No announcement yet.

Keeping TI afloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from vacation, and although I have not been active on this forum for a while, this is still sad news; I met some great people on here, and also got a few new invites... ;-)
    sigpic

Comment

Comment

this is the best site where i always daily visited for techtalk and invites !!!
        if it's really going to die then its really a sad news for us !!!

Comment

When I got the email I was shocked, I learnt about seedboxes from this site and advanced knowledge about torrents from here, I just can't believe it, sad to see the site go. Goodbye everyone I sure did make a lot of friends here.
          sigpic
          A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
          If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

No I don't think that many of us are ready to throw in the towel just yet. I can commit to donate at least $20 bucks per month to help with maintenance costs. It will be a good idea to do some soul searching to see how the site can cater to torrent enthusiasts. T-I is a niche web site but I say that we can definitely make the best of it. We're definitely not in 2010-12 any longer but we can adapt and stay up to date. P2P is tried and true and its not going anywhere. As a matter of fact, Kodi and other streaming mediums are getting hit really hard right now by law suits. What.cd went down but 4-5 other music trackers arose to compete to take its place. Torrenting is still the best alternative to streaming and news sites in my opinion. Private trackers offer the best quality content and a seedbox is highly customizable.

The piracy and trackers subreddits have a lot of people discussing tech and development from GitHub for you know what. Bringing those conversations here can steer us in the right direction. There are tons of noobs torrenting at public trackers and panicking about dmca letters in the piracy subreddit. People are always asking for invites in the trackers subreddit. We need to bring those folks here and get them started with invites to those starter general trackers in the 10% forum. **Hell we need our own subreddit to extend our presence.

Shrinking the site's footprint is a good idea. It will help with cost and a redesign will definitely be easier. I love this community and there people here that I truly care for. Cheers :)
            Last edited by Proleteriat; August 1, 2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Feel free to PM me with server expenses etc. I might be able to host you for free on my dedi.
              :evil: HELLenic = Greek which came out of HELL :evil:

Comment

When I got an email I thought its scammers ... I opened the site to check if it's true and I couldn't believe it's not a joke. Even If I wasn't very active lately still I will remember this site as one of the best communities I have ever been. Friendly, willing to help even with software issues, those old jokes threads and etc. I hope you will get suggestions on how to save website. It's just too good to be dead. I wish you all good luck. Even if we won't see each other anytime soon :)

Comment

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
                  No I don't think that many of us are ready to throw in the towel just yet. I can commit to donate at least $20 bucks per month to help with maintenance costs. It will be a good idea to do some soul searching to see how the site can cater to torrent enthusiasts. T-I is a niche web site but I say that we can definitely make the best of it. We're definitely not in 2010-12 any longer but we can adapt and stay up to date. P2P is tried and true and its not going anywhere. As a matter of fact, Kodi and other streaming mediums are getting hit really hard right now by law suits. What.cd went down but 4-5 other music trackers arose to compete to take its place. Torrenting is still the best alternative to streaming and news sites in my opinion. Private trackers offer the best quality content and a seedbox is highly customizable.

The piracy and trackers subreddits have a lot of people discussing tech and development from GitHub for you know what. Bringing those conversations here can steer us in the right direction. There are tons of noobs torrenting at public trackers and panicking about dmca letters in the piracy subreddit. People are always asking for invites in the trackers subreddit. We need to bring those folks here and get them started with invites to those starter general trackers in the 10% forum. **Hell we need our own subreddit to extend our presence.

Shrinking the site's footprint is a good idea. It will help with cost and a redesign will definitely be easier. I love this community and there people here that I truly care for. Cheers :)

Cheers mate. Will definately look to a solution to keep TI up even if it means making some sacrifices.

I agree p2p will always be there but with streaming services becoming so cheap its hard to compel the next generation of pirates haha.

It is a sad end of a golden age.
                  PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

Comment

Yeah I definitely hear ya. Around how much does it cost to maintain the site?

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe I could pitch in as well, Dave. What is the cost?

Comment

The only way T-I can be really saved and be attractive again is if it will have a radical reform. It needs to be risk-free so the members will not have to worry about posting here. I know many that "can't" be active cause some specific trackers warned them.

