X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Player Classic Error

Hi guys,

I'm facing an mpc error and i have no idea what i should do. I tried to reinstall Klite Codec pack and even to update it but none of this managed to get me rid of the error.
    What can i do ? Thanks in advance.

Error creating EVR Custom renderer

use vlc for now.

I believe it may be the direct x problem.

sigpic

Comment

Update DirectX.

Comment

Originally posted by gojyra View Post
        Update DirectX.
        Same error , updating is not a solution.

Comment

If you don't want to install DirectX 9, then just download D3DX9_43.dll and D3DCompiler_43.dll, put them in the same folder as mpc-hc.exe.

You can find some info here, FAQ - Media Player Classic

Q: I get a message saying "Error creating EVR Custom renderer"
          A: Update your graphics driver or change the video renderer in MPC options.

Comment

Originally posted by Remarq View Post
            Same error , updating is not a solution.
            It was worth a shot I guess.

I recommend installing CCCP instead of Klite codec.
            CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

Or just go for VLC - plays everything without having to worry about codecs. :D

Comment

Wild ideas:
              -Uninstall/re-install/upgrade/repair directx. (depends what M$ version u have)
              -I believe version 11 is current not v9..? DXDIAG might tell you whats up.
              -Fix codec(s) / change packs.
              -Update/uninstall/reinstall video driver.

This guy ended up using VLC also... Solved: Can't play WMV file any more - Tech Support Guy Forums
              There is Splayer and GOM player too if you're staying with Windows.
              Alternatively, you could go *nix.

NOTE: wow, I must have been looking at an old verison of this thread as the already good answers above this were not there...

Comment

Use VLC or KMPlayer

Comment

some other stuff you should get or update are :

DirectX SDK

&

net framework

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remarq View Post

I'm facing an mpc error
                    [MENTION=163759]Remarq[/MENTION]: Does this error appear when you're playing a video file or audio file ?
                    Thanks shadowbuild for the VIP ! And to all of you in T-I who've helped me sofar !

sigpic

KNIGHT OF HIGH HOUSE DARK

My monthly GA: 2 X IPT | 1 X HD-MKV | 5 X MyA

Comment

Rly cant understand why you need this old player. VLC ---> VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

Comment

Originally posted by rokoko View Post
                        Rly cant understand why you need this old player. VLC ---> VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!
                        Probably because MPC with a decent codec pack which has been set up correctly will always produce a better picture quality than VLC ever will. However if you want a player that has numerous features that you'll never need and has lower picture quality, choose VLC.
                        Personally, I choose Potplayer with Madvr

Comment

I always use KLite codec pack, full version, but I don't know if that solves your problem, never had such an error...

Comment

Originally posted by staffrodore View Post
                            Probably because MPC with a decent codec pack which has been set up correctly will always produce a better picture quality than VLC ever will. However if you want a player that has numerous features that you'll never need and has lower picture quality, choose VLC.
                            Personally, I choose Potplayer with Madvr
                            VLC is good for playing scene videos though, because it is capable of playing rar files directly.
                            Is Potplayer capable of that as well?

I'm currently using Klite and VLC and I've never seen OP's problem. If that happened to me, I'd try updating my graphics card drivers and directx.

Comment

Originally posted by minesweeper51 View Post
                              VLC is good for playing scene videos though, because it is capable of playing rar files directly.
                              This is the exact reason why I like VLC so much and no codec problems.
                              Also, VLC is free. I don't see any reason to not just download it and try it for 5 minutes. If you don't like it nothings lost. Maybe you could even store it away until 1 day when you hit another problem and really want to watch something.

Comment

Working...
                              X