No announcement yet.

Keeping TI afloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey [MENTION=371518]Mbappe[/MENTION] looking into a cloud solution that may suit our needs.

Hopefully that pans out otherwise some members have volunteered to host TI.
    PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

Comment

I'm a nobody here but this website opened a whole new world for me when i joined, thanks to all the members who made this place great.

Comment

Hope you can keep this going!

Comment

Just a suggestion:

If it needs to be closed really, open a discord server and onlyinvite us verified users there. We will keep discord invite private until everything set. Then people can share a public invite and gather people.

Comment

Wow, to see this thread made me sad. I hope some people can still find a solution. I'm willing to chip in as well if there is a solid plan from someone who will take the lead.
            If that turns out not to be possible, we should at least figure out a way to keep the current community together in a private space (discord or something).

Comment

Hey [MENTION=1]Dave[/MENTION],

I can move the site to a VPS of mine, so that it stays alive. Can't promise anything else for now, but still might be useful

Comment

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
                @pb_teo @TheDarkKnightR Both of you have brought up legitimate issues that T-I has been wrestling with for quite a time now.

People gravitate to T-I for easier access to invites and tracker information primarily. Taking away the giveaways from the forum will literally be the last nail hammered on the coffin. I think that we need to have a diplomacy with the those trackers who are friendly and willing to allow the flow of their invites here.

I am just going to brainstorm here for a few minutes to see how we can improve the forum.

0. Add more crypto currencies on top of bitcoin for site donations. Free monthly seedboxes to the top 5 site donors. Some incentive.
                1. Be a platform for new upcoming trackers who want to market their presence by having official recruitment threads.
                2. On top of having seedbox companies marketing their services, why not also add VPN companies (PIA, Nord, ect) to the list. Asking for like a 10-15% off discount for T-I. VPNs are so hotly popular right now. VPN is one of the main topics always being discussed on reddit.
                3. ****Make new relationships with IPT, torrent-leech, and ect. We just need to have basic general trackers for the new members/noobs. Overtime we could probably add more l33t trackers to the list.
                4. Make an official T-I subreddit to direct new traffic here.
                5. Only have the 10%, VIP, and requests threads with new names.
                6. Expedite the intro process so that fewer mods & volunteers can be more efficient in the their time.
                7. Update the tracker reviews.
                8. ***Create a new sub-forum dedicated to streaming. Like which desktop & mobile apps, add-ons, tutorials, news, hacks, and stuff. Give people what they want.
                9. Identifying what really is outdated in the forum.
                10. Make IRC the spot to really chill. Bring back games, RADIO :), bonus points for idling.
                11. Adding crypto mining to the site as an option to pay for site costs will be unpopular.
                12. Add a sub-forum for the discussion of crypto??

This. Great points I agree with. Although I'm a lurker and carry shame for not being active or helping - I can see this stuff really boosting site activity/health. Especially the platform for upcoming trackers, vpns, new subforums for streaming sources/knowledge, etc...all this integration of different niches into this niche will really bring activity and also cause more lurking and interest in the core use of TI.

Comment

Discord is a great idea as many new generation folks don't have a clue how to use IRC or know what it even is...their IRC has been Discord and such. Having a Discord option as a second chat platform would be excellent.

Comment

Man I got here at just the wrong time

Comment

I think I've been here last around 2013 when I was really using torrents and this is the website that helped the most, I was really happy when I got access imo to the most revered chdbits :)

So thanks a lot for that.

Really said that it's going down.

If also that's not too much to ask, could someone briefly explain what's going on and some of the posts mean like below ?

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
                      This is pretty late in the game bro. You should of intervened back when Copper pulled his heist on the site. Recruited more talent and delegated web development to more people. The site could of been saved and you 'd just collect revenue. But its now gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Raum View Post
                      Too late Dave!.

Just let it go with Pride :) You should have intervened when Ethicks went against BTN. From that day on words it went down. Then Power struggle between Copper and SB. Please let it go with pride Dave. Atleast it will be a good memory :) for us. If it goes to scum bags then its just another site. :(.

Take care all my friends at T-I.com, I started off as a noob from this site. Become part of all the great Torrent sites and Staffer at few. It was a good stay yall :).

SB take care ol man ^_^ forever in Debt of you \o/.

Regards
                      FAT R4I ^_^

Comment

I'm sad to see this end. I've been so caught up these past 5 years that I never kept up with this community like I intended. I'm donating anyways, since I wouldn't had many awesome movie nights without this site!

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoThe View Post
                          I think I've been here last around 2013 when I was really using torrents and this is the website that helped the most, I was really happy when I got access imo to the most revered chdbits :)

If also that's not too much to ask, could someone briefly explain what's going on and some of the posts mean like below ?
                          Its a long and bitter story that doesnt need to be revisited. Something that I said in haste without being considerate and with regret.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoThe View Post

You do not have to worry about what happened in the past ^_^. Its an old storry :)

P.S nothing of important now :)
                            sigpic

Comment

For me, It all started here. I can commit a dedicated server. :)

Server specs:
                              E3-1245
                              16GB RAM
                              2x3TB SATA Enterprise Drive
                              1Gbps
                              20TB traffic

Comment

Bummer...
                                Well, I can see TI is going through an existential crisis, and I'd like to see it come through one way or another. I'm willing to donate a few bucks here and there if it helps.
                                And if you need a hand managing the forum I'll make time, [MENTION=1]Dave[/MENTION].
                                About the competition on video content by streaming sites, Kodi, Plex and others, I'd like to argue there's much more to p2p than video and music. Think about the warez peeps, all the specialized warez trackers around.
                                Having a strong offer on those might help to attract the kind of dedicated people we want here.
                                It would be sad to see this go, I hope we can do something about it.
                                Just my 2 cents.
                                Cheers peeps, it's been a pleasure anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X