X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading OFFLINE installers for programs

Hey girls and guys,

I would like to know if any website is available to give you the offline installation file for software like:
    Adobe Flash Player, Skype, ooVoo, system drivers, ....

To convey what I mean to you exactly, here is an example:

You go to Skype.com and download the software, first they give you a few KB file (which is called the installer) and running it will download the full installer to your computer, but you never see where the file goes to so that you can ignore redownloading the file next time you want to install it. So, how do we get over this problem ? :) Thanks for any tips :)

You can possibly find all those installers by doing google "offline Skype installer"... however... mind that those will be usually 3rd party installers so there are two issues related:
    1) Probably you won't get the leatest realese of the software.
    2) Anyone can bascially put anything in those installer, including some stuff you REALLY wouldn't like to see on your PC.

There is also a second option, however i haven't tried it, but in theory it should work.
    Download Sandboxie. It's a service that allows running any application in a safe, separated sandbox. All read/write operation will be redirected to the virtual disk space created by the sandboxie. That virtual space in theory possess the same drive letter/directory mapping as your original disk space. So if you have an application that creates some file on "D:/temp/myfile.bak", then if you run it on sandboxie that file will be created under "$YourSandboxieDirectory/D/temp/myfile.bak".

Sooo.. the idea is that you simply run the installer inside the sandboxie, and then after it finishes, skim the virtual disk space mapping and find the files it created. You know then what kind of files it saves, and where they are located. This way you can replicate that process by hand (assuming that there are not auxiliary checks/registery settings/etc). You can also get an even better output for some installer because some of them do not download installation files (some .pak's, .bin's, and others) but another installer - the full one!

Honestly a bit too much hassle for me, but I assume you really want this.

Comment

majorgeeks.com should have offline installers.

Comment

There are app managers like ninite, allmyapps, and appupdater. If you want them to be fully automated and package the installers for offline use, I think you need the pro versions (not free) but you can manually just save the installers to wherever you want them... On linux, there are a few utilities for creating offline installer CDs, but since you mention system drivers, I'm guessing you're on winders.

Comment

But be careful where you download them as many sites offer installers with malware and adwares
          sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
          Cafe gblaze ghost6945
          Hyoksang
          pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
          WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
          and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

Adobe have an FTP site with offline installers...
            ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win
            going up higher levels have flash etc

Just google the rest, they all have offline installers available

Comment

Do you guys know when we get files, where are the full installers saved? In online installation!

Comment

Disregard this post.
                Last edited by unilx; January 25, 2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodoo12 View Post
                  Do you guys know when we get files, where are the full installers saved? In online installation!
                  More often than not, they are in "%temp%", but some of them are deleted post install so you have to copy them out during the install routine...

Comment

Originally posted by emandiputsyna View Post
                    More often than not, they are in "%temp%", but some of them are deleted post install so you have to copy them out during the install routine...
                    Yeah, that's right... Is there a program that tells me where the transferring data is being copied to or from?

Comment

Originally posted by woodoo12 View Post
                      Yeah, that's right... Is there a program that tells me where the transferring data is being copied to or from?
                      Symantec Ghost AutoInstall. I'm not 100% sure it still works on Winders 8 though.

Comment

Originally posted by emandiputsyna View Post
                        Symantec Ghost AutoInstall. I'm not 100% sure it still works on Winders 8 though.
                        I am using Windows 7, so that will be able to do the trick. Thanks so much for your attention :)

Topic closed :)

Comment

Working...
                        X