HDD Password Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD Password Help please

Is there anyway other than paying lots of money to retrieve a HDD Password?
    My friend has had their hard drive locked and is now asking for a password, they don't know how it has happend and they aren't clever enough to input a password of this kind.
    I have tried all the passwords but nothing works please if anyone knows of any possible ways to solve this I would be very grateful
    Thank you and here's hoping
    ** Big Thanks to Freedom for Repping me in I wouldn't be here without him **

Re: HDD Password Help please

Where does the machine prompt for this password? Is it upon boot? Or when he enters windows, or even when he tries to enter the disk?

Comment

What kind of computer is it?

Comment

Sorry I should of given more info
        It is an Acer Aspire one notebook and it's asking for password as soon as it boots up I have tried F2 and going into bios but it says HDD password set when I try to change it just says incorrect password

Comment

I can only suggest pulling the CMOS battery for a few minutes/hours, I've seen that work.

Found this from a quick google Acer Aspire 3650 BIOS Password Reset/Recovery

Few suggestions there I'd try, especially that "Crisis Mode"

Comment

Originally posted by JamesG View Post
            I can only suggest pulling the CMOS battery for a few minutes/hours, I've seen that work.

Found this from a quick google Acer Aspire 3650 BIOS Password Reset/Recovery

Few suggestions there I'd try, especially that "Crisis Mode"
            Yes I have tried that but the back wont come off just wont budge and I don't want to put too much force on it and break it seeing as it isn't mine
            thanks for the info thou

Comment

Originally posted by sky46 View Post
              Yes I have tried that but the back wont come off just wont budge and I don't want to put too much force on it and break it seeing as it isn't mine
              thanks for the info thou
              Okay and have you tried the other suggestions in that thread?

If not, try them Also, the back WILL come off, something must still be holding it, screws are often underneath stickers for warantee purposes. Press on the stickers with your thumbnail to see if you find a hole where a screw might me. It should and will come off somehow :)

Comment

Hi, friend. Do you have any problems with erectile dysfunction and would love to solve it? Then be sure to follow here to learn more about sildenafil and how it can help you bring back your erection. I'm sure that you will like it as well.

Comment

Working...
                X