Audio sync issues with BRRip streaming to Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio sync issues with BRRip streaming to Xbox

I recently starting downloding BRRip's, but with most I end up with audio sync issues half way through the movie if I am streaming them to my xbox. The audio delay tends to get worse as the movie progresses. If I watch it on my computer, the audio stays in sync. I use 'Playback' for Mac to do the streaming. The movies with the most obvious sync issues have been in AVI format if that makes a difference.

Anyone know of ways to workaround this issue?
    Are there specific releases or formats of the rips that are best recommended for streaming to avoid this issue?

Thanks

Re: Audio sync issues with BRRip streaming to Xbox

Have you tried different bitrate AVIs? I used to have audio issues with streaming 1080p to my PS3, but 720p was usually OK, and SD never had any issues.

I don't know a great deal about streaming Mac ->Xbox, but is there a another program out there that you can try? There's always a chance that you're just using a genuinely crappy application.
    sigpic
    Member of IPT, U-G, BG, PTP, WHAT, DMN, BitMe, Fux0r. Comcrap 22/5 Businessclass.

Comment

You computer probably has more computational power or at least better buffering to keep AVI playback synchronized. Various AVI encodings have a large impact on performance and hardware players tend to have strict playback constraints. If the peak data exceeds the computational bandwidth then loss of audio sync wouldn't be unexpected. Or it could even be that the streaming buffer on your Mac is running out if you are multitasking.

What does all of that mean? Well, as already suggested, 720p probably won't have issues. Is 720p sufficient for you? You could also try different streaming software, setting a larger buffer or assigning a higher priority to the streaming app. Or select rips that use audio streams that are encoded at 32Khz and/or CBR, rather than 48Khz/VBR. Ideally you also want rips that were not encoded with a MS API, but that will be hard to discern. If you are curious about AVI timing issues, here is a starting point.
      Fortune and love favour the brave .-. Ovid ....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I am doing some experiments to see if I can narrow down the issue. I am going to re-evaluate Rivet to see if it has the same problem. Ill also try other encodings.

Comment

I use a Prog called Mezzmo streams to my Smart TV 720 and 1080 may work on the PS3 and XBox
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X