Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitcoin tumbler/anonymizer recommendations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoin tumbler/anonymizer recommendations...

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a trustable bitcoin tumber/anonymizer service. Preferably one you've used. Or maybe even techniques you think would work for anonymizing your bitcoins.

Thanks for any assistance.
    "I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection."
    - Charles Darwin

No one uses a laundry for their bitcoins?
    "I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection."
    - Charles Darwin

Comment

I guess it all depends on what you'd like to use those bitcoins for... Personally, I make anonymous (fake name) bank deposits to my local bitcoin reseller which I access through TOR and then make direct transfers to other sites, I know I'm still traceable but I feel secure enough not to "wash" them first. But then I don't use mine for particularly nefarious means. Check out the SR forums, I'm sure they'll give you some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by GTown View Post
        I guess it all depends on what you'd like to use those bitcoins for... Personally, I make anonymous (fake name) bank deposits to my local bitcoin reseller which I access through TOR and then make direct transfers to other sites, I know I'm still traceable but I feel secure enough not to "wash" them first. But then I don't use mine for particularly nefarious means. Check out the SR forums, I'm sure they'll give you some ideas.
        Hey, what's up G!

Yeah, your method is the right way to do it anonymously, but it's such a hassle to go through that every time you need some bitcoins. I'd rather just log onto my exchange and deposit directly from my bank account. Then, if possible, run my coins through a tumbler/anonymizer of some sort.

Certain TOR 'markets' have bitcoin anonymizers built in to their payment system, but that doesn't help me when I want to pay for my seedbox.
        Last edited by s2cuts; May 21, 2013, 10:02 PM.
        - Charles Darwin

Comment

Just chillin' my man,

So I had a look through some forum posts and the name that kept coming up was bitcoin fog, seems to be the most reputable / most used. Obviously I haven't used them so just beware, but at least you've got a name to do some checking on now.

Enjoy!

Edit: I'll PM you the address if you want to check it out.
          Last edited by GTown; May 22, 2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks man.
            - Charles Darwin

Comment

I've, for the time being, settled on blockchain.info. It is an online wallet service with tumbler option, and all for the low price of 0.5%. I've already tried a small transaction with success.

Until something better comes up, or I hear otherwise, this will be the service I use.

I'll also leave this thread open for others to provide input if they have any.
              - Charles Darwin

Comment

Bitcoin fog is the main one i keep hearing about as well. So far I've used blockchain.info, but can't attest to its security. Where as everything is logged publicly with bitcoins things become... difficult. Even with SR's built in tumbler, if you analyze traffic long enough you can trace any transaction in, if not where it went. Here is another site I've heard good things about: BitLaundry - For all your Bitcoin washing needs!
                For a seedbox speculate blockchain would be good enough... at least trading some security for speed and ease. If you're getting into things sketchier than that I'd use a couple methods combined (or buy anonymously obviously, lol).

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Bitcoin fog seems to have a really good method. Id recommend it above the others I've checked out.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by enigmaticcore View Post
                  Bitcoin fog is the main one i keep hearing about as well. So far I've used blockchain.info, but can't attest to its security. Where as everything is logged publicly with bitcoins things become... difficult. Even with SR's built in tumbler, if you analyze traffic long enough you can trace any transaction in, if not where it went. Here is another site I've heard good things about: BitLaundry - For all your Bitcoin washing needs!
                  For a seedbox speculate blockchain would be good enough... at least trading some security for speed and ease. If you're getting into things sketchier than that I'd use a couple methods combined (or buy anonymously obviously, lol).

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Bitcoin fog seems to have a really good method. Id recommend it above the others I've checked out.
                  Have you had any experience with Bitcoin Fog? Has anyone? Are they trustable? Has anyone with the technical expertise been able to scrutinize the blockchain to see how well their service is able to obfusticate?
                  - Charles Darwin

Comment

I have not used Bitcoin Fog yet, but they are considered trustworthy from every source I've seen. Many people on Silk Road use them. I found this research paper comparing Bitcoin Fog, another service, and the shared send on blockchain. It actually favors blockchain, though it seems to have equal ability to Bitcoin Fog. The downside they gave Fog was that it may be easier for an attacker to figure out a way to trace it, though no method was known. Check out this article (pdf)... it explains things perfectly. Someone with high technical expertise analyzing the blockchain :).

Another thing I realized about blockchain is that your coins will be mixed with a higher volume, thus increasing security. They also provide a way to test for 'tainted coins' ect. If you haven't already, here is a good link from the site.

Hope this helps. I found it really interesting.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought that trading cryptocurrency and using it was anonymous already, and that's why the government can't track it.

Comment

If you need a reliable bitcoin service or platform I can recommend the Bitcoin Prime page and website is an excellent option for people who are starting or in their case who are advancing but want more and above all that you can safely control your money without any problem with some other understanding always directing you quickly to your profits.

Comment

Working...
                        X