X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=mickc1306;2185942]
    Originally posted by 1234user View Post
    Code:
    Torrent list not yet available, connection to rTorrent not established.
    No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
    I had the same issue after install on Ubuntu 16.04, the following fixes the error but it returns upon reboot

Code:
    [COLOR=#CCCCCC][I]screen -fa -d -m rtorrent[/I][/COLOR]
    I'm still searching for a permanent solution
    Did you try the solution I posted at the top of my post? It fixed the issue for me persistently and the web interface works fine now, even after restarting.

tl;dr there was a spacing error in my default ~/.rtorrents.rc. Fix it by changing "network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set=0" to "network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set= 0"

Comment

• Webpage

Hi!

The script works perfectly on my ubuntu 16.04!

However, I am trying to host a wordpress site and i suppose your inherent security features prevents me from accessing /var/www files via my web browser. Could anybody please help me with this?

In advance, thanks!!

Comment

• Hi,

I have run the script twice (because I couldn't access rutorrnent after the first try) on my lubuntu 16.04 and it does not seem that rutorrent is running (192.168.0.6/rutorrent) in my case. is there a way I can check if it is running? or do you have any pointers to see what has gone wrong? I did not see any errors at the end when it asked me to reboot.

Many Thanks

Comment

• @ Arakasi
          I have a request to make. Is it possible to include these two plug-ins for rutorrent - a) File Manager, b) Log-out. The File Manager plugin has actually become essential.

Comment

• deleted
            Last edited by Boreas; October 4, 2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatevergoogle View Post
              I used the php7 packages from ppa:ondrej/php and geoip of rutorrent works.
              Can you please add instructions how to do that?
              Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by LedeniCaj View Post
                Can you please add instructions how to do that?
                Thanks
                Add the ppa:

Code:
                sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
                Update and Upgrade
                Code:
                sudo apt-get update
                Code:
                sudo apt-get upgrade
                Install the geoip if it wasn't installed

Code:
                sudo apt-get install php-geoip
                This works for my machine running on Ubuntu 16.04 and PHP7.

Comment

• Couple Issues

I ran the script and successfully installed everything on Ubuntu 14.04. I have a couple issues:

1) I cannot seem to get the rutorrent plugins to work

2) I enabled the https download option, but cannot seem to get it to function properly either. When I enter the URL i get a '404 not found' error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Comment

• Thanks for the guide and auto-script.
                    I actually installed using the auto-script.
                    However, using this config, I can't seem to access rutorrent remotely.
                    Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by smallgoat View Post
                      @ Arakasi
                      I have a request to make. Is it possible to include these two plug-ins for rutorrent - a) File Manager, b) Log-out. The File Manager plugin has actually become essential.
                      I won't be including in the script, but you can install them yourself.

Originally posted by sazdm45 View Post
                      I ran the script and successfully installed everything on Ubuntu 14.04. I have a couple issues:

1) I cannot seem to get the rutorrent plugins to work

2) I enabled the https download option, but cannot seem to get it to function properly either. When I enter the URL i get a '404 not found' error

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
                      Not sure without further information. May be your permissions. You can try running the script again and see if that fixes it.

Originally posted by dannymichel View Post
                      Thanks for the guide and auto-script.
                      I actually installed using the auto-script.
                      However, using this config, I can't seem to access rutorrent remotely.
                      Any ideas?
                      If you have it installed on a server on your own LAN you will need to forward the ports on your router to the server on your LAN where it is installed. Do a google search and you will find plenty of guides online that will explain how to do this. If you do not have a static ip from your broadband provider, (most people don't), you will also need to use a dynamic dns service. There are plenty of free options available, again do a google search to learn more.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• Thanks for the response. Yes, ive port forwarded 80 and 5000 to the correct internal IP address and have done a ufw allow 80 and 5000, but still unreachable.
                        I do have a static IP
                        Are there tests i can run or a log i can show you?

Comment

• lmao, i didnt port forward 443
                          fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
                            Not sure without further information. May be your permissions. You can try running the script again and see if that fixes it..
                            I have tried running the script multiple times, is there something I have to do after I run the script to enable the https download?

Comment

• Originally posted by sazdm45 View Post
                              I have tried running the script multiple times, is there something I have to do after I run the script to enable the https download?
                              use the command

'sudo rtdload'

access at https://<serverip>/download/<username>

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• How do I start and stop rtorrent with the auto setup?
                                It didnt install rtorrent as a service as far as I can see. sudo service rtorrent stop doesnt do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X