This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
    Script now works with debian 9, stretch. Tested on Release Candidate 5.
    Worked for me upgrading Debian 8 to 9. Didn't break anything from your script. Shocked the heck out of me.

Comment

• I tried adding a new user, but failed here:

sudo wget --no-check-certificate -O autodl-irssi.zip http://update.autodl-community.com/a...-community.zip
      --2017-06-18 06:18:32-- http://update.autodl-community.com/a...-community.zip
      Resolving update.autodl-community.com (update.autodl-community.com)... failed: Name or service not known.
      wget: unable to resolve host address ‘update.autodl-community.com’

Please advise, this is urgently needed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mancino View Post
        I tried adding a new user, but failed here:

Please advise, this is urgently needed?
        Updated the guide to correct this. To download autodl-irssi should be:

Code:
        curl -sL http://git.io/vlcND | grep -Po '(?<="browser_download_url": ")(.*-v[\d.]+.zip)' | xargs wget --quiet -O autodl-irssi.zip

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• Have tested script on the actual Debian 9 Stretch release, and all working as intended.

I will no longer be supporting Ubuntu 12 and Debian 7. The script still works with both these linux releases, but I will no longer be testing on these platforms, nor will I work on fixing any issues specific to these platforms.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Comment

• Made some changes to how the script is installed and updated.

Essentially make use of git.

Still very simple to install and if you want to get up to date do the following to install rtinst:
            Code:
            wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arakasi72/rtinst/master/rtsetup
            sudo bash rtsetup
            and then to run the main script:
            Code:
            sudo rtinst

Comment

• Arakasl,

Thanks again for your work. I have used your script on for a few years and everything is running perfectly. I have a question that I thought you might be able to answer or possibly guide me towards an answer.

I moved to a new computer and cannot access my rutorrent or my sftp on the new computer. Everything works perfectly on my old one, but something is stopping my from logging in on the new one using the exact same info. The two clients I use are MacOS Chrome (for Rutorrent) and MacOS Cyberduck for the SFTP (SSH)

I imagine it is something simple and it seems like it would be on my OS, but I am far from being a wizard and have come huimbly asking for help.

Thanks for any insights into this.

MMM

Comment

• SSH Private Key

is it possible this has to do with a private key?

Originally posted by musiconmymind View Post
                Arakasl,

Thanks again for your work. I have used your script on for a few years and everything is running perfectly. I have a question that I thought you might be able to answer or possibly guide me towards an answer.

I moved to a new computer and cannot access my rutorrent or my sftp on the new computer. Everything works perfectly on my old one, but something is stopping my from logging in on the new one using the exact same info. The two clients I use are MacOS Chrome (for Rutorrent) and MacOS Cyberduck for the SFTP (SSH)

I imagine it is something simple and it seems like it would be on my OS, but I am far from being a wizard and have come huimbly asking for help.

MMM

Comment

• Originally posted by musiconmymind View Post
                  Arakasl,

MMM
                  First check your firewall, turn it off, can you now access your server, if so turn it back on, and then see how to configure it to allow the connections you wish to make.

Secondly check cyberduck client settings are correct, yesterday I downloaded cyberduck to check there were no issues with it, such a pretty app, I might keep it :) filezilla looks even more ugly after playing around with cyberduck.

So make sure that you are using the ssh port, NOT the ftp port, as this is ftp over an ssh connection. Also make sure that you are using your unix user name and password, which may be different to your rutorrent password.

Check if cyberduck on your old computer was using a key, if so the SSH Private Key field will be populated, if not it will be blank/

If you still have access to your old computer and can ssh into your server, open the ssh config file:
                  Code:
                  sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
                  and check the following 2 entries are as follows (if PasswordAuthentication is commented out that is fine, as long as it is not set to no):
                  Code:
                  PasswordAuthentication yes
                  UsePAM yes
                  This will allow you to sign in without the use of keys.

For accessing RuTorrent is it an issue with your certificate. Check out this page on my wiki, regarding ssl certificates: SSL Certificates * arakasi72/rtinst Wiki * GitHub

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Comment

• for Cyberduck I copied a bookmark from the old computer and imported it into Cyberduck in the new computer and it worked? The setting are exactly the same, so there much be something under the hood that I dont know about, but I can log in.

For Chrome it seems a bit different. When I go to my rutorrent address, the login is shown, but when I put in creds it just bounces, no activity, just goes right back to an empty login pane.

