Seedbox to Seedbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seedbox to Seedbox

Hello, Does anyone know how or if all downloaded files can transloaded from Seedbox to Seedbox? (without going back and finding the torrents again) Is it possible to do this via FTP? Thanks! =D

you may use an FTP client called flashFXP. Use these tutorials
    Code:
     [url=http://www.flashfxp.com/tutorials/]FlashFXP Tutorials[/url]
    for site to site transfers
    Alternatively, if you have VNC on one of your seedboxes , install filezilla and transfer your files from one server to the other

Comment

If you're migrating from one service to another, be sure to get also the torrent information from the client. What I mean is that you have to copy both the torrent files/folders and the .torrent information to the new seedbox, that way you should have the same content on the old one and the new one. If you only copy the torrent data (files/folders), you would end with all the content but not the .torrent, so you would have to redownload the .torrent file, add it to your client and rescan all the torrents to be able to seed them again.

Comment

If you have SSH access use - rsync,
        if you have FTP only access but no remote desktop - lftp.

Comment

http://www.torrent-invites.com/bitto...l-dummies.html

Comment

If you have remote desktop on your new server, you can use FileZilla and ftp files from your old seedbox. It saves you the trouble of always having to keep your FXP client open, especially if you have a lot of data to transfer.

Comment

Use rsync over ssh it seems faster then ftp to me.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies, very much appreciated!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by instant_diver View Post
                  you may use an FTP client called flashFXP. Use these tutorials
                  Code:
                   [URL="http://www.flashfxp.com/tutorials/"]FlashFXP Tutorials[/URL]
                  for site to site transfers
                  Alternatively, if you have VNC on one of your seedboxes , install filezilla and transfer your files from one server to the other
                  Yeah not a bad program I used it to do a transfer myself.

Originally posted by UltraSbox View Post
                  If you have SSH access use - rsync,
                  if you have FTP only access but no remote desktop - lftp.
                  Wasn't aware of this will have to give this a go if I switch providers or do another round of seedbox testing.... thanks

Nice Tutorial and Primer on the use of CuteFTP for site-to-site FxPing and configuration.... nice..... thanks!

Comment

if you are moving to a hosted seedbox, just ask your provider to do it for you. :D

Comment

I had this question myself a few months ago and tried with FlashFXP. However, after many tries and reading on this, I found out that one of the provider didn't had support for FXP so I couldn't do it. So just to let you know, both servers has to support it in order to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizor View Post
                        I had this question myself a few months ago and tried with FlashFXP. However, after many tries and reading on this, I found out that one of the provider didn't had support for FXP so I couldn't do it. So just to let you know, both servers has to support it in order to make it work.

Yes you are correct both have to support it. You can though, if you have access, enable it (for instance in pure-ftpd you can configure it to turn on as its off by default). Since it uses command line files to run you'll want to create on:

#echo "yes" > /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/AllowUserFXP

or use:

#nano /etc/pureftpd/conf/AllowUsersFXP

and enter in the value: yes then save the file.

Then restart:

#Restart pure-ftpd

The same can be said for rsync you need it on both boxes but, if you have root access you can install it on both boxes:

rsync install instruction for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Once installed you can run something like this to move you stuff over:

#screen rsync -avx --progress -e ssh [email protected]<moving_from_IP>:/home/<userid>/downloads /home/<userid>/downloads

(thanks to seedmybox for the the command line example)

Comment

Working...
                        X