Keeping TI afloat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
    I encourage everyone to read this news article from TorrentFreak.com about P2P vs Streaming which is interesting.
    So let's say if the forum hybridizes P2P and streaming. How would a dedicated Streaming sub-forum look like and what can we do with it? What can we do that other sites are not doing or do better?
    I like the idea about reviews of the various streaming sites, I know little about these services & the couple I've tried have been v. poor quality. I prefer the HD or 720p quality I can get from torrent sites even if the content is delayed a little. I tried some of the official streaming sites, Amazon Prime has regional issues, but Netflix seems OK I guess?
    sigpic

Comment

I haven't been back in a long time either and it would be a shame if it closes - this place used to be happening a few years back. Thanks for the memories - i was one of the first guys with 100 iGivers.

Comment

I just want to join a great anime site. I was hoping this would be the place to go. This site is dead.

Comment

This site is not really an anime site... but it is a site where you could get invited to a tracker, where you could possibly get invite to a great anime site. This would require a certain amount of effort on your part, but it would make this site "the place to go".

Comment

I know it's not an anime site, but there are no invites anywhere. It looks like this site used to offer a bunch of invites. Now there is nothing.

Comment

There aren't as many invites as there used to be, but then again torrent community is consolidating into a much smaller user-base due to abundance of cheap(ish) legal online sources of popular content. This in turn means fewer torrent sites, many of them with much more strict requirements to get an invite, and few of the elite ones where getting an invite now is close to impossible (you would need a very good RL friend who really trusts you to get an invite).

That said, there are still invites here, mainly for torrent sites with easy access. Those can then lead you to higher tier trackers, until eventually you'll land an invite to the tracker of your choice. If it doesn't shut down before that that is.

Situation sucks for people who are looking for non-mainstream content.

Comment

Wow, it sucks to see this. This was a major part of my torrenting life back in the days.

Comment

Working...
                X