About Dj programs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Dj programs.

Like topic says.. Im kind of a newbie about DJ´ng. But what do you use for software?. And what hardware/software can you recomend? Have some toughts about some mixer with USB (cheaper one) =)
    Have a nice day!

well , u could try virtual dj for a start..
    hardware controllers works with virtual dj, u just need to have the mappings for it.
    or u could use traktor or serato .
    sigpic

Comment

Virtual DJ
      Zulu DJ
      Last edited by xxmusicxx; January 15, 2013, 07:27 AM.
      sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
      Cafe gblaze ghost6945
      Hyoksang
      pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
      WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
      and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

Thnx for your idéas. Hardware support is a must. i think VirtualDJ is like a standard program when you buy a console. gonna buy a Hercules RMX 2. =)

Comment

That's incredible, this Virtual DJ is all that? I want some hardware to work with, this is a good choice then?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugiganga View Post
            That's incredible, this Virtual DJ is all that? I want some hardware to work with, this is a good choice then?
            Well, looked at VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - Hardware list and it seems to support many manufacturers. Me like!

Comment

Originally posted by sweda View Post
              Well, looked at VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - Hardware list and it seems to support many manufacturers. Me like!
              Hmmm...I will take a look, very grateful @sweda.

Comment

software is somewhat dependent on hardware selection and midi mapping. For example if you use a vestax VCI-300 MKII interface automatic midi mapping will occur with serato itch, but you will have to midi map if you chose to use tracktor le or pro. I do not like virtual dj so I don't have much to say on it. you must pay attention to which hardware maps automatically, so you don't spend too much time on the mapping end b/c it can get discouraging. if i was you i would download software first to try it out (this will not be possible for serato b/c it will not work without specific hardware) and then select an interface. not each interface is created equal b/c some have built in sound cards while others require sound card and an external mixer. do plenty of research on sites such djtechtools, dogsonacid, etc. Prices vary wildly and it is best to pick up a used interface on ebay.

when i first started out i grabbed a boot legged copy of ableton and grabbed every boot legged tutorial i could find. ableton almost makes things too easy, thru its warping functionality, but it teaches you the principles of beat matching quite nicely. now that i think about it...this would be an excellent way for any new dj to start. just pm me if you have any questions.

Comment

What about FL Studio, it's good as I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Trompete View Post
                    What about FL Studio, it's good as I think?
                    FL Studio is not exactly DJ software, if we talk about live mixing. It's some sort producer software to create loop-based music.

If I should recommend anything, I would recommend Traktor. But of course it depends on your hardware.
                    I have a small sampler with 8 buttons and 8 faders. For basic mixing, this is fine for me.
                    Traktors interface and features beat most other DJ software. But that is only my perspective.

Comment

mixing program with hardware support?

this is my favorite hands down : NATIVE INSTRUMENTS
                      Proud founder of the #brothel

Comment

I've been playing around with records since i was age 15,
                        have always played with vinyl, but had to try the new things in store,
                        so i started using Traktor (native instruments) for mixing together with an external dj mixer (Pioneer DDJ Ergo)
                        have to say i wish i started sooner!

Grts Knisper

Comment

All that I can say is ableton, traktor & serato in that order w/ a good solid controler by Allen & Heath and you'll be broke but COOL.

Comment

I prefered Traktor scratch pro with HID support to my CDJ-2000 Nexus, which I use on my gigs. I tryed m-audio Torq - it was ok too. But there is nozhing like DJing on vinyl.

Comment

I prefer Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6 for time coded vinyl or CDs and Ableton 8.3 for DJing as well. Traktor Pro 2.6 works well too.

Comment

Working...
                              X