So I tried to create a new cert following your wonderful guide. First I tried using the rtsslcert but go this response:

Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.11 i686)

* Documentation: Official Ubuntu Documentation
                    Last login: Thu Jan 21 19:54:35 2016 from 104.175.198.233
                    [email protected]:~$ sudo rtsslcert
                    [sudo] password for luke:
                    sudo: rtsslcert: command not found

then I did the manual creation and it all seemed to work, but I still cannot get past the login window in chrome, here is the rest of the termainal output:

[email protected]:~$ ls /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf
                    ls: cannot access /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf: No such file or directory
                    [email protected]:~$ sudo cp /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf
                    [email protected]:~$ sudo nano /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf

(I copy and pasted the first one with 123.123.123.123 by mistake.

[email protected]:~$ sudo openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -subj /CN=123.123.123.123 -config /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/ruweb.key -out /etc/ssl/ruweb.crt
                    Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
                    .....................................+++
                    ..+++

writing new private key to '/etc/ssl/private/ruweb.key'
                    -----
                    [email protected]:~$
                    [email protected]:~$ sudo openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -subj /CN=168.235.78.XXX -config /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/ruweb.key -out /etc/ssl/ruweb.crt
                    ...+++
                    ......+++
                    -----

I imagine it is a simple fix at this point, but would need a bit more guidance from you if possible. I havnt updated the site in awhile if that matter, but it is running smoothly, so I figured why would I.

Thanks

-MMM

Comment

for Cyberduck I copied a bookmark from the old computer and imported it into Cyberduck in the new computer and it worked? The setting are exactly the same, so there much be something under the hood that I dont know about, but I can log in.

For Chrome it seems a bit different. When I go to my rutorrent address, the login is shown, but when I put in creds it just bounces, no activity, just goes right back to an empty login pane.

So I tried to create a new cert following your wonderful guide. First I tried using the rtsslcert but go this response:

Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.11 i686)

* Documentation: Official Ubuntu Documentation
                      Last login: Thu Jan 21 19:54:35 2016 from 104.175.198.233
                      [email protected]:~$ sudo rtsslcert
                      [sudo] password for luke:
                      sudo: rtsslcert: command not found

then I did the manual creation and it all seemed to work, but I still cannot get past the login window in chrome, here is the rest of the termainal output:

[email protected]:~$ ls /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf
                      ls: cannot access /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf: No such file or directory
                      [email protected]:~$ sudo cp /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf
                      [email protected]:~$ sudo nano /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf

(I copy and pasted the first one with 123.123.123.123 by mistake.

[email protected]:~$ sudo openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -subj /CN=123.123.123.123 -config /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/ruweb.key -out /etc/ssl/ruweb.crt
                      .....................................+++
                      ..+++

-----
                      [email protected]:~$ sudo openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -subj /CN=168.235.78.XXX -config /etc/ssl/ruweb.cnf -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/ruweb.key -out /etc/ssl/ruweb.crt
                      ...+++
                      ......+++
                      -----

I imagine it is a simple fix at this point, but would need a bit more guidance from you if possible. I havnt updated the site in awhile if that matter, but it is running smoothly, so I figured why would I.

Thanks

-MMM
                      Sure you are using the correct password. Perhaps you have been using a password manager and have forgotten. Remember this is not your unix password, it is soecifically for accessing rutorrent.

To reset your password, logged in as the rtorrent user enter:
                      Code:
                      rtpass
                      Then enter and verify your new password, and try to access rutorrent again.

Comment

• all good, I reset my password and it logged in. thanks so much as usual. Now the question is should I run any updates or just leave as is? Like I said earlier, it is all working fine for me, just dont want to get too out of date as I know that can lead to issues as well.

You are kinda and generous person to help with all of thanks, thanks very much

-MMM

Comment

• SSh Password

Hi
                          I installed on OVH dedicated server
                          working perfect rutorrent
                          But When i try to login ssh on my server
                          give me password error . I am not change my server password
                          Also i ftp same password error .
                          Thanks for help in advance

Comment

all good, I reset my password and it logged in. thanks so much as usual. Now the question is should I run any updates or just leave as is? Like I said earlier, it is all working fine for me, just dont want to get too out of date as I know that can lead to issues as well.

You are kinda and generous person to help with all of thanks, thanks very much

-MMM
                            To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question!

If you are not having any problems, and it is doing what you want it to do, then there is no pressing urgency to upgrade, but it is up to you. You should be able to update without causing any major head aches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
                              To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question!

If you are not having any problems, and it is doing what you want it to do, then there is no pressing urgency to upgrade, but it is up to you. You should be able to update without causing any major head aches.
                              I will keep as is and wait for a headache to arrive.

thanks 3 times

-MMM

Comment

• Hello I have been using your script for months but yesterday I have suddenly encountered this error in RuTorrent "Bad response from server: (500 [error,getplugins]) Internal Server Error". Restarting server or rtorrent does not help. I have ran your script again so it will reinstall rtorrent and that helped but today I got same error. Can you please tell me what may cause that? Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X