Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can people who invited by others not leave an igiver or rep?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can people who invited by others not leave an igiver or rep?

Is that breaking the rule of TI? Because I did not received igiver and rep after I invited , in my posting I already said please leave an igiver and rep but one of guy I invited just ignored my requirements, I just want to know is this allowed? We do not have to give these to people who invited us? I just want to be higher user and can post to require a PB invite. Thank you.

From the FAQ:

Once you have successfully received the invite and signed
    up to the tracker, you MUST leave an iGiver.
    Here is how: iGiver tutorial.
    We recommend that you wait a couple of days before
    doing this. The aim of this is to reduce the chances of your
    newly acquired account being tracked. Please inform your
    inviter if you intend to delay the crediting of their account.

Comment

It is mandatory that a member leave an iGiver when receiving an invite from another member. Leaving rep is not a requirement and should be done so only of free will. I believe it is against the rules to request rep for anything, including giving invites. If a member does not leave an iGiver after I have provided an invite, I will wait a week and send a friendly PM reminder. Good luck!
      sigpic

Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Tattooed Corpse...
      and for the love of God,
      don't forget to leave an iGiver.

iGiver Tutorial

Introductions: Rules, FAQ and Registration Form

BIT-HDTV x 6
      HD-MKV x 2
      ComicBT x 2
      Unlimited MyAnonamouse Invites

Comment

Also I think you should not ask for rep. It's somewhere in the FAQ and people don't like it either, they will give you rep without having to ask for it if they see fit.

Comment

@ryanwang lets begin by advising you that this is not a brain stew topic. That being said rep is not to be set as a requisite for any giveaway as a matter of fact the requesting for rep on TI is strictly against forum policy. As far as the igiver goes it is mandatory that any invite given on Torrent-Invites be recorded via an igiver for posterity

send me the details as far as the igiver goes ie; members name and url of giveaway and I will handle this part of the problem. As far as everything else please edit your thread to remove the request for rep

Comment

Aren't iGivers supposed to go both ways?
            I thought the invited was supposed to receive one also, in the way that eBay feedback works.
            This is mentioned in FAQ/Help but no one seems that aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiolio View Post
              I thought the invited was supposed to receive one also, in the way that eBay feedback works.
              Yeah, that's also how I understand it from the FAQ.
              But probably the other way (the inviter giving an iGiver) is just optional, whereas the invitee must give one.
              I would be interested in an official statement, too.
              Thx

Comment

They can go both ways but the person getting the invite is required to give an igiver while the person inviting can decide whether to give an igiver to the person they invited if they feel they are a really good member of the tracker.
                sigpic

Comment

The iGiver system is not an additional rep system. Its there to keep record of the invites given by members to others.

For example, if I invite Joe to PTP and he gets banned minutes after I invite him and then I find out that he was previously banned for ratio cheating, the iGiver that he submitted to me will serve as evidence (that he applied for my PTP giveaway) when I place him on the chopping block. Some trackers ban entire invite trees if someone from it was caught for cheating.

One or more people pay for the mistake of a single person. This is why its important to make sure that the invitee submits an iGiver.

Comment

Still, it would be nice for invite receivers to be able to amass a positive history also - ie Invited to 20 trackers, not banned once.

Comment

Still, it would be nice for invite receivers to be able to amass a positive history also - ie Invited to 20 trackers, not banned once.
                      I will leave a positive iGiver for someone who obtains power user (or equivalent status) if they PM me to let me know of their achievement. I state that on my giveaway thread.

However, you can't just give an iGiver immediately if you give an invite, because you don't know how well the person will do on the tracker for awhile.

Comment

Like TechKwonDo said, you have to wait to give an iGiver to a receiver of an invite so you can see how well they do on the tracker. Some also give negative iGivers for members who are inactive on a tracker, collectors for example.

Comment

Ok I will not ask for rep again, just because I invited someone to jpop but he did not leave me an igiver, that is way I posting this, thanks to all of guys who were giving me comments and suggestions here~

Comment

Working...
                          X