Create a second Nick in IRC (BTN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a second Nick in IRC (BTN)

I'm lost, do all afternoon I'm trying to create a second nick in IRC BTN, to use the autodl-irssi on my seedbox, but there is no way that I work, where I have to create that nick? :(

it's easy, in irssi set that nick to your username|irssi, or username|bot, etc. Then just use your normal nick with whatever IRC program you login with.

as long as you send a message to BTN's bot it will automatically invite both your nicks.
    ===========================================
    My Giveaways
    :
    ===========================================

Comment

yes, but where I have to put that? I have to disconnect from IRC to create a new nick?

Comment

Can you give a detailed description of your problem? The general way is : In your irc client type '/nick your-new-nick' to change to the new nick and register it in the same way as the first, then change back to your old nick and fill in the autodl with the new one. The invite commands are the same for both.

Comment

Originally posted by DepredoKill View Post
          yes, but where I have to put that? I have to disconnect from IRC to create a new nick?

login to the irc and set a nick for the bot
          these are allowed:
          sitenick|autoDL
          sitenick|auto
          sitenick|bot

then you need to group the bot nick with your own nick on the btn irc

/msg nickserv group site.nick site.nick.password

after that the bot will auto join the announce channel
          and you can part the channel and setup the irc bot details in the irssi

Comment

already did!

xxxxx|auto

but in irssi does nothing, in IRC server I have to put in password? Used to enter the site or used to identify in the IRC?

Comment

Originally posted by DepredoKill View Post
              already did!

xxxxx|auto

but in irssi does nothing, in IRC server I have to put in password? Used to enter the site or used to identify in the IRC?
              in the irssi in irc servers you put the bot's nick and the nick's password (the password you registered your nick with on irc)

Comment

is working!!!

configure any other browser but magically started to work!

thank you guys!

Comment

lol, IRC is always magical. I always try to do things many times failing failing and failing again and all of a sudden that thing makes it work. I really hate how this program is out of control :) Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X