This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed test temporary location

I am in Italy using a friends' wifi. Can I post a speed test from here as proof for a invite and pm a seedbox proof or I have to wait till back to Switzerland?

Thanks
    sigpic

Originally posted by devacha View Post
    I am in Italy using a friends' wifi. Can I post a speed test from here as proof for a invite and pm a seedbox proof or I have to wait till back to Switzerland?

Thanks
    In my opinion it is totally dependent upon the inviter's choice.. Ratio proof and seedbox proof should be sufficient for the purposes of invite I'd think.. Plus as you are being honest about it, it should be good enough to show that u genuinely want to keep a good account with the tracker you are requesting.

Maybe you could give a older speed test (say a week back when u were at your home place) if that is allowed.

Lets see what others think / say.
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's the inviter's choice, but make sure that your invite won't expire before you get to switzerland. And make sure that you don't singup from Italy and login from Switzerland. A new account changing countries will smell of trading.

Comment

Originally posted by Shataiken View Post
        I think it's the inviter's choice, but make sure that your invite won't expire before you get to switzerland. And make sure that you don't singup from Italy and login from Switzerland. A new account changing countries will smell of trading.
        Good point.. Just to counter this, u can always inform the tracker staff that u would be changing locations. This would ensure that u don't land up in any trouble.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Desilegends View Post
          Good point.. Just to counter this, u can always inform the tracker staff that u would be changing locations. This would ensure that u don't land up in any trouble.
          I am not completely convinced that they would believe you - because, where is the evidence that you are not informing them of a "location" change and then "trade" your account with a person in that location? Imo, informing location change primarily works when you have held the tracker account for say a few months.

Comment

I am not completely convinced that they would believe you - because, where is the evidence that you are not informing them of a "location" change and then "trade" your account with a person in that location? Imo, informing location change primarily works when you have held the tracker account for say a few months.
            This is a good point too, in case I can do my request without posting a speed test or posting a old one (I would like to have a answer from staff about this) and the inviter accept my proofs, I have to wait till going back home before using the invite or the inviter waits till I PM him I am back to send the invite.
            I see one more option, in case the tracker accepts connections through VPN, I have a VPN
            Last edited by devacha; June 11, 2013, 11:10 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe inform them about your ISP as well.. That should suffice I'd think.. Then again when someone's intention is do "Trade", then it that case months or year don't matter imo.

I'd suggest just to avoid the problems of IP changes n all, ask for an invite when you are back at your home place.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X