X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so this is what i get...Which one is the install comand for older os? did i miss something?

[email protected]:~$ sudo bash rtsetup deb7ubu12
    Installing git
    Installing rtinst deb7ubu12
    Installation complete

You can now run rtinst and the additional supporting scripts
    [email protected]:~$ sudo rtsetup release
    Note: checking out 'v1.4'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
    changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
    state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
    do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at 939f7c4... Update rtadmin
    [email protected]:~$ sudo rtinst
    Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
    Only Ubuntu release 14 and later, and Debian and Raspbian release 8 and later, are supported
    Your system does not appear to be supported
    Check Installing on Older OS * arakasi72/rtinst Wiki * GitHub to see if it is supported by an earlier rtinst release
    [email protected]:~$ -d --dload
    -d: command not found
    [email protected]:~$ sudo rtsetup
    Already using the latest version, rtinst v1.4
    Do you wish to reinstall rtinst y/n? y
    Installing rtinst v1.4
    Installation complete

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
    Only Ubuntu release 14 and later, and Debian and Raspbian release 8 and later, are supported
    Check Installing on Older OS * arakasi72/rtinst Wiki * GitHub to see if it is supported by an earlier rtinst release

Comment

• Originally posted by remus28 View Post
      so this is what i get...Which one is the install comand for older os? did i miss something?

[email protected]:~$ sudo bash rtsetup deb7ubu12
      Installing git
      Installing rtinst deb7ubu12
      Installation complete

[email protected]:~$ sudo rtsetup release
      Note: checking out 'v1.4'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
      changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
      state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
      do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at 939f7c4... Update rtadmin
      Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
      [email protected]:~$ -d --dload
      -d: command not found
      [email protected]:~$ sudo rtsetup
      Already using the latest version, rtinst v1.4
      Do you wish to reinstall rtinst y/n? y
      Installing rtinst v1.4
      Installation complete

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
      After installing rtinst deb7ubu12 run rtinst.

When you run the rtsetup command for the 2nd time with the argument 'release' it installs the latest version of rtinst, which does not support ubu12.

So you need to run 2 commands only:
      Code:
      sudo rtsetup deb7ubu12
      sudo rtinst

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• Its working great, thanks.
        Last edited by r0ckey169; September 11, 2017, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• I installed script and it went all good and now I have running seedbox. I've few question.

Can I update my FTP port now? If yes, how?
          Edit /etc/vsftpd.conf, find listen_port and change for yours, then restart vsftp service vsftpd restart
          I want to increase rtorrent port range, how do i do that?
          Thanks.
          if you want do it just for current user edit /home/user_name/.rtorrent.rc find network.port_range.set and change them then use rt restart. Same change you can do in webui but if you restart yours rutorrent then all change will be changed for default. If you want get that changes for everyone user you have to edit /etc/rtinst/conf/rtorrent.rc
          Last edited by segos; September 11, 2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• hi,
            no, you can choose the nick/username you want. Root has to be ssh-access-disactivated, better

Comment

• Plex installation

Hi,

First time trying your guide and all installed perfectly! thank you.

I was wondering if you would be able to guide me for installation for Plex.

Thanks,

Comment

• After following the directions exactly to install the script on a brand new server, I can log into the ruTorrent web interface just fine. When I add a torrent, it says it was added successfully, but nothing ever appears in the list of torrents at the top of the window. From what I can tell with my limited knowledge of Linux, it appears no files are being created.

This is on a Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit machine. It's a KVM machine on FranTech/BuyVM.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by lionwilsonVI View Post
                  After following the directions exactly to install the script on a brand new server, I can log into the ruTorrent web interface just fine. When I add a torrent, it says it was added successfully, but nothing ever appears in the list of torrents at the top of the window. From what I can tell with my limited knowledge of Linux, it appears no files are being created.

This is on a Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit machine. It's a KVM machine on FranTech/BuyVM.

Any ideas?
                  Do you have write access to your configured download directory?

Comment

• Originally posted by epicdavid View Post
                    Do you have write access to your configured download directory?
                    I figured out my issue, and it was incredibly dumb... the torrent files I was using for testing seemed to be corrupted or something. They did not work on any installation of rTorrent/ruTorrent I tried through all sorts of methods. So it wasn't the fault of rtinst at all. Once I figured out the issue I blew out my installation and started over from scratch with rtinst again and now everything is working like a dream.

Thanks for this awesome script, Arakasi!

Comment

• Originally posted by lionwilsonVI View Post
                      I figured out my issue, and it was incredibly dumb... the torrent files I was using for testing seemed to be corrupted or something. They did not work on any installation of rTorrent/ruTorrent I tried through all sorts of methods. So it wasn't the fault of rtinst at all. Once I figured out the issue I blew out my installation and started over from scratch with rtinst again and now everything is working like a dream.

Thanks for this awesome script, Arakasi!
                      My favourite issues, are the ones you resolve yourself :D

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Comment

• script

thanks for the script worked great apart from 1 error that i get "Unpack plugin: rTorrent user can't access 'unrar' program"

Comment

• Hello,

Arakasi have you got idea why filemanager plugin it is not working with rutorrent from your gui? I tired everything but it still not working and best question ity is not defining error "[05.11.2017 10:21:19] FILE MANAGER ignited
                          [05.11.2017 10:21:28] FILE MANAGER: Action has finished :"

Comment

• How to use other hdd (vdb) as download directory ?

Comment

• Originally posted by segos View Post
                              Hello,

Arakasi have you got idea why filemanager plugin it is not working with rutorrent from your gui? I tired everything but it still not working and best question ity is not defining error "[05.11.2017 10:21:19] FILE MANAGER ignited
                              [05.11.2017 10:21:28] FILE MANAGER: Action has finished :"
                              Sorry do not use this plugin so no idea.

Originally posted by sequelae View Post
                              How to use other hdd (vdb) as download directory ?
                              You will need to mount it, and then just point to it in the .rtorrent.rc file. Search on google for how to mount volumes in unix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
                                Sorry do not use this plugin so no idea.

You will need to mount it, and then just point to it in the .rtorrent.rc file. Search on google for how to mount volumes in unix.
                                Success Now....

Then How to setting Transdroid App ?
                                I'm installing rtorrent using automatic script
                                Thank you
                                Last edited by sequelae; November 7, 2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X