Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended Program to copy DVDs to HDD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Program to copy DVDs to HDD?

Hi,

I intend to have some of my DVDs (VIDEO_TS folders) on the HDD. I'm using AnyDVD and CloneDVD to accomplish this.

But some of the DVDs copied using AnyDVD and CloneDVD don't play well on MPC-HC and PotPlayer but they're ok on VLC Media Player.

So, I was wondering if there any other recommended program(s) (for copying entire DVDs to HDD) that's proven worthy to you.

I'd really appreciate any insights.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jetsryan; November 17, 2012, 11:28 PM.

What about DVDFab?

Comment

Originally posted by alexake View Post
      What about DVDFab?
      I use it too!
      But if you use AnyDVD you´re fine too!
      Can i ask why you want change to another rip program?
      Are you not happy with AnyDVD or just want to try another program?

Comment

Originally posted by Special one View Post
        I use it too!
        But if you use AnyDVD you´re fine too!
        Can i ask why you want change to another rip program?
        Are you not happy with AnyDVD or just want to try another program?
        Some of the DVDs copied using AnyDVD and CloneDVD don't play well on MPC-HC and PotPlayer but they're ok on VLC Media Player.

Comment

I move them to my PC with DVDFab. Then I use VOBmerge to merge all the vob files created and finally I use AnyVideoConverter to encode the vobs to mkv or avi.

Comment

I used to rip DVDs all the time when I had Netflix. I would burn them to DVDs though. DVDFab always worked the best for me. Before that I used DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I am not sure if those are even still around.

Comment

Are you going to make a DVDRip? Or recording its ISO/Image File?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by miyashin View Post
                Are you going to make a DVDRip? Or recording its ISO/Image File?

Cheers.
                My apologies if I wasn't clear. I intend to have the entire VIDEO_TS folder on my HDD. It's much easier to deal with than ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsryan View Post
                  My apologies if I wasn't clear. I intend to have the entire VIDEO_TS folder on my HDD. It's much easier to deal with than ISO.
                  And why aren't you happy with the ripped VIDEO_TS folders via AnyDVD? They won't "play better" if ripped with a different program. You can either copy the .iso to make it run smoother or encode it. Also why don't you want to use VLC?!
                  Just rip the VIDEO_TS and encode it with Handbrake or via the advanced method. The video will look the same but play smoother.
                  Last edited by shadowbuild; November 18, 2012, 06:02 AM. Reason: removed profanity

Comment

When you are ripping a DVD try not use your PC with programs that uses alot of resources or even better don´t use your computer at all.

Comment

I believe AnyDVD just doing for tackle the protection only, not for copying or duplicating or make them iso file. Above stuff are more than enough to handle the task. But, its well known if one or more program not always satisfied 100%. Compatilibity issues always there. So, as long as you use PC then you should compromise. Either use another player or design one for your own needs. :D

Comment

I also use DVD fab. Pretty good program.

Comment

DVDdecrypter.

Comment

Originally posted by Intelectual View Post
                            Before that I used DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I am not sure if those are even still around.
                            I still use DVDdecrypter. They don't develop it anymore but it's still available for download.

I think it's the best program, still. DVDfab is fucking confusing and shareware sucks anyway :(

Comment

AnyDVD for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X