X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install plugins

Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
    Made some changes...
    Hi [MENTION=111363]Arakasi[/MENTION], first, thanks for nice work. Would be possible to install filemanager and mktorrent plugins? In special, mktorrent, because I want to see the hashed of pieces in the creating process.

Comment

• @ TI_ID
      For mktorrent, look at this - Link1 or Link2

For FileManager, follow this -

Code:
      $ wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/Artyum1/Filemanager-install-script-for-ruTorrent/raw/master/filemanager.sh

$ chmod +x filemanager.sh

$ ./filemanager.sh
      Or you can visit the official link - FileManager
      Last edited by smallgoat; April 19, 2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TI_ID View Post
        Hi @Arakasi, first, thanks for nice work. Would be possible to install filemanager and mktorrent plugins? In special, mktorrent, because I want to see the hashed of pieces in the creating process.

Yes you can install them. You can install any additional plugins, you wish, just follow the installation instructions provided by the plugin authors.

Any other programs or services you want to install, generally will not cause any issues or conflicts, if they do a google search should reveal any issues.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• Script and guide work for ubuntu 17

I will update the guide, in the meantime for ubu17 just follow the instructions for Ubu16.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Comment

• Worked perfectly, thanks for keeping it updated

Comment

• Updated to use SAN in self signed certificates.

If you recently found your certificates to no longer be working that is due to changes in Chrome.

Fix has been applied, so you can rerun the latest rtinst.sh script or follow the instructions in the new page on the wiki.

More info on change in chrome: Chrome 58 not supporting self signed certificates without SAN (SubjectAltName) : sysadmin
              New wiki page: SSL Certificates * arakasi72/rtinst Wiki * GitHub

Comment

• Improved the certificate generation. Now when the user confirms the IP address this is used to determine the domain name, which is used in generating the certificates, which should now be valid whether you use the IP address or the server domain name, in your browser address bar.

Comment

• Hi, I installed the File Manager Plugin and now I am getting this message in my seedbox. How to solve this issue. I have installed the rar plugin too. But perhaps it is not installed in the correct path. But I am not familiar with ssh terminall and linux commands to solve this problem. The OS is Ubuntu Server 16.04.

FILE MANAGER: rar archive manipulation disabled (application not found)[/FONT][/COLOR]
                  FILE MANAGER: bzip2 archive manipulation disabled (application not found)[/FONT][/COLOR]
                  Unpack plugin: rTorrent user can't access 'unrar' program.

File Manager Installation Code:

wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/Artyum1/Filemanag...filemanager.sh

chmod +x filemanager.sh

./filemanager.sh

RAR Installation Code:

wget -O rarlinux.tar.gz http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-5.4.0.tar.gz
                  tar -xzvf rarlinux.tar.gz
                  rm rarlinux.tar.gz

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I got the solution... [Resolu] FileManager - gzip bzip2 application not found - mondedie.fr
                  Last edited by TI_ID; May 5, 2017, 11:28 PM. Reason: Solved!!!

Comment

• Back here after a long time.

When I run the script, I noticed that it didn't make me to input new user but only for new password. Was there anything change about that?

I can access https rutorrent by using root / "new password", but I can't access VPS (new login port) with default root password or new password. Did I do anything wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by soitre View Post
                      Back here after a long time.

When I run the script, I noticed that it didn't make me to input new user but only for new password. Was there anything change about that?

I can access https rutorrent by using root / "new password", but I can't access VPS (new login port) with default root password or new password. Did I do anything wrong?

The install script changes the sshd config to deny root login.

Comment

• So how I login to VPS again? The script didn't make new user like before.

Comment

• Check your vps control panel through your provider. Most of them will have a console option.

That should allow you to login to and create a new user. or you can change the sshd config to allow root(though I wouldn't recommend this) Section 2.2 of this guide walks you through the new user creation. I would also recommend running the "sudo rtwebmin" command, that will install Webmin, which will give you a nice web page to manager your vps.

Comment

• Originally posted by soitre View Post
                            So how I login to VPS again? The script didn't make new user like before.
                            If you run when logged in as root, it will ask you for a user, new or existing to set-up as the main rtorrent user. It will only ask to set a password for that user, if you are creating a new user. For existing user there will be an existing password.

If you run as a normal (non-root) user, using sudo, then it will use that user as the primary user, and again will not change the existing unix password for that user

You will then be asked to set a rutorrent web interface password for that primary user. This password is for when you log into rutorrent only, it is NOT your unix account password, though there is no restriction in making it match, but I would advise using a distinct password.

For connecting via ssh you need to connect with a non-root user, using the unix account name and password. Once logged in you can switch to root using the su command, or run specific commands as root using sudo.

Comment

• Bad response from server: (500 [error,getplugins]) Internal Server Error

Hi guys, my seedbox were working good (in ovh dedicated server). Now I canīt login in my WebGUI ruTorrent. I already reset the server and did not solved. How to solve this problem?

Edit: The problem were solved installing "mbstring": 500 Error, Get Plugins * Issue #1307 * Novik/ruTorrent * GitHub

Last edited by TI_ID; May 10, 2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Updated the guide, for better ssl certificate generation.

For more info see SSL Certificates * arakasi72/rtinst Wiki * GitHub

Comment

Working...
                                X