X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy Detected - ChoiceBits

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you all for reading this, as this is my first thread on TI. Now, the problem: I recently signed up for ChoiceBits on my uncle's network, and was able to login just fine on it. As of this writing, I just got home, and it's giving me this weird "Proxy Detected" error:

What could be the problem? We have the same ISP, so that shouldn't be the problem...

I don't want my account to get deleted because of inactivity, and I really want to start leeching/seeding! Thanks for all your help!

Lacedaemon

It sounds like your browser is using a proxy server, if that's the case, just go into your browser settings and disable it. I'm don't know what browser your using, so i can't really give you more info.

Edit: proxy settings are usually in "
    preferences" under the network tab of your browser. Internet options on Internet explorer.
    Are you using the
    tor browser? It could cause the "proxy detected" error.
    Last edited by unilx; November 17, 2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

If you're positive that you aren't using a proxy, it could simply be that you changed IP addresses too quickly (proxies often change your IP every time you log in). It's normally advised that you do all of your initial account stuff from your home IP to avoid this. Perhaps send them an email explaining the situation. This would be especially true if your uncle lives relatively far away.
      sigpic +++"Torrent Smarter."+++

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
      -Shakespeare (Hamlet 2,2)

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
      -Linus Torvalds

Comment

I'm not saying the issue would just be the IP address, I'm saying that it would be the area the IP address comes from. I.e if his uncle lives in Cali, and he lives in Florida, that could be far enough apart that the tracker picks it up as a proxy, because he switched geographical locations so quickly. The only reason I didn't think it was a proxy is because a) the person above me already posted about that, so me adding on to it wouldn't help if that isn't the problem and b) looking at his trackers, he's also in HDT, I assumed he had logged in there before and I figured that would have given him the proxy error prior to this if he really was using a proxy, but I could be wrong about that, I don't know if they care about proxies or not. I don't know why anyone would use a proxy, it's not hard to trace in this day and age.
        sigpic +++"Torrent Smarter."+++

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
        -Shakespeare (Hamlet 2,2)

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
        -Linus Torvalds

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, guys!

Originally posted by unilx View Post
          It sounds like your browser is using a proxy server, if that's the case, just go into your browser settings and disable it. I'm don't know what browser your using, so i can't really give you more info.

Edit: proxy settings are usually in "
          preferences" under the network tab of your browser. Internet options on Internet explorer.
          Are you using the
          tor browser? It could cause the "proxy detected" error.
          I'm on Safari 5.1.7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and it doesn't look like there are any proxy settings in the Safari Preferences. I checked my Network settings already, and I have no proxy servers listed or active.

Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
          I'm not saying the issue would just be the IP address, I'm saying that it would be the area the IP address comes from. I.e if his uncle lives in Cali, and he lives in Florida, that could be far enough apart that the tracker picks it up as a proxy, because he switched geographical locations so quickly. The only reason I didn't think it was a proxy is because a) the person above me already posted about that, so me adding on to it wouldn't help if that isn't the problem and b) looking at his trackers, he's also in HDT, I assumed he had logged in there before and I figured that would have given him the proxy error prior to this if he really was using a proxy, but I could be wrong about that, I don't know if they care about proxies or not. I don't know why anyone would use a proxy, it's not hard to trace in this day and age.

I live about 10 minutes away from my uncle, and we have the same ISP, so distance or big IP difference shouldn't be a problem, although it might be a possibility.

I tried logging in again today, and it is still giving me that Proxy Error message. I already got in to ICE and HDT just fine (signed up for both on my home network). Does anyone know how I can contact CHB?

Update: I was able to login on my uncle's network, contact an administrator, and get things sorted out.
          Last edited by Lacedaemon; November 28, 2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X