Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice that SIRs to be taken by all T-I staff from junior staff or moderator to administrators(a dev ca resolve the needed rights for all staff to have access to the needed features) similar like T-I gatekeepers take intros - we are a couple of guys and every one takes as many intros as he can. It's not fair only TG to resolve SIRs, it's a huge job and it requires more man power.

Comment

Originally posted by zbat View Post
      My advice that SIRs to be taken by all T-I staff from junior staff or moderator to administrators.
      Again only Sr.Staff has ip access to do SIRs and that is not going to change, the issue at hand is the editing of the table that is preventing anyone outside of an Administrator to complete SIRs it is not the man power persay
      only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

I only read half the posts here before voting and adding in my opinion but the logic that it takes too long is ridiculous. It can take more than 2 months at times to build a good ration at a decent tracker and you're worried about junior members getting into a forum where you can give away those precious invites to people that aren't patient enough to wait a few days, weeks to get accepted into an elite community? Why flood the forums with people that don't have the patience or accounts to pass the registration then waste members and staffs time by not reading the rules regarding giveaways/requests and flooding the forum with trolls. Don't forget once a member is in they can by pass many of the hard earned goals of dedicated members just by throwing a bit of money at one forum site and having access to many others. But hey im just some guy on the internet lol WTF do I know!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
          Again only Sr.Staff has ip access to do SIRs and that is not going to change, the issue at hand is the editing of the table that is preventing anyone outside of an Administrator to complete SIRs it is not the man power persay
          just parse it every hour to a static table not that much work
          but even if you wouldn't it's worth the wait :D
          We want intros back

Stuck with getting that server turned into a seedbox ? Let a pro do it for
          FREE
          FreeSeedboxInstallService
          My Invite Threads
          ~~ Come and Visit us on IRC and have access to this wealth of commands ~~

Comment

i'm not even sure what SIR is... but as a recent member, i dont had feelings thats things are slow or anything, quite the opposite.
            like it is, i feel safe to be on T-I, the community is involved, friendly, and when you have an answer its not only 2 words throw at your face
            ppl here know that this community is nice, and if someone is just too hurry to wait a really decent time for something, then... perhaps he should learn to be less hurry or found another place (that wont be better :D)

...hope i'm not totaly out of subject ^^

Comment

FWIW, as a rank and file no0bs here, my thoughts are first that any forum ops handled by senior level volunteer(s) where one feels over worked or there's a bottle-neck, that needs immediate attention.

Second, is it possible to review the SIRS criteria with the idea of streamlining the process by cutting the requirements triggering a review to only those critically necessary?

Finally, in my case I had already looked at a few sites and decided TI was the best fit for me, so would have waited a few days, a week, if necessary anyways, (but not a month).
              The_Newbie was on his game that day, so it didn't take long at all to get approved. But there is something to be said for a certain level of exclusivity, tho it can be a tricky balance.

Besides, I heard on the net there was free booze and hookers too, but come to find it's only in the VIP section, >sigh<

Comment

Originally posted by ibebo View Post
                FWIW, as a rank and file no0bs here, my thoughts are first that any forum ops handled by senior level volunteer(s) where one feels over worked or there's a bottle-neck, that needs immediate attention.

Second, is it possible to review the SIRS criteria with the idea of streamlining the process by cutting the requirements triggering a review to only those critically necessary?

Finally, in my case I had already looked at a few sites and decided TI was the best fit for me, so would have waited a few days, a week, if necessary anyways, (but not a month).
                The_Newbie was on his game that day, so it didn't take long at all to get approved. But there is something to be said for a certain level of exclusivity, tho it can be a tricky balance.

Besides, I heard on the net there was free booze and hookers too, but come to find it's only in the VIP section, >sigh<

SIRs aren't always triggered and it seems that you were just repped in by the_newbie
                We want intros back

Stuck with getting that server turned into a seedbox ? Let a pro do it for
                FREE
                FreeSeedboxInstallService
                My Invite Threads
                ~~ Come and Visit us on IRC and have access to this wealth of commands ~~

Comment

No, feels less secure for all of us.

Comment

How about delegating the SIR checks to the most trusted super mod(s)?? Or implementing new methods that make the SIR process more efficient in reference to what duketom mentioned below? I vote to keep the SIR checks but something has to change to make the process faster and efficient for everyone.

Originally posted by duketom View Post
                    just parse it every hour to a static table not that much work
                    but even if you wouldn't it's worth the wait :D
                    Last edited by Proleteriat; May 14, 2015, 01:29 AM.

Comment

I vote keep it. The only thing removing it accomplishes is making it easier for bad people to get past the gate. I feel more "secure" with it. That being said I understand if it's causing the admins extra work.

I'd offer an alternative solution, but I don't know enough about the community as I'm relatively new here.

That's my two cents.
                      Last edited by shazalak; May 14, 2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X