Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equivalent to ipod touch

Hello folks

I recently lost my ipod classic and i'm looking for a new one. I'm looking towards the ipod touch, but i rather don't have an apple so i'm searching for an equivalent. I googled a bit and found the samsung galaxy s 3.6 and 4.0. But they have android 2.3 on them with no option to upgrade it to the newest android (i can be wrong).
    Now my question is, is this a problem that this is an old version of andriod? It will be my first andriod device so i don't have experience with it.
    Or is there a better player on the market?

Thanks

Greetings

What i did is that i bought a second hand galaxy S 2. Put a 32gb sd in it and here i have a nice mp3 player on which i can install any apps and the newest version of android.
    I find that the galaxy s mp3 player are alittle bit too expensive for what they do and like you said, the android version is old, so that can be a problem with newest apps.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I see that the screen is 4.3". i think it is a little too big for me. I hate things in my pocket :p. The itouch is 3.5" and i like that size. I will look for other old phone with a smaller screen.

I would buy my player second hand. I think i can buy a galaxy s 3.6 or 4.0 for 80-100 euro. is that a good price and if so, will i have a big disadvantage that it has andriod 2.3 (can i install most apps or not)?

Comment

Yep. You should fine a phone that you like but don't forget the problem of battery life. The smaller the screen the better the battery life but it's not always true so choose wisely!

I checked in google play, most of the apps will require 2.1 or 2.2, some 2.3.3. I prefer the interface and the smoothness of android 4.1. If you are going to use it mainly as an MP3 player i don't see what the problem could be. For 80-100 euros, i guess i would buy it. A phone might be more expensive.

Comment

ok, thanks for the advice!

Comment

You could also go for a Samsung Galaxy Player... it's like the phone..but without the phone :P

Amazon.com: Samsung 3.6-Inch Galaxy Player: Electronics

They can be had for around 100 on ebay and craigslist.. 120 refurbed.

Comment

Originally posted by drone23 View Post
              You could also go for a Samsung Galaxy Player... it's like the phone..but without the phone :P

Amazon.com: Samsung 3.6-Inch Galaxy Player: Electronics

They can be had for around 100 on ebay and craigslist.. 120 refurbed.
              i said that in the first post ;). But those are have only android 2.3 on them.

Comment

Originally posted by wobdonk View Post
                i said that in the first post ;). But those are have only android 2.3 on them.
                Wow, I remember the first half of your post..damn ADD must have kicked in

Comment

-Cowon z2
                  -Samsung galaxy player
                  -Sony NWZ-Z1060
                  sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
                  Cafe gblaze ghost6945
                  Hyoksang
                  pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
                  WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
                  and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

Originally posted by xxmusicxx View Post
                    -Cowon z2
                    -Samsung galaxy player
                    -Sony NWZ-Z1060
                    Thanks, i'm a bit busy right now, but i will look them up if i have some more time

Comment

Working...
                    X