This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I allowed to criticize trackers?

I remember reading somewhere on the site that you can't badmouth a tracker, so this got me thinking.
    What if there's things that a tracker can improve and just aren't right at the moment.
    Am I allowed to criticize them(not the same as offending/insulting) or do I have to express my thoughts on their own forums?

It seems to me that before joining a tracker, people would like to know what it's (currently) like, but with the 'you can't badmouth', I'm not sure if I can express my thoughts here.

Thank you in advance for responding. :)

Unrelated: What does "Trackback" mean. Ex. "Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)"

Would like to know this as well...

Comment

Of course you are allowed to criticize.
      Dunno where you read that you cant.Only flaming/biased opinions/insulting posts are frowned upon here.
      We're not censoring anything.
      )
      "
      There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met."

Comment

You are welcome to post your experiences about any tracker you are a member of in the relevant tracker review (be advised that any comments that you make that are deemed insulting or inappropriate will be removed) but if you are looking to try and get a certain tracker to implement certain features or indeed make changes then the best place for those comments is on their forum.
        sigpic

Comment

Another case of tracker mod dictator sydrome? seems to be a common theme now a days....

Comment

Constructive criticism is always welcomed
            but no wild bashing
            sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
            Cafe gblaze ghost6945
            Hyoksang
            pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
            WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
            and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

Originally posted by LetmeInDamnIt View Post
              Another case of tracker mod dictator sydrome? seems to be a common theme now a days....
              what are you talking about? No one is restricted from giving an accurate review or opinion about any Tracker on our forum as long as it is something that they have first hand experience with. Also our rules are set by us on this forum Trackers have no say as far as our rules are concerned. So as noted earlier you have no first hand experience on this issue to be commenting on this or giving an opinion on this matter. As to the OP's question TG was dead on feel free to post on the appropriate Tracker review as long as your comments are based on experience

Comment

Sorry to everyone if it seemed I was calling TI a dictatorship, but no, I was just curious. Thanks for answering :)

As for where I read it, I searched for it and here it is: http://www.torrent-invites.com/open-...sion-form.html
                Basically my mind probably went "As with every other area on the site" and then saw "Do NOT Badmouth a tracker (You may give your opinion, if it is helpful and well-rounded)". Guess my mind also forgot the "You may give your opinion" part.

And my sincere apologies for almost starting another pointless flame war on the internet :)

Comment

@Aposiopesis

I badmouth IPT's hit n run policy , but it wasn't really harsh.

All I said was that I found it stupid that you must seed at least a 1 ratio before deleting your torrent.
                  That mean you may end up seeding 1 month and still not able to remove the torrent from your client.

I believe that this type of opinion are allow.

What is not allow is saying the tracker is Sh!tty, blah blah blah.

Hope you got the point.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadowbuild View Post
                    what are you talking about? No one is restricted from giving an accurate review or opinion about any Tracker on our forum as long as it is something that they have first hand experience with. Also our rules are set by us on this forum Trackers have no say as far as our rules are concerned. So as noted earlier you have no first hand experience on this issue to be commenting on this or giving an opinion on this matter. As to the OP's question TG was dead on feel free to post on the appropriate Tracker review as long as your comments are based on experience
                    I was not talking about TI....I was talking about trackers.....and how it is becoming too common on trackers to that have asshole mods.

Comment

Yeah there are some 'tracker' mods that do have power trips. I for one, am not a fan of a staff group at a said tracker and I always feel like bad mouthing them but its pointless. Post the experiences in the right place and be moderate about it.Its not like we're communists here and threaten to ban you if break the gag order lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Aposiopesis View Post
                        Unrelated: What does "Trackback" mean. Ex. "Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)"
                        To answer your other question:

The FAQ explains it here. Also, there are specific settings you can enable for blogs, explained here. Lastly, this question was already asked here.

This should explain everything you were wondering. If you have more questions, let me know. In the future, I recommend making separate threads / searching.

Comment

question asked and answer so will close thread as there is nothing else to add to matter

Comment

Working...
                          X