X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
    run as root directly or using sudo

openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -subj /CN=<SERVERIP> -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/vsftpd.pem -out /etc/ssl/private/vsftpd.pem

replace <SERVERIP> with your actual IP, this one will not expire for 10 years
    Thanks, worked great, new certificate is valid until 2026

Comment

• Problem with _getdir

Thx for a great script! And excuse my bad english.

I have been running rtorrent/rutorrent on a Ubuntu server 16.04 installed from your script and it worked great.
      Now i had to change server and I have reinstallaed Ubuntu server 16.04 and rtorrent/rutorrent with your script and everything works except i canīt change directorys.

I would like to browse my /media and I set the permissions to "chown -R root:WWW-Data" and "chmod -R 777 /media"
      The user running are in the group www-data and i also have tried setting the account as owner but still i canīt browse the folders.

I cant browse any folder from the _getdir plugin and i can only save torrents to my standard folder /home/username/rutorren/download

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Thx in advance!

Comment

• Hello, i used your manual tutorial for installing everything on my home seedbox running ubuntu 16.04.
        Everything is working fine for now but i have problem with rtorrent not running after server restart. After i restart my server and going to rutorrent via my browser it says "Torrent list not yet available, connection to rtorrent not established". When trying to run ssh rtorrent command manually as user i get message "rtorrent: Could not lock session directory: "/home/strojek/rtorrent/.session/", held by "ubuntu:+1997", and when i type screen -d -m -S rtorrent rtorrent nothing happens.
        But when i run sudo screen -d -m -S rtorrent rtorrent i get rtorrent running and rutorrent displaying everyting normaly.
        I double checked and got everything right in section 9 starting rtorrent on boot. i even tried editing crontab-e with root. Again i can get in to run auto when i restart my server.
        Thanks for any help in advance.

Comment

• [MENTION=111363]Arakasi[/MENTION] thanks for your tutorial and your script! Is there by any chance a way to use your script but skip the FTP server installation?

Comment

• Has anyone had a go at installing nextcloud on top of this script? Any pointers or pitfalls i should be aware of.
            Great script by the way Arakasi

Comment

• [MENTION=111363]Arakasi[/MENTION], I've been running a box with your script installed for probably around 8-10 months. What would be the best way for me to go about updating everything? Should I just re run the script?

Comment

• Originally posted by cdmania View Post
                Has anyone had a go at installing nextcloud on top of this script? Any pointers or pitfalls i should be aware of.
                Great script by the way Arakasi

I didn't install nextcloud, but I installed OwnCloud which I think is almost the EXACT same codebase. Anyways, the only problems that I ran into was figuring out how to configure the nginx config file to allow rutorrent and owncloud. I finally got it figured out, so if I can share my findings with you, please let me know. I have them both working properly now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Droid811 View Post
                  I didn't install nextcloud, but I installed OwnCloud which I think is almost the EXACT same codebase. Anyways, the only problems that I ran into was figuring out how to configure the nginx config file to allow rutorrent and owncloud. I finally got it figured out, so if I can share my findings with you, please let me know. I have them both working properly now.
                  Hi Droid811, Thanks for the reply. I will be starting with a clean install again this holiday. so any help getting it to work would be appreciated.
                  It's a steep learning curve when you only been using windows all these years. was thinking of following Arakasi's script manually and using Apache.
                  Would leaving it as Nginx be easier? Then adding Nextcloud/Owncloud.
                  it's the only way to learn. having a play.

Thanks CD

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheSnake View Post
                    Thx for a great script! And excuse my bad english.

I have been running rtorrent/rutorrent on a Ubuntu server 16.04 installed from your script and it worked great.
                    Now i had to change server and I have reinstallaed Ubuntu server 16.04 and rtorrent/rutorrent with your script and everything works except i canīt change directorys.

I would like to browse my /media and I set the permissions to "chown -R root:WWW-Data" and "chmod -R 777 /media"
                    The user running are in the group www-data and i also have tried setting the account as owner but still i canīt browse the folders.

I cant browse any folder from the _getdir plugin and i can only save torrents to my standard folder /home/username/rutorren/download

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Thx in advance!
                    Users are locked into this directory subtree, which often useful to stop users wandering off to areas they shouldn't. If you wish to change it you need to change the variable '$topDirectory' in the file /var/www/rutorrent/conf/users/<username>/config.php Change it to '/' to give total access.

