Happens to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happens to you?

There is no method configuration? I am already tired of lower speed to this miserable, in the morning if i low to 1.2mb/s serial that the top of my speed during the day but i have these speeds, is really poor

You should let know this to your seedbox provider.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I imagine it's something to do with slow speeds downloading from your seedbox via FTP. I suggest you use a client that uses multi-threaded downloading, like CuteFTP Pro.

Comment

I wanted to know if there is no quick fix for this, I'm going to try with CuteFTP to see if achieved better results ...

Comment

Originally posted by DepredoKill View Post
          I wanted to know if there is no quick fix for this, I'm going to try with CuteFTP to see if achieved better results ...
          Increase FTP Speeds With Segmented Downloading - FileShareFreak

That link recommends a few clients that will most likely increase your speeds and explains how to set them up.

Comment

Yes, Wils0n is right, FTP can became very slow if you are not using multiple connections to download a file.

Comment

ftp should not be slow also not when doing 1 download, unless there is other downloads/uploads going on that effect speed, or cap, or memory leak or some other funky stuff...
              do you have other traffic ongoing? what are cpu and memory usage?
              as client suggestion on windows i would go for flashfxp, in the day that was my favorite one... hope it helps

Comment

the problem is my ISP's that block the speed, here in Argentina it is common to do this, unfortunately i tried with cute FTP and i have the same problem....:(

Comment

the problem is my ISP's that block the speed, here in Argentina it is common to do this, unfortunately i tried with cute FTP and i have the same problem....:(
                  ufi that sucks buddy, probably not much you can do about it, back in the day when i had a cable connection u could hack the modem and remove restrictions but i suppose nowadays that is not so easy anymore... good luck

Comment

If they're limiting ports, protocols etc, then your solution is a VPN. If they're limiting your whole connection then there's nothing you can do. I suggest you find out how they limit it.

Comment

Friend really, I'm going to call my ISP to claim that I have little download speed, hopefully it is..

Comment

Friend really, I'm going to call my ISP to claim that I have little download speed, hopefully it is..
                        The speedtest in your introduction listed your download speed with 10.73mbits. Is this number within range of what your ISP had promised you?
                        You have to keep in mind that file sizes are counted in bytes and not bits. Therefore 8 bits are 1 byte.

Where is your seedbox located? I don't know about the peering on Argentinia, but some countries, Romania is a good example have extraordinary speeds within their boarders, but after that it's ...
                        It's possible the same applies for Argentina, however you would probably achieve better results with an US based seedbox.

Because your speed varies that much I'm guessing your ISP is throttling to avoid having to upgrade their network.
                        sigpic
                        If you need help feel free to PM me, but keep in mind that asking for an invite is not considered help.

Comment

Well, you are from Argentina, what ISP are you using, Fibertel?

Comment

IDM also does the trick
                            however it doesn't support FTPS

Comment

Originally posted by Magister View Post
                              The speedtest in your introduction listed your download speed with 10.73mbits. Is this number within range of what your ISP had promised you?
                              You have to keep in mind that file sizes are counted in bytes and not bits. Therefore 8 bits are 1 byte.

Where is your seedbox located? I don't know about the peering on Argentinia, but some countries, Romania is a good example have extraordinary speeds within their boarders, but after that it's ...
                              It's possible the same applies for Argentina, however you would probably achieve better results with an US based seedbox.

Because your speed varies that much I'm guessing your ISP is throttling to avoid having to upgrade their network.
                              My two seedbox are in France, newly just to call my ISP and they say that I have no speed limitation, I told them that it is a lie since the day I cannot go down to more than 100kb/s and in the morning he came to the 1.2mb/s, are a disaster
                              Originally posted by petotas1978 View Post
                              Well, you are from Argentina, what ISP are you using, Fibertel?
                              I have Arnet, Fibertel works much better ...

Argentina is a disaster on the Internet

Comment

Working...
                              X