Asus Zenbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Zenbook?

So i am in a process to buy new laptop, and my eyes have landed on zenbook, does anybody has it? What do you think of it?

Please if anybody knows anything it would be very appriciated!

what is your budget and what do you wanna do with your laptop (web+little work/some gaming or heavy-lifting work with software like after effects + harcore gaming)?

is "being stylish" VERY important or a "nice feature" and also for being light

Also, I LOVE bladerunner :) (and damn is this cyborg hot! + perfect pic you chose there, love it)

EDIT:

maybe these two link can help ya out:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/top-10-ultrabooks
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-asus-laptops

also helps sometimes to check the negativ reviews on amazon and see if its only some noobs bitching and moaning (which means everyone elses loves the thing) or some pros actualy having problems or other issues (which means ya better stay away or see what alternatives they suggest)

Comment

im not the biggest ultrabook fan, i think they are still overprized, especially this zenbooks. not very high performance (no gaming), bad keyboard, tends to be very warm. the new samsung ultra series seem to have a better quality/price ratio, i have tried one of those, but for me simply the keyboard is to bad. thats why i still prefer my 3 old (not very slim) thinkpad...
      How to become a Power User on specific trackers

Comment

Not interested in gaming, but would like that "things" run smoothly, by things i mean 10 to 15 programs opened not to mention services...

Would 8 gb of ram qualify for that?

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Originally posted by Hydarnes View Post
        what is your budget and what do you wanna do with your laptop (web+little work/some gaming or heavy-lifting work with software like after effects + harcore gaming)?

is "being stylish" VERY important or a "nice feature" and also for being light

Also, I LOVE bladerunner :) (and damn is this cyborg hot! + perfect pic you chose there, love it)

EDIT:

maybe these two link can help ya out:

Top 10 Ultrabooks
        5 Best ASUS Laptops

also helps sometimes to check the negativ reviews on amazon and see if its only some noobs bitching and moaning (which means everyone elses loves the thing) or some pros actualy having problems or other issues (which means ya better stay away or see what alternatives they suggest)

Thanks for the info and for the compliment :)

Comment

8gig should be plenty but dunno is 15 pograms is something you REALLY need in the background ^^
          beyond 8gig ram and you start talking workstation... dont listen to these gamer kiddies who tell ya U NEEDZ OVER 9000 RAMZ!!!11!
          especially if you run windows 7, and the ram is ddr3 I assume.

Comment

I think the Asus Zenbook Prime Touch UX31A-BHI5T would be an awesome purchase, you can read the review here. The specs are great, the screen is amazing for a ultrabook (1080p with touch) and it's design is slick.

A couple of cons from what I have gathered is the battery not being replaceable and the limited SSD space (90 GB). This would require you to have a portable HDD (usb 3 probably) or use cloud storage (not ideal for torrenting, unless you count your seedbox ;)

I do not own one of these, but I do have a Asus G73 and it's great, hasn't failed me for 2 years.

Comment

Zen book is great you can also consider the 2013 samsung series 7 chronos (it beats it in everything except it doesnt have ssd)
              sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
              Cafe gblaze ghost6945
              Hyoksang
              pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
              WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
              and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

I own 2 asus laptops right now, one I use for gaming from the couch (lazy I know) and a zenbook for leaving the house. I was very ambivalent about laptop brands before buying my first asus, I was firmly convinced every consumer laptop was shit. Now, today.. if I toasted the zenbook right now, I'd be out the door with my amex in hand going to get another.

Don't know about the Prime Touch.. but my zen has a replaceable battery. The one down side is the stock hdd space.. an external or a hard drive swap is a must if ya torrent off it.

Comment

thanks guys, think i will buy zenbook or some asus with free dos

Comment

Originally posted by tolask View Post
                    thanks guys, think i will buy zenbook or some asus with free dos

Good choice, You will love it ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X