Originally posted by strojek View Post
                    Hello, i used your manual tutorial for installing everything on my home seedbox running ubuntu 16.04.
                    Everything is working fine for now but i have problem with rtorrent not running after server restart. After i restart my server and going to rutorrent via my browser it says "Torrent list not yet available, connection to rtorrent not established". When trying to run ssh rtorrent command manually as user i get message "rtorrent: Could not lock session directory: "/home/strojek/rtorrent/.session/", held by "ubuntu:+1997", and when i type screen -d -m -S rtorrent rtorrent nothing happens.
                    But when i run sudo screen -d -m -S rtorrent rtorrent i get rtorrent running and rutorrent displaying everyting normaly.
                    I double checked and got everything right in section 9 starting rtorrent on boot. i even tried editing crontab-e with root. Again i can get in to run auto when i restart my server.
                    Thanks for any help in advance.

rtorrent should be run by the user, not by root, and you need to access that users crontab

Use the rt command to start rtorrent check the following link for more info on this - Guide · arakasi72/rtinst Wiki · GitHub

Originally posted by Adr3n4lin3 View Post
                    @Arakasi thanks for your tutorial and your script! Is there by any chance a way to use your script but skip the FTP server installation?
                    No there isn't but if you want to remove it just use the command 'sudo apt-get remove vsftpd'

Originally posted by Droid811 View Post
                    @Arakasi, I've been running a box with your script installed for probably around 8-10 months. What would be the best way for me to go about updating everything? Should I just re run the script?
                    Check this guide here - Guide · arakasi72/rtinst Wiki · GitHub

Update the scripts then use the scripts to update rtorrent/libtorrent and/or rutorrent.

If you are updating the OS then you may need to run the main script again, just be aware that you will lose config change to .rtorrent.rc and nginx. You should not lose any torrent files or data, or autodl configuration, though when upgrading your OS I would back up anything you want to keep, if possible just in case.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• Originally posted by cdmania View Post
                      Hi Droid811, Thanks for the reply. I will be starting with a clean install again this holiday. so any help getting it to work would be appreciated.
                      It's a steep learning curve when you only been using windows all these years. was thinking of following Arakasi's script manually and using Apache.
                      Would leaving it as Nginx be easier? Then adding Nextcloud/Owncloud.
                      it's the only way to learn. having a play.

Thanks CD
                      I'm not sure if switching to Apache would be any easier? For me, I don't use Apache much, and I'm not exactly sure how to configure everything for OwnCloud/NextCloud. I do however have a working config for rutorrent and owncloud to be run from the same web server. Shoot me a PM with your email address, and I will email you the config. Also, if you have any questions, I tend to get to my email much more than I come here for whatever reason.

Comment

• Hi Droid811

Unfortunately i cannot use the PM system here yet. i need to increase my post count.
                        Any chance you can PM me and then i can contact you.
                        Sorry to mess you about.

CD

Comment

• Originally posted by Droid811 View Post
                          I'm not sure if switching to Apache would be any easier? For me, I don't use Apache much, and I'm not exactly sure how to configure everything for OwnCloud/NextCloud. I do however have a working config for rutorrent and owncloud to be run from the same web server. Shoot me a PM with your email address, and I will email you the config. Also, if you have any questions, I tend to get to my email much more than I come here for whatever reason.
                          Can you post the config here, might be useful to others as well.

Thanks

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Comment

Can you post the config here, might be useful to others as well.

Thanks
                            Sure. I don't mind. I'll try to post it here in a few minutes.

Comment

• Made a couple of changes. xmlrpc was failing to compile after a code update, so I have switched from the stable to super stable version, which is working.

Also made some changes to the nginx site file so that if you access rutorrent over a private network, i.e a VPN or LAN, using http it will not redirect you to https. You can still use https if you want but it will no longer be forced while using a private network.

I have activated the wiki on the github site. At the moment it just contains the script install guide, but I will be adding useful pages over time. If you have any suggestions of relevant material to add feel free to make them.

Comment

Made a couple of changes. xmlrpc was failing to compile after a code update, so I have switched from the stable to super stable version, which is working.
                                I was getting ready to make a post on this issue, tried 3 different installs and all 3 failed for xmlrpc. Thanks for all your work.

Comment

Working...
                                X