This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-I perks?

I was thinking of creating a forum which would benefit TI members.

As you know our member base is comprised of 17 somethings and then older people 30 ishes

I'm not saying all of you are it is just most of you are XD

This presents an interesting thing we may try.

I was wondering, and it would come down to a vote whether we could create a forum that would say get cheaper drinks at a bar you work for?

A better deal on something at a place you work?

Hiring somebody from the forum or even looking at a resume you would normally discard immediatly?

Basically an extension of our sharing good natures into the real world.

also if i do create a section will anyone put anything up?

can you guys post what you would be willing to do?
    Great idea, Do it!
    81.43%
    Stupid idea, what are you thinking.
    18.57%
    PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

Well that seems like an absolutely wonderful idea! As you put it, it is an extension of what this place has to offer, and prof of the fact that this place actually thrives on the community...
    Residing in the deepest catacombs, his all-seeing eye roams everywhere. Hurting the heinous, helping the destitute and lavishing bonbon among the children, he now requires assistance to advance this noble cause. Toiling since the dawn of time, I have proven myself worthy to join his ranks. Worthy to become, The Exalted.

Comment

To be completely honest i didn't understand everything that you wrote Dave but i seem to get the basics of it. It is a place that is an extension and bonus to this community ans it sounded good, so definitely a yes from me. If it helps make this site more better in anyway which it definitely will im going to vote yes.

In the name of the best within me, I radiate a light by which others may see their own way in dark streets of life while I pursue my quest for excellence with an urge to serve others at whatever cost as I rise to the occasion, staying true to my ideals, beliefs and commitments and as the heroes of all time have guided me by example, so shall I guide you with my strength and dedication to persevere and endure all responsibilities on this trail of bliss and perfection-the path of The Exalted.

Comment

Sure IŽll do it, just dont forget that you have an international community here.

A cool template would be like this:

Country & City:
        Perk:
        Limits:

In addition to this maybe a request pool will help or might be even better.

Just a thought, but I do like your idea, bringing sharing into the next level.

Comment

I think this is a great idea for everyone to benefit in some way.
          I'm sure I can help some of those in need... Students maybe in programming etc... Or other things.

+1

Comment

IF I have understood this properly, then I disagree. Will this not draw extra attention to this community. In the long term, won't this cause extra tension between us and some of the trackers?

VERY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE

Comment

As I understand it, you meant to connect the internet (virtual) world to the real social life where not only people give away "virtual stuff" such as invite, but also real goods. For example, if I put a book on sale on amazon.com and you a buyer happen to be a member here, I then would sell it to you for a cheaper price? If that is the intention, then it could potentially unsafe because of identity. As you see, not a lot of people post their picture on the picture of yourself thread. Let alone those who posted picture of others and claimed as their own.

However, as long as anonymity is assured, this should be great :)
              Last edited by dontdothat; December 5, 2009, 03:31 AM.

Comment

@goo ball why would it?

@dontdothat you need not reveal your identity maybe create a coupon for a small discount etc...

In the case of amazon your real identity is still preserved....

In any case it is up to each individual member how much they want to disclose... Nothing we do at TI is illegal so you need not worry about police knocking at your door. Giving a small discount on an ebay sale or amazon sale does not reveal anymore information than it does giving invites away.

If you do give a discount at say a shopping center it may give who you are away but then again it is up to you.
                PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Comment

Sometime, if you found a customer who is a trusted member from TI, you can do transaction outside of eBay or Amazon to save up some commission fees :P

For example: in stead of listing stuff on ebay, one could try it here first.
                  Pros: No commission or listing fee whatsoever.
                  Cons: Return the item if the buyer is not pleased... it is easier to sell stuff to stranger and forget about it than to a person you see perhaps everyday.
                  Last edited by dontdothat; December 5, 2009, 03:33 AM.

Comment

also if i do create a section will anyone put anything up?

can you guys post what you would be willing to do?
                    PM me at your own peril.

Comment

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you're proposing. But if it's somehow dealing with the sale of hard goods doesn't that open up a lot of potential for conflict in an area that has nothing to do with torrenting?
                      Born of mortal flesh and blood, she has toiled with understanding cyphers at times so oblique as to defy all understanding, drawing the attention of those so hidden in the shadows that their substance is not even the stuff of legends. Her work, both revered and reviled, continues to this day, as The Exalted.

Lovin' T-I !!!!

Custom avatar created by demon. Thank you so much!

Comment

I have seen this on a local tracker a few years back, we use to share coupons, retail sales ect like dominoes $5 pizzas coupons or the surf shop at whatever is having a huge sale ect and it worked quite well but it was at a local level so not sure how successful it would be on a global scale. I would also recommend making this a high level or at least mid like the giveaway threads just to make sure scammers don't start posting their.
                        Known by few but respected by all, he has no enemies as none dare to cross him.
                        He is the only living being to strike fear into the one that possesses the all mighty roundhouse kick. He is,
                        The Exalted.

sigpic

Comment

I'd be willing to give people free lifts around fife in scotland, but somehow I doubt there are any other peeps from my area here haha.
                          I can spare various computer parts, assist with computer builds/overclocking, programming/website creation, uh, I don't work for any particular employer in the country so can't offer freebies or anything.
                          Oh, I have a few thousand Staedtler HB pencils if anyone wants them. lol.

-Andrew
                          http://www.speedtest.net/result/5362928776.png
                          http://www.pingtest.net/result/146170732.png

Member (mostly PU or greater) of: BG; BHDTV; BMTV; BitMe; BTN; CE; Demonoid; FTS; Fux0r; GFT; IPT; MVids; PS; PiN; PTM; PtN; PTP; RevTT; SCC; ST; STC; STM; TB; TC; TL; TVT; W.FM; W.CD

Comment

Sounds like a plan. For sure it would be a good chance to help each other in the real life. As for example, we all travel but being to a country it's easy to be mugged or even simply to get lost. I would offer information and would help out to get around Moscow City. As well as, if you are thinking to get a job in Moscow i might help you out.
                            Same thing with hardware, especially if you live not that far ... there is a lot of stuff that just sit and doing nothing. Can be given or sold at the better price.

... to be continued

Comment

Originally posted by flutrose View Post
                              I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you're proposing. But if it's somehow dealing with the sale of hard goods doesn't that open up a lot of potential for conflict in an area that has nothing to do with torrenting?
                              Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe Dave is on about opening a new section based on giving fellow T-I members discounts, coupons etc outside the world of torrenting.

I think this is a great idea. I had a free legit full album download code, didn't want it myself but i could have given it away to someone here. I really do think this is a good idea and i really hope its implemented
                              My G/A HERE

All new members please read HERE!

My General Forum. Please feel free to join
                              http://anythingforum.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X