Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tracker for college textbooks.

Hi guys,

I have recently been in the need for some textbooks. I haven't really been able to find them anywhere online if I google them. I'm not currently a member of any e-learning private trackers. Does anyone know of a private tracker that specializes in textbooks? I mostly need college level textbooks but it would be nice if they had regular books too. The most important thing is the college level textbooks. I'm going to need lots of different kinds of books on subjects like math, law, English, writing, literature, real-estate and lots of other stuff too. Since I can't really find them on google I'm kind of worried I won't be able to find them on the private trackers. I'm fine with formats like pdf, mobi, and e-pub. Pretty much anything that you can read on an android tablet or pc. I know there are other threads like this on T-I, but I wanted to get a fresh set of recommendations from you guys. Anyway I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some recommendations. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bestado; August 24, 2012, 01:37 AM.

I'm also very interested in this. EBV has a few, but not much, unfortunately. :[

Comment

I've been using google for my textbooks so it would be nice if someone knew of a good private tracker for textbooks
      JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
      IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

Yeah, I also use google sometimes, but since I'm going to need them occasionally from now on I really want a "go to" tracker for all my textbook needs.

Comment

I am also I need of a good trader for this purpose

Comment

The best one I've found is Textbook Torrents but they seem to be down atm. I used it just last week and it has tons of textbooks. Hopefully it will be back up soon. Heres a cached link so you can see what its like when its up. Unfortunately ever since tons of file uploading sites closed down its been really hard to find textbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by jframe View Post
              The best one I've found is Textbook Torrents but they seem to be down atm. I used it just last week and it has tons of textbooks. Hopefully it will be back up soon. Heres a cached link so you can see what its like when its up. Unfortunately ever since tons of file uploading sites closed down its been really hard to find textbooks.
              Ah, LibraryPirate. I've used it before, but the selection isn't big enough to find most of what I need.
              JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
              IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

Hmm, Library Pirate looks good. Thanks for the recommendation jframe, +2 rep. It seems that they're back up now. I see that it's an open tracker, I thought it was private but that's fine. I wanted to have just one tracker for this kind of stuff but due to the nature of my needs, I'm probably going to have to join more than one tracker. I was thinking about joining Docspedia too. They seem like a nice e-learning tracker.

Comment

Library Pirate is really a nice collection with really kind staff and members. I do recommend them in terms of useful high quality books. There are some problems while accessing the website through librarypirate.me, So please click here if you want to access your account.
                  Woodoo12

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. Is library pirate still down?

Comment

still down for me

Comment

You should try Bibliotik and this:

Free Textbook and Educational Resource File Sharing Site : Home

Comment

I appreciate this topic. Well, I used to buy books from my college's bookstore. However, I just hate how outrageously priced the books are. Textbooks are one of the biggest pains in the backside when it comes to college expenses. And because of that I think renting textbooks is probably more of the way to go for saving money. There is no larger inconvenience for student than getting college textbooks, mostly because of the enormous and usurious expense. However, Amazon wants to do the country's students a solid, by expanding the Amazon textbook rental program to hardcopy books.

Comment

you might want to check out the geeks.bz
                            here's a screener

They are not open right now but if you got to IRC i'm sure you can make a case for getting in
                            good luck
                            We have reached our maximum open signup limit (37,000).
                            In order to maintain a very high quality of members and information, we are a strictly private, members-only community.
                            An invitation from an existing member is required to join this site.

We highly recommend you visit our IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel where you can talk to members of the site and request an invite to be sent to your e-mail address.

Our IRC details are:
                            IRC server: irc.thegeeks.bz:6667
                            IRC channel: #thegeeks-invites

Comment

maybe this will help

Comment

Working...
                              X