X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried the manual install in Ubuntu 1604 and doesn't work as well.

Comment

• Ubuntu 16.04lts manual install not working, rtorrent working , rutorrent not working

Comment

• Originally posted by Ammit View Post
        Just tried the manual install in Ubuntu 1604 and doesn't work as well.
        Ok try the following commands to edit the php config file and then restart php, and see if that does the trick.
        Code:
        sudo sed -i '/^;\?listen.owner/ c\listen.owner = www-data' /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
        sudo sed -i '/^;\?listen.group/ c\listen.group = www-data' /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
        sudo sed -i '/^;\?listen.mode/ c\listen.mode = 0660' /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
        sudo service php7.0-fpm restart
        Let me know if that fixes the problem.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• geoip isn't working with the script on ubuntu 16.04
          module name is php-geoip and not php7-geoip (script loads phpver-geoip, which doesn't exist for 16.04)

Comment

• Originally posted by abuser View Post
            geoip isn't working with the script on ubuntu 16.04
            module name is php-geoip and not php7-geoip (script loads phpver-geoip, which doesn't exist for 16.04)
            geoip is not currently available on ubu16. This is because geoip has not been ported to php7.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Comment

• Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
              geoip is not currently available on ubu16. This is because geoip has not been ported to php7.
              I used the php7 packages from ppa:ondrej/php and geoip of rutorrent works.

Comment

• Is the script working 100% with ubuntu server 16.04?

Comment

• Originally posted by nocca View Post
                  Is the script working 100% with ubuntu server 16.04?
                  yes

Comment

• Installed the script on a Debian 8.5 server successfully =D
                    thanks a dozen Arakasi <3

Comment

• Would you be able to help me get this working with a certain VPS provider if I provide you access to a clean VPS? The script makes SSH inaccessible whether I use -t or not, even when the corresponding endpoints are open.

Comment

• rtorrent can't connect to rutorrent after service restarted and trouble opening ports

ETA: I still have the issue of closed ports, but I think I fixed the first problem (rTorrent not being able to connect to ruTorrent) by fixing the spacing of one line in the default .rtorrent.rc (changing "network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set=0" to "network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set= 0"). I hope this helps someone else!

Thanks for the great, lightweight script, Arakasi!

My experience with linux is very limited, but I used the installation script on Debian 8 jessie and it works great until rtorrent gets restarted. The only changes I made post-installation were to lower the maximum memory usage to 1.5GB (my VPS does not have 4GB of RAM). It doesn't matter whether I use rt stop/start, rt restart, or reboot the VPS, whenever rtorrent is started again after the initial installation, rutorrent cannot connect to it. "ps aux" shows that rtorrent itself is running in Screen and my tracker peer pages show that I'm seeding. It's just that rtorrent can't make seem to re-initiate that connection to rutorrent. I've tried googling for solutions and wonder if there is some issue with the permissions, but I just don't know. Re-running the installation script yields a working rtorrent again, but it's not practical to reinstall your script every time the service or service are restarted.

Code:
                        Torrent list not yet available, connection to rTorrent not established.
                        No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

An unrelated challenge I've had is opening the ports. The server is a KVM VPS. My ports are currently set to 51001-51250, so I'm running the following commands:
                        Code:
                        sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 51001:51250 -j ACCEPT
                        sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --source-port 51001:51250 -j ACCEPT
                        The rules are being applied to iptables, but testing ports on different website port checkers always results in "ports closed".

Code:
                        $ sudo iptables -L INPUT -v
                        Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 78648 packets, 34M bytes)
                         pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
                          552 91686 ACCEPT     tcp  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpts:51001:51250
                        Last edited by 1234user; June 12, 2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Hey man, thanks for the script. Works beautifully except for a few errors. First of all, I'm on ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I started the script and everything went well until i got a php-geoip error, followed by SSH errors (During install)

When the install had finished the SSH port didn't appear, even after a restart.

Please help!

Also, is it possible to access the seedbox from outside a public IP?

For e.g., When you're at work or something and you want to access it, you type in a public ip to access it

Comment

• Originally posted by jwalsh View Post
                            On a test server, I tried upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 from 14.04. rtorrent, and irssi started up, and are running, but I get this now.

https://gyazo.com/b7d17593906543c1d70f8d179f371a0e

I know 16.04 isn't supported by the script natively, but wonder if anyone has ideas. Maybe the scgi connection broken?
                            I too upgraded, going from 15.10 to 16.04, and it broke a few things, which I haven't been able to fix, but which maybe someone can give me some assistance with.

The web interface for ruTorrent gives me the following errors:

[13.06.2016 12:19:34] WebUI started.
                            [13.06.2016 12:19:35] Bad response from server: (502 [error,getplugins]) Bad Gateway
                            [13.06.2016 12:19:35] Bad response from server: (502 [error,getuisettings]) <html> <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->
                            Also if I try to manually start rTorrent from the command line, I get the following

rtorrent: Error in option file: ~/.rtorrent.rc:25: Could not prepare socket for listening: Address already in use
                            I'm pretty new to Linux, but I can follow directions, if anyone can explain to me what's happening and how to fix it, that'd be great.

Comment

• [QUOTE=1234user;2185181]
                              Code:
                              Torrent list not yet available, connection to rTorrent not established.
                              No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.
                              I had the same issue after install on Ubuntu 16.04, the following fixes the error but it returns upon reboot

Code:
                              [COLOR=#CCCCCC][I]screen -fa -d -m rtorrent[/I][/COLOR]
                              I'm still searching for a permanent solution

Comment

• Has anyone else that installed on 16.04 have an issue where "Remove - delete w/ data" doesn't actually delete the files?

Comment

Working...
                                X