XBMC Setup Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBMC Setup Help

cant seems to get xbmc setup with my seedbox that is on a server with kimsufi? any info would be great, also tried the tutorial in the help section

Originally posted by stigmata1823 View Post
    cant seems to get xbmc setup with my seedbox that is on a server with kimsufi? any info would be great, also tried the tutorial in the help section
    You may want to give a little more detail as to where you're getting stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by kryptoh101 View Post
      You may want to give a little more detail as to where you're getting stuck.
      followed the tutorial and when i click ok its says working then i get no files showing?

Comment

So XBMC is 100% installed and working but you can't see the files?
        That's probably because you didn't index them and you didn't use a scraper

Comment

Originally posted by AlltheWay View Post
          whats that buddy and how do i do that? thought i would be a matter of logging in and my files would be there?

Comment

In xbmc go to videos - files andr then add a media location. You then will be prompted to choose a scraper and scan the folder tree.

Comment

In xbmc go to videos - files andr then add a media location. You then will be prompted to choose a scraper and scan the folder tree.
              i can get my external hdd working no problem just cant get the files on my seedbox to show

Comment

There you go :):
                XBMC Tutorial 2: Adding Movies to Videos Library - YouTube

That's the tutorial that worked for me! Be sure to give it a like, great uploader!

Comment

There you go :):
                  XBMC Tutorial 2: Adding Movies to Videos Library - YouTube

That's the tutorial that worked for me! Be sure to give it a like, great uploader!
                  great guide that buddy but its not showing me how to loginto my seedbox and be able to play files from it with out unrar ing them?

Comment

great guide that buddy but its not showing me how to loginto my seedbox and be able to play files from it with out unrar ing them?
                    First of all, you need to either mount a NFS share or samba share or whatever, so that the files in your seedbox can be seen from other places. Then you need to add that mount point to XBMC, but I doubt it will play well from an internet seedbox to your home's PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Peternack View Post
                      First of all, you need to either mount a NFS share or samba share or whatever, so that the files in your seedbox can be seen from other places. Then you need to add that mount point to XBMC, but I doubt it will play well from an internet seedbox to your home's PC.
                      got told i could setup xbmc to watch films direct from my seedbox with the need to unrar them or move them to my home pc? i have a seedbox setup on a kimsufi server

Comment

Originally posted by Peternack View Post
                        It is not possible for XBMC to see inside the rars so..
                        Last edited by AlltheWay; May 29, 2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I am not aware of any way XBMC can play RAR'd media files. I'm not sure that it would be possible.

Comment

got told i could setup xbmc to watch films direct from my seedbox with the need to unrar them or move them to my home pc? i have a seedbox setup on a kimsufi server
                            I am not aware of any way XBMC can play RAR'd media files. I'm not sure that it would be possible.
                            It is not possible for XBMC to see inside the rars so..
                            Actually XBMC's video player can play rar archives, but they have to be uncompressed. You can't play them from your seedbox, you'll have to download the file to your local computer or network share.
                            Features and supported formats - XBMC

XBMC is awesome by the way.

Comment

thanks for all the help guys just gonna see what the best way is to setup my house so i can have xmbc in every room but run off pc downstairs

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by mylittlerobot View Post
                              Actually XBMC's video player can play rar archives, but they have to be uncompressed. You can't play them from your seedbox, you'll have to download the file to your local computer or network share.
                              Features and supported formats - XBMC

XBMC is awesome by the way.
                              ok this is what im looking to do , have xbmc and all films, music etc on pc downstairs in the living room, want to be able to play the films from my pc upstairs in the bedrooms for kids etc i have one zyxel NSA310 box with 500gb hard drive but no idea how to use it!! any suggetsions guys?

Comment

Working...
                              X