So how can we make this possible? Become what have been loved more by the userbase all these year, a community, but without the giveaways. It won't be the same ofc, it won't be torrent-invites but this need to change to become risk-free. It can changed to The-Invited. \_(ツ)_/ Become just a forum with serious rules against invites sharing on forum. Trackers could start to approve it, and still, old vibes and nostalgia could bring some people around. People could start helping newbies getting their first steps on T-I. Where to look, how to start, where to apply, what to read.

But we really have to get away from giveaways if we want to attract the people T-I needs.
                        @Dave A blog-post about T-I on how do you think it changed and supported the whole BT back in 2009-2013 era would be awesome. Letting people know some history about this place, from when you started it, how do you think it changed ΒΤ and helped so many people etc. With what trackers it had deals and who offered official invites threads here will be an eye opening for most people cause they still confuse this T-I with others. Writing this while announcing T-I as a forum that stops giveaways completely and will focus just on helping newcomers and be a BT forum could be great, it could bring a lot of people back and make the new staffers on some trackers know the real story behind T-I, cause most don't know it. The new staffers heard T-I, so T-I is evil like other TI.

A radical reform is needed if we don't want low activity again, and have members being afraid of their accounts. (Many of us are blacklisted anyway, they know our usernames around BT)
                        Let's turn to the final chapter of T-I, just a forum community just like T-P-S and others, and made it clear we do not have giveaways or breaking any rules of trackers anymore.

Just my thoughts,
                        Take care.
                        Last edited by pb_teo; August 1, 2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

hey guys, once i had been active for a while but haven't been around for the past ... hum... few years (sorry~), suddenly got this email.

not sure what had happened (i guess many are in the same boat as me), but if we are to move on, where to go? any suggestion or hint?

Comment

Originally posted by pb_teo View Post
                            The only way T-I can be really saved and be attractive again is if it will have a radical reform. It needs to be risk-free so the members will not have to worry about posting here. I know many that "can't" be active cause some specific trackers warned them.

So how can we make this possible? Become what have been loved more by the userbase all these year, a community, but without the giveaways. It won't be the same ofc, it won't be torrent-invites but this need to change to become risk-free. It can changed to The-Invited. \_(ツ)_/ Become just a forum with serious rules against invites sharing on forum. Trackers could start to approve it, and still, old vibes and nostalgia could bring some people around. People could start helping newbies getting their first steps on T-I. Where to look, how to start, where to apply, what to read.

But we really have to get away from giveaways if we want to attract the people T-I needs.
                            @Dave A blog-post about T-I on how do you think it changed and supported the whole BT back in 2009-2013 era would be awesome. Letting people know some history about this place, from when you started it, how do you think it changed T-I and helped so many people etc. With what trackers it had deals and who offered official invites threads here will be an eye opening for most people cause they still confuse this T-I with others. Writing this while announcing T-I as a forum that stops giveaways completely and will focus just on helping newcomers and be a BT forum could be great, it could bring a lot of people back and make the new staffers on some trackers know the real story behind T-I, cause most don't know it. The new staffers heard T-I, so T-I is evil like other TI.

A radical reform is needed if we don't want low activity again, and have members being afraid of their accounts. (Many of us are blacklisted anyway, they know our usernames around BT)
                            Let's turn to the final chapter of T-I, just a forum community just like T-P-S and others, and made it clear we do not have giveaways or breaking any rules of trackers anymore.
                            that's well said. i haven't been around for the past few years because i don't want to lose my PTP BTN HDB and other accounts...

and certainly i am even more afraid of giving invite away...

Comment

There will always be a risk when giving invites here or elsewhere. This site wouldnt exist or our invites if were not taking a risk.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

Comment

Won't like to see T-I go away. I agree to the heavy time consuming work, but I bet there are already trustworthy developers part of T-I which would love to spend some time in improving the software base. Additionally I don't see that high server costs for a forum but of course the owner shouldn't have to pay for it as long its community dedicated.
                                Lets pay Dave back.. provide him a server and some dev or mods may help with T-I.

Comment

Working...
                                X