Mass change all my passkeys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass change all my passkeys?

With everything that's been going on at RevTT, I'm forced to change my passwords and thus, get a new passkey for each site. Is there any ways to change all of my passkeys real quick, or do I have to re download the 500+ .torrent files?

i'm afraid there is no way to mass change all your passwords for different sites ... take it in pieces i guess :O

also use different passwords for each website and just have your browser save them all.

Comment

Use a software like lastpass.com, it will generate strong passwords for you, store them all in the cloud and automatically log in your sites on any computer (or device) you're allowed to install its client.
      The Seedbox From Scratch Script

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

I'm looking to change my passkey for all my torrent files. I don't need any help with my passwords.

Comment

No, there is no simple way to change all your passkeys in your client, you'll have to do it one at a time or re-download your torrents from the tracker.

Comment

Here is a brilliant way to set up strong passwords and remembering them http://www.torrent-invites.com/inter...-accounts.html :)
            and like mentioned above... there is no shortcut to changing your passwords
            sigpic

Comment

LOL. The TS is talking about changing passkeys in the torrent file and not changing tracker passwords.

I'm guessing just like Stengrodan's reply that you have to redownload every torrent file?

Might as well start again with a new batch.
              [Video Tutorial] - How to install rutorrent/rtorrent with autodl-irssi on a VPS in 5 minutes

Comment

I havent tried it so its risky but since your passkey is put in the tracker url you might be able to change the passkey for all torrents from one site by copy and pasting your new passkey into where your old passkey was in the tracker url. for example if you click on a torrent and click on the tracker tab you will see the url/url's for that tracker with your passkey in it. So in theory you may be able to highlight all torrents from one tracker click properties and change the passkey inside the url/urls for that tracker.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lefteris View Post
                  Use a software like lastpass.com, it will generate strong passwords for you, store them all in the cloud and automatically log in your sites on any computer (or device) you're allowed to install its client.
                  And if you/re not into storing your passwords online, there is always keepass. Firefox and Chrome have semi-autofill options so it can be just as convenient.

Comment

After changing your passkey on the site copy the new passkey. Then select the torrent, click properties, remove the old passkey n then paste the new one there.

If the no of torrents is more then you can do another thing. Download all the torrents you want to seed. Remove the old torrents from your client. Now make sure all the data is in the same folder. Go to your torrent client, click options, select directories, then change "put new downloads in" to the folder where you have the data, then press apply. Next step is click "File", click "Add Torrent", then select all the torrents with the new passkey.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Use LastPass. This will help you set up random and unique passwords for each individual site.

Comment

Why is everyone talking about passwords instead of passkeys? Here's is what the OP needs https://sites.google.com/site/ultima...bencode-editor . Change your passkey on a torrent site and replace your old passkey with your new passkey in all your torrents. You may be able to search for your passkey using it and replace all with your new passkey.

Comment

Working...
                        X