Keeping TI afloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey every1,

Sad to see this forum go. Haven't been too active or anything but this place gave me some valuable invites that I've been using to this day.
    Really hope that you find a way to maintain/renew this site and keep the good times rolling.

I liked the idea someone mentioned above about removing everything unnecessary and keeping only "must have" things. Try to renew it and maintain somehow.
    Really tight on the money ATM but I could drop 5 to 10 dollars if that would make a difference. ;)

Comment

IMO the biggest downfall has been a constantly diminishing amount of active staff. It seems like [MENTION=171424]Shadowbuild[/MENTION] has been the only one running the place for a while now, and that in turn means no one doing intros anymore, and so no member growth here.

Also, my coding work stalled long ago, and I could have been more active at that to help improve the site. That's on me.

I give [MENTION=171424]Shadowbuild[/MENTION] a lot of credit for being as committed as he has. Without him I feel the site would be in this position long ago.

Regardless of what happens... its been a blast. If it stays around somehow you guys have my word that I will do more to help out.
      Last edited by Batman; August 1, 2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Well this sucks. I enjoyed my time nonetheless.
        sigpic

Comment

I know that many are willing to give their contribute to keep TI alive, but we need to really answer the question "What's the big change to bring the activity back?"
          There is no match from streaming with bad quality, breaks, etc, to a nice torrent where you can enjoy and relax. But...what else? Many take the invites, get what they want and just lurk around.
          Making those sacrifices just to say "Oh yes, i clicked TI site and it's still there" it's not enough, it's like keeping someone connected to a machine just to pump the heart and say "Here he lies on a bed", but nevermore alive.

My 2 cents.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reload View Post
            I know that many are willing to give their contribute to keep TI alive, but we need to really answer the question "What's the big change to bring the activity back?"
            There is no match from streaming with bad quality, breaks, etc, to a nice torrent where you can enjoy and relax. But...what else? Many take the invites, get what they want and just lurk around.
            Making those sacrifices just to say "Oh yes, i clicked TI site and it's still there" it's not enough, it's like keeping someone connected to a machine just to pump the heart and say "Here he lies on a bed", but nevermore alive.

My 2 cents.
            The big change I believe is the lack of new users, I don't think there is anyone who are really active in that section accepting new Intro's, hence no new posts, no one looking for invites etc.
            sigpic
            A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
            If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

I disagree with you @TheDarkKnightR
              The real issue imho is that members are afraid being active here cause some of the best trackers have been against T-I openly and they don't like giveaways system at all, even if you've never shared one of their trackers.

Read my post on 1 and 3 page here where I wrote what I think it could be the only way to save and re-born T-I, to go smooth and peacefully with trackers again, so members for multiple reasons will start to come back more and more here. More older members means more activity and more mods and more of everything.

Why to support giveaways system nowadays when there are so many other legit ways to join trackers and start your journey? Why to both sides to risk so much?

T-I has a long history and many staffers around BT respect some things here, especially the old ones who know the real story, know what BT was before 2009 with the trading etc. Imo it could be a great community, a great forum but without the giveaways. Just official recruitment threads.

Reload Read my previous post.

Take care.

Comment

@pb_teo @TheDarkKnightR Both of you have brought up legitimate issues that T-I has been wrestling with for quite a time now.

People gravitate to T-I for easier access to invites and tracker information primarily. Taking away the giveaways from the forum will literally be the last nail hammered on the coffin. I think that we need to have a diplomacy with the those trackers who are friendly and willing to allow the flow of their invites here.

I am just going to brainstorm here for a few minutes to see how we can improve the forum.

0. Add more crypto currencies on top of bitcoin for site donations. Free monthly seedboxes to the top 5 site donors. Some incentive.
                1. Be a platform for new upcoming trackers who want to market their presence by having official recruitment threads.
                2. On top of having seedbox companies marketing their services, why not also add VPN companies (PIA, Nord, ect) to the list. Asking for like a 10-15% off discount for T-I. VPNs are so hotly popular right now. VPN is one of the main topics always being discussed on reddit.
                3. ****Make new relationships with IPT, torrent-leech, and ect. We just need to have basic general trackers for the new members/noobs. Overtime we could probably add more l33t trackers to the list.
                4. Make an official T-I subreddit to direct new traffic here.
                5. Only have the 10%, VIP, and requests threads with new names.
                6. Expedite the intro process so that fewer mods & volunteers can be more efficient in the their time.
                7. Update the tracker reviews.
                8. ***Create a new sub-forum dedicated to streaming. Like which desktop & mobile apps, add-ons, tutorials, news, hacks, and stuff. Give people what they want.
                9. Identifying what really is outdated in the forum.
                10. Make IRC the spot to really chill. Bring back games, RADIO :), bonus points for idling.
                11. Adding crypto mining to the site as an option to pay for site costs will be unpopular.
                12. Add a sub-forum for the discussion of crypto??
                Last edited by Proleteriat; August 4, 2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
                  @pb_teo @TheDarkKnightR Both of you have brought up legitimate issues that T-I has been wrestling with for quite a time now.

