Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping TI afloat

Hey guys,

So we may be a bit at the end of days moment here.

I know that I probably have collectively failed you in keeping active but its what happens when you grow up and life gets in the way.

I have basically been keeping the site bills paid out of my own pocket for the past year but unfortunately its not really becoming sustainable anymore.

It saddens me alot to bring the site down as it was a major part of my life a couple years ago as I am sure it was for alot of you too.

So this is basically our last hurrah. Suggest anything last minute that may revitalise or save the site and if you just want to say goodbye to old friends post below!

The server is paid for another month and we will play it by ear from there.

Of course if we can keep the site aflot together I am obviously happy to do so as well you can always donate any spare cash via bitcoin http://www.torrent-invites.com/bitcoin.php or just pm me if you need to go via paypal.

If any of you want to take the site on am happy to entertain any offers.

Thanks,

Dave
    PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

This is pretty late in the game bro. You should of intervened back when Copper pulled his heist on the site. Recruited more talent and delegated web development to more people. The site could of been saved and you 'd just collect revenue. But its now gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Too late Dave!.

Just let it go with Pride :) You should have intervened when Ethicks went against BTN. From that day on words it went down. Then Power struggle between Copper and SB. Please let it go with pride Dave. Atleast it will be a good memory :) for us. If it goes to scum bags then its just another site. :(.

Take care all my friends at T-I.com, I started off as a noob from this site. Become part of all the great Torrent sites and Staffer at few. It was a good stay yall :).

SB take care ol man ^_^ forever in Debt of you \o/.

Regards
      FAT R4I ^_^
      Last edited by Raum; July 28th, 2018, 07:13 PM. Reason: Have to say more
      sigpic

Comment

Make a back up (if you want) and let it go. If you can't afford it, you just drop it. I would like to pay, but i don't have the money.

Comment

Sorry to see it go. If anyone wants to stay in touch with me, send me a PM.

Comment

Oh no! This is so sad to hear.
            Just a week before the site will go offline I'll celebrate my 6th year anniversary as a member of this great community.
            What will happen to the members now? Where will they go?

This is really a sad day for all the great T-I members out there.

Comment

A lot of memories come from this place. It would be sad to see it go. We need either a serious boost in posts/comments or just to drop things altogether. Even with everything that has happened I've always been around, even if it's just for lurking purposes. Whatever happens, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for making this place what it has been.

Dave, It's good to see you buddy. It's been a good long while. I hope things are going well for you my friend.
              Retired Admin of
              sigpic
              I have been a part of all of these trackers
              PtN, ScT, HDBits.org, Blackcats, What.cd, Oink.cd, Waffles.fm, ScL, SCC, BitMeTV, BitMe, ChristianTorrents, TehConnection, Elektronik, TL, RevTT, x264, Leecherslair, SceneFZ, Torrent Damage, The Vault, The Horror Charnel, UG, BitHQ, HD-bits.ro, Libble, Wunza, FunFile, STMusic, SuperTorrents, Filemp3, Demonoid, and plenty more I'm sure (:

Comment

So sad! I called this place home for many years. Thanks for everything Dave! Times have changed and it is time to move on.

Comment

Great to hear back from everyone.

Ah yes changing times indeed will be sad to shut this old girl down. Might see if I can find a way to cheaply keep TI around.
                  PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    Great to hear back from everyone.

Ah yes changing times indeed will be sad to shut this old girl down. Might see if I can find a way to cheaply keep TI around.
                    Dave tbh Torrenting has a whole is dying tbh :). 2.5 Years back BTN and HDB were dead lol when it came to IRC and forum activity :). Just take a backup and be in touch with some Admin of staffer's here. You never know.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think that since the old members are no longer interested in bringing this back under their wings you should start all over again. Delete the old posts, remove unneeded categories and start fresh. Only keep the "must-have" categories and threads and let the new people create new content. Then accordingly open new threads categories user classes and so forth.

Comment

All of us could see that coming. But it makes me really sad watching it happening.

I should write many lines and paragraphs about this place and the friends I made, the happy times, the enjoyment, the atmosphere, the vibes, the tutorials, the helpful community... as other mentioned even though I got burned too and banned I can not resist to visit the forum and once in a while post here and there just for the nostalgia.

For most of us who started here and the least thing we used T-I was for taking invites and made our first baby steps on BT but instead enjoyed and was part of the community, it feels like home. But time changes. I won't bring the BTN and PTP issues when communities divided. Nowadays as Raum said BT isn't what is used to be, not as active and the new people doesn't bring the excitement and energy older member brought when they got into BT.

Also T-I is blacklisted from many (most) trackers. The truth is it won't drive anywhere if you continue the site while the guys who want to help newbies put their accounts and invite tree in big risk. Even though we know before 2010 era things used to be very very different, even though T-I helped the some of the biggest players on BT to be and grow to the level they had today, time changed. I can't blame them nowadays that they won't let invites appeared here. Some don't even let you post here (I find this... really wrong but anyway).

If it could be a better forum without giveaways is a different topic, but then it will be different forum and it will need a diff title, and even the other big and old forum like Th.Pirate.Society has activity problems while it has a completely different community standards. So, I would vote for no. If it gonna be down, at least let it go down with as much pride it currently has after the last year.

A huge thanks to every active member here for making T-I what it used to be. In the Gold Era of BT this place was the most enjoyable forum of every other one. Some of the best members existed on most places used to hang around here and enjoy the forum. Members full of energy, members that learnt the basics from here, members that then became staffers and a few became even sysop. T-I brought and helped the BT community a lot in general. If things hadn't turn this way back then... who knows... a big if...

I don't know where to start and what to save before it go down, if I'll be able to say goodbye to some members I want
                        Thank you so much for everything T-I and the ones who made it possible. Thank you Dave.

----> A sparkle of T-I!

Comment

Wow just got back from vacation to this. I do not know what to say about this decision [MENTION=1]Dave[/MENTION] you should reach out to me and have talked about this earlier. I love all you guys and have had a blast being a part of this Forum, if this is it I will keep irc up for as long as possible and we can all chat there
                          only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

I mean its not 100 % final to shut it down but something needs to be done about the cost as we are much smaller now I am thinking of another solution. If that pans out I wouldn't mind footing the bill.
                            PM me at your own peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
                              Wow just got back from vacation to this. I do not know what to say about this decision @Dave you should reach out to me and have talked about this earlier. I love all you guys and have had a blast being a part of this Forum, if this is it I will keep irc up for as long as possible and we can all chat there

SB :) Haha I am sad today :(. But hey I stuck to T-I till the end ;). I remember the first we spoke 6 years back :) haha. It was so cool. Ech, splendid and Subhkar spamming the irc.
                              A_J spamming with me. Ours was the last batch ^_^ where we had fun.

Me asking you about HDB FTN FSC and what not lol :)

I go back to 2012 lol :).

T-I's activity is still unmatched till now :(.

Omg :).

Btw I will help you keep the irc online untill you want

Thanks SB for your help :).
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X