Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 14/16 Debian 8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by shivoham View Post
    Hello,

    I have tried to install your script on online.net cloud server with debiab 7.8 and ubuntu 14.0.4 server.. but both installations fails in the middle of the process..it just hang in the middle of the process.

    Can you have a look ( http://labs.online.net/) and help me with the installation?

    Thanks.
    run using the log option -l and check the logfile to see exactly where the problem is occurring.

    "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


    Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

    Comment


    • The installation stops here:

      Fetching rtinst scripts
      Securing SSH
      [ ok ] Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
      SSH secured. Port set to 23353
      Configuring vsftpd
      Stopping FTP server: vsftpd.
      Starting FTP server: vsftpd.
      FTP port set to 44875
      Downloading rtorrent source files
      ################################################## ###################### 100.0%
      ################################################## ###################### 100.0%
      Installing xmlrpc
      Installing libtorrent
      Installing rtorrent
      Configuring rtorrent
      Installing Rutorrent (stable)
      Configuring Rutorrent
      Installing nginx
      Restarting nginx: nginx.
      [ ok ] Restarting PHP5 FastCGI Process Manager: php5-fpm.
      Installing autodl-irssi
      Error: Unable to download autodl scripts from http://update.autodl-community.com/
      This is most likely a network error, if your network is working, then it is likely a temporary issue with the relevant file server
      Run 'bash rtinst.sh -l' for detailed output to rtinst.log
      Once issue is resolved the script can be run again to complete installation




      I run this
      bash rtinst.sh -l

      then only see
      Debian GNU/Linux 7Your Server
      IP/Name is xxx.xxx.xx
      Last edited by shivoham; January 27, 2015, 05:14 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by shivoham View Post
        The installation stops here:

        Fetching rtinst scripts
        Securing SSH
        [ ok ] Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
        SSH secured. Port set to 23353
        Configuring vsftpd
        Stopping FTP server: vsftpd.
        Starting FTP server: vsftpd.
        FTP port set to 44875
        Downloading rtorrent source files
        ################################################## ###################### 100.0%
        ################################################## ###################### 100.0%
        Installing xmlrpc
        Installing libtorrent
        Installing rtorrent
        Configuring rtorrent
        Installing Rutorrent (stable)
        Configuring Rutorrent
        Installing nginx
        Restarting nginx: nginx.
        [ ok ] Restarting PHP5 FastCGI Process Manager: php5-fpm.
        Installing autodl-irssi
        Error: Unable to download autodl scripts from http://update.autodl-community.com/
        This is most likely a network error, if your network is working, then it is likely a temporary issue with the relevant file server
        Run 'bash rtinst.sh -l' for detailed output to rtinst.log
        Once issue is resolved the script can be run again to complete installation




        I run this
        bash rtinst.sh -l

        then only see
        Debian GNU/Linux 7Your Server
        IP/Name is xxx.xxx.xx
        I have no issues, either with the script or running the wget command manually, so can only assume the autodl site or files were temporarily unavailable, so try rerunning the script, it will only take a minute, as you can skip the rtorrent compilation which was done already.

        If you are still having trouble try entering the command manually and see what happens:
        Code:
        wget --no-check-certificate -O autodl-irssi.zip http://update.autodl-community.com/autodl-irssi-community.zip
        If this fails copy the output from this command to me ans we can try and see what the problem is.

        "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


        Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

        Comment


        • If i re run the script it stops at the same point again.The last download command you gave i could download that succesfully

          Comment


          • Originally posted by shivoham View Post
            If i re run the script it stops at the same point again.The last download command you gave i could download that succesfully
            You will need to run using the -l option and paste the last few lines of the log file here, as it is failing on the same wget command in the script.

            "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


            Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

            Comment


            • Getting the same result as above,

              can you try a installation here http://labs.online.net/
              You can try for free there on an instance.
              Or if you want a online.net cloud server i can provide if you pm me or mail me.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by shivoham View Post
                Getting the same result as above,

                can you try a installation here http://labs.online.net/
                You can try for free there on an instance.
                Or if you want a online.net cloud server i can provide if you pm me or mail me.
                Tried this but as you only get a few minutes before the instance times out, the script did not complete.

                "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


                Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

                Comment


                • Ok,

                  i have a cloud server from them.
                  How can i send you the credentials so you can run a test on it?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by shivoham View Post
                    Ok,

                    i have a cloud server from them.
                    How can i send you the credentials so you can run a test on it?
                    send me pm

                    "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


                    Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
                      send me pm
                      i am not able to send you pm, getting thjis message:
                      Because of your current usergroup, you are only allowed to send PM to staff

                      Comment


                      • Just installed this script on a OVH SP-64 and went well.
                        Used Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server Edition, not the desktop option which was available as well.
                        Ran scrpit as root. Afterward ran....apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get clean && apt-get autoclean
                        All is well after reboot, and ghost backdoor issue fixed as well from Ubuntu.
                        Now dl and ul on 1 Gbps line.
                        ThanksArakasi

                        Comment


                        • Mr Arakasi noob question: How to install Comodo PositiveSSL Certificate after script installation? Certificate bought from namecheap.com Thank You
                          Last edited by Qutir; January 30, 2015, 11:42 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Qutir View Post
                            Mr Arakasi noob question: How to install Comodo PositiveSSL Certificate after script installation? Certificate bought from namecheap.com Thank You
                            maybe this will help you out
                            https://www.geocerts.com/install/nginx

                            Comment


                            • Just used your script and got rutorret/rtorrent running on my local Ubuntu 14.04.1 Desktop

                              Thanks!

                              Three questions if you don't mind.

                              1. Not sure why, but it appears SSH was not installed on my machine before or after the install (clean install, nothing else done exceptyour script)

                              I installed openssh-server from the ubuntu software center and re-ran the script with less error, but a port for my SSH connection is never shown. It's just blank. When I list the port using grep it shows default "22". When I try to change the defauly in sshd_config, the config file is completely blank.

                              2. I get an https warning when I visit rutorrent at my local IP address


                              3. I'm trying to store my torrent downloads on a second drive, but rutorrent doesn't seem to be able to write to it.

                              If I try to download a torrent to '/home/<user>/rtorrent/downloads' everything works fