Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed changing announcebots name in rutorrent

Hi fellas

I have this tracker I'd like to start using autodl-irrsi on, but they have changed the announce bots name.

Do any of you how to change that manually, its not possible from within irssi in rutorrent, i've looked everywhere i think.
    It even says YOU CANNOT EDIT THE SETTINGS HERE, but where then?

Originally posted by Torrentseeker View Post
    Hi fellas

I have this tracker I'd like to start using autodl-irrsi on, but they have changed the announce bots name.

Do any of you how to change that manually, its not possible from within irssi in rutorrent, i've looked everywhere i think.
    It even says YOU CANNOT EDIT THE SETTINGS HERE, but where then?

Waffles shut their irc announce off a long time ago. they only have RSS afaik. <-- ignore THEY FIXED IT FINALLY! although i havent seen anything announced yet though.

To change a bots name you can try editing the *.tracker file. Default path would be /home/user/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/trackers

There's a section that looks like this:

<servers>
    <server
    network="P2P-NET"
    serverNames="irc.p2p-network.net,irc.p2p-irc.net"
    channelNames="#waffles.fm-announce"
    announcerNames="Waffles"
    />
    </servers>

You would edit the annoucerNames
    Last edited by Guest; September 19, 2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Hi!

To change the announcebot's name, you'll have to access your Seedbox via SSH. For me, the file I edited was located here:

~/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/trackers/Waffles.tracker

You can edit that with nano.

The line you're looking for is this:

<servers>
      <server
      network="P2P-NET"
      announcerNames="
      Waffles"
      />
      </servers>
      Edit the announcerNames variable to whatever value you need it to be. After doing so, save it, then restart irssi and refresh ruTorrent.

If I may ask, what is the new announcebot's name? I'm seem to have a similar problem with Waffles

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Whoops, Cappa beat me to it by a minute!

Comment

Originally posted by Cappa View Post
        Waffles shut their irc announce off a long time ago. they only have RSS afaik.

To change a bots name you can try editing the *.tracker file. Default path would be /home/user/.irssi/scripts/AutodlIrssi/trackers

There's a section that looks like this:

<servers>
        <server
        network="P2P-NET"
        announcerNames="Waffles"
        />
        </servers>

You would edit the annoucerNames
        THANK YOU Cappa, thats just what i need.
        now to figure out how to keep it from overwriting my changes, it seems it is rewriting the file from irssi memory..

PS waffles do have their announcebot spitting out announces in their announce channel, but their helpchannel is clueless about this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Torrentseeker View Post
          THANK YOU Cappa, thats just what i need.
          now to figure out how to keep it from overwriting my changes, it seems it is rewriting the file from irssi memory..

PS waffles do have their announcebot spitting out announces in their announce channel, but their helpchannel is clueless about this subject.
          Yes the announcements are there, but autodl-irssi is not picking them up. Very strange problem, indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X