People gravitate to T-I for easier access to invites and tracker information primarily. Taking away the giveaways from the forum will literally be the last nail hammered on the coffin. I think that we need to have a diplomacy with the those trackers who are friendly and willing to allow the flow of their invites here.

I am just going to brainstorm here for a few minutes to see how we can improve the forum.

0. Add more crypto currencies on top of bitcoin for site donations. Free monthly seedboxes to the top 5 site donors. Some incentive.
                  1. Be a platform for new upcoming trackers who want to market their presence by having official recruitment threads.
                  2. On top of having seedbox companies marketing their services, why not also add VPN companies (PIA, Nord, ect) to the list. Asking for like a 10-15% off discount for T-I. VPNs are so hotly popular right now. VPN is one of the main topics always being discussed on reddit.
                  3. ****Make new relationships with IPT, torrent-leech, and ect. We just need to have basic general trackers for the new members/noobs. Overtime we could probably add more l33t trackers to the list.
                  6. Expedite the intro process so that fewer mods & volunteers can be more efficient in the their time.
                  8. ***Create a new sub-forum dedicated to streaming. Like which desktop & mobile apps, add-ons, tutorials, news, hacks, and stuff. Give people what they want.
                  10. Make IRC the spot to really chill. Bring back games, RADIO :), bonus points for idling.
                  11. Adding crypto mining to the site as an option to pay for site costs will be unpopular.
                  Absolutely!

More discussions about Crypto, Bitcoin etc.
                  Launch weekly/daily competitions for bonuses/invites/seedboxes. Who brings most new friends that pass the intro gets an invite to X or bonus in X tracker or a seedbox. Maybe events for sports like whoever guess the results of a UFC event gets something etc, etc..
                  Active IRC where everyone chills and the noobs can learn from the veterans how to join top tier trackers.

There's a lot that can be done to revive this community. The only question right now is how dedicated and motivated the owner is, and whether he can gather a crew as his staff.

Comment

Thanks guys for the posts [MENTION=180793]Proleteriat[/MENTION] [MENTION=371518]Mbappe[/MENTION] [MENTION=231355]pb_teo[/MENTION] [MENTION=127266]TheDarkKnightR[/MENTION] Looks like we do have some supportive users still.

Working out the server situation. Will hopefully find a way to make it happen.
                    PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

Comment

Sweet!!!

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post

Great ideas but easy to write, almost impossible to implement. You need many dedicated and skilled members ready to risk their accounts, make giveaways, spend way to much time writing around, talk with other staffers about T-I and their relationships etc. I think is impossible to find these members nowadays. I don't have the time for that, I am not even close as active as I used to be.

I stick to my opinion that open giveaways by everyone have to be disabled and what I wrote in my previous posts.

Comment

[MENTION=231355]pb_teo[/MENTION] Read the post you told me to see again, and my opinion (of course i respect yours) is still the same: i don't get the "afraid" idea. You delete the Giveaway section, and then you have a new TI? Even the name of the forum has to change, because it doesnt make sense anymore.
                          I can accept some kind of test with your idea to see how it works, because i really needed to watch what that change can make.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's hard to say because I don't know how much traffic the website gets, but a part of the solution may be migrating hosting services to mitigate cost. You can get the domain as well as domain privacy for 20 - 25 bucks a year. I don't know how big the database is but it's likely to be in the tens of gigs. Setup free cloudflare to keep international users as happy as possible. You could probably get a setup on digital ocean or linode for 20 bucks a month that could accommodate the site while remaining relatively speedy. Overall you're looking at 150/year. Of course I may be grossly underestimating site traffic and/or database size. I've never ran a forum or anything this size before /shrug

Comment

Let me know if you need hosting and what your min hosting requirements are... if it's within what I have left from my server I can setup an account.

Comment

[MENTION=1]Dave[/MENTION] - Any news?

Comment

Working...
                                X