it because I've click it on remember credits .How can i make to reaper the log in window ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by madaramm View Post
                  Yes,to move files from one to another!I know that if i connect the laptop with the cable is simple creating a network(all you have to do is to go to properties ipv4 etc ),but i don't know ho to do if one is on wi-fi .....
                  dude this is going to be slow like hell!
                  just buy a USB device and make it.
                  or a Hard Disk and do this.
                  this is really not problem and its cost only like 3 dolars for Disk On Key

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GodOfFight View Post
                    dude this is going to be slow like hell!
                    just buy a USB device and make it.
                    or a Hard Disk and do this.
                    this is really not problem and its cost only like 3 dolars for Disk On Key
                    Slow?But is not slow at all ,I've already tried with files that have 1.5 Gb,no more than 5 minutes and you are able to run it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by madaramm View Post
                      This helped a lot,Thanks!!!I've tried doing the same thing,i mean sharing a folder from laptop so i can transfer to my computer but i does not work.Now for example it's gives me an error "check the spelling of the name ,otherwise might be a problem with your network" ,maybe because I've not used caps but i can't change it because I've click it on remember credits .How can i make to reaper the log in window ?
                      I just want to make sure.

                      Go on both the laptop and computer.

                      open the CMD (command line terminal)

                      and type in ipconfig /all

                      and take a screensheet and pm me the two images.

                      I just want to check if they are both in the same network

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Also don't forget to turn off password proctected sharing...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X