X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-I 33%

I understood everything, except for one thing
    What is it "25 reps" ????

What is Rep? What are Likes? What's the difference?

There have been numerous help threads posted in regards to rep, rep power, and likes. All the information is, indeed, provided in the FAQ & Rules, but I suppose it might be a good idea to create a separate section for it.

What is rep?

Reputation is one of the pre-reqs used to determine your progress level as a member. It is used by many members to determine your contribution to the community. Your rep can be viewed in your User CP across from "Latest Reputation Received".

from the faqs: Torrent-Invites' FAQ

Comment

They're reputation points. Its the green bar under your avatar when you make posts. You get them when someone likes your post or hits to add rep to you. You can check how much rep you have by going to this page and checking under "Latest Reputation Received (XXX point(s) total)"
      http://www.torrent-invites.com/usercp.php

Comment

You can check how much rep you have by going to this page and checking under "Latest Reputation Received (XXX point(s) total)"...
        You can also check by clicking on the green thumbs up under your avatar. If you click your own, it'll tell you where you're at.
        Thanks to the powers that be for VIP

Comment

I have problem understanding that 25 reps initially too, perhaps TI should do something to make reps more obvious to newbies.

Comment

or if only every member read faq and rule

Comment

Originally posted by droplets View Post
              I have problem understanding that 25 reps initially too, perhaps TI should do something to make reps more obvious to newbies.
              I agree with you. I had trouble understanding what the rep points were initially too. But the problem is, I didn't know what they were because I didn't read the complete forum's FAQ, the one newguy referred.

A tip I leave for all the new people in this forum is to take 10-15 minutes to read the full FAQ and Rules of T-I, because, in the end, it may save you a lot of time and problems.

Comment

Initially, I was looking for my reputation points under my username, but couldn't find it there. Instead of reps at settings, I thought it will be straightforward and obvious for members to click on their username to check reps there.

Comment

Doesn't it tell you some 800 times to read the FAQ/rules when you register? You're required to look at one of them anyway for the password.

Comment

Yeah, this info can be found everywhere. It's explained to you three times over when you're in your introduction stage. You are also advised to read the FAQ & Rules at least three times within your PM, when you create your intro, and numerous other times as stickied per section.

Even if we force a mandatory read before you're able to access the sections, people will simply scroll down to the end and click "Yes" to proceed. Hell, I do the same thing so I wouldn't want something like that annoying me.

It doesn't hurt seeing these questions over and over again since it usually falls in the Help section and members can earn some easy rep when they answer them.

Anyhow, this has been answered. Closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X