Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 14/16 Debian 8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cdmania View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    I just tried to install with the following user name gnhqZO29P1Lg and the script put up a load of errors has it went about installing.

    Not finding directory and user errors.

    Any ideas please.
    You have broken the unix default naming conventions. Easiest way around this as a one off is to create the user manually before running the script in this case:
    Code:
    adduser --gecos "" --force-badname gnhqZO29P1Lg
    the run the script again

    If you want to remove the restrictions more permanently you will need to edit NAME_REGEX in the file /etc/adduser.conf

    You will need to look up online how best to do this

    "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


    Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

    Comment


    • Originally posted by boot View Post
      I ran the script on my vps and rutorrent works perfectly fine. When I tried to host a website using nginx, it doesn't load. I could see that there are some changes in the default file. Should I change values here? Any idea?
      You should not need to change anything. What message do you get when you try to load the page?

      It may be something as simple as permissions.

      "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


      Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
        You should not need to change anything. What message do you get when you try to load the page?

        It may be something as simple as permissions.
        Yeah you are right, I will check. Thank you!
        We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

        Comment


        • Hi. I do have a problem with low download upload speed (server is 1Gbps) on rutorrent max im getting is about 30-40MiB is there any thing I can change to make speeds better ?? thanks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by speedshell View Post
            Hi. I do have a problem with low download upload speed (server is 1Gbps) on rutorrent max im getting is about 30-40MiB is there any thing I can change to make speeds better ?? thanks
            The config I use is a default position which will work for most people, and the speeds you are getting look pretty good, but yes you may be able to improve on them if you optimise your settings.

            Check out this performance tuning guide on the rtorrent project page - Performance Tuning · rakshasa/rtorrent Wiki · GitHub

            "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


            Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
              The config I use is a default position which will work for most people, and the speeds you are getting look pretty good, but yes you may be able to improve on them if you optimise your settings.

              Check out this performance tuning guide on the rtorrent project page - Performance Tuning · rakshasa/rtorrent Wiki · GitHub
              Thanks. I change few settings and download is much quicker :)

              https://image.torrent-invites.com/4Dj

              Comment


              • thanks OP so much for the script
                it says 1 error during installation, but it seems doesn't affect anything so far
                finally got my seedbox running on VPS

                Comment


                • this installation is perfect but all PHP files are DOWNLOADING instead of EXECUTING. and download folder is not working. i mean it doesnt have web access

                  Comment


                  • Hi.

                    I there any chance to set up bandwidth limit for rutorrent ??

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by w00b View Post
                      this installation is perfect but all PHP files are DOWNLOADING instead of EXECUTING. and download folder is not working. i mean it doesnt have web access
                      Sure that your php files are executable, and that the permissions are set right?



                      Originally posted by speedshell View Post
                      Hi.

                      I there any chance to set up bandwidth limit for rutorrent ??
                      You can limit bandwidth in rtorrent, check out the config guide for more detail - Performance Tuning · rakshasa/rtorrent Wiki · GitHub

                      "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


                      Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

                      Comment


                      • hi,
                        new install and again, very nice script.

                        one thing i recently saw, a difference between previous versions and this one:

                        rtorrent/download

                        instead

                        rtorrent/donwloads

                        :)

                        in .rtorrent.rc file
                        directory.default.set = (cat,(cfg.basedir),"download")

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mygboss View Post
                          hi,
                          new install and again, very nice script.

                          one thing i recently saw, a difference between previous versions and this one:

                          rtorrent/download

                          instead

                          rtorrent/donwloads

                          :)

                          in .rtorrent.rc file
                          Yes a minor change. I have set up a change log in the wiki now, so in the future changes like this should be logged there.

                          "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


                          Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

                          Comment


                          • Thank you [MENTION=111363]Arakasi[/MENTION], ah yes. changelog i 've just seen that, the log and the new template based on rakhasa config-template.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mygboss View Post
                              Thank you @Arakasi, ah yes. changelog i 've just seen that, the log and the new template based on rakhasa config-template.
                              Actually this is when the change was made, using the new template I adjusted my script to match, and should have noted that in the change log. I will update the change log to include.

                              Thanks

                              "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


                              Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

                              Comment


                              • Made some changes to the step by step guide:
                                1. Removed Ubuntu 12 and Debian 7. You can still use the script for these older OS versions but the step by step guide now only supports Ubuntu 14, 16, and Debian 8.

                                2. Removed optional apache2 config from step by step guide.

                                Reasons for removing support for these items in the step by step guide is firstly to simplify the guide a little making it easier to follow, and also as I am no longer willing to test with older OS versions and apache2, I can't provide support for any problems that might arise.

                                "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


                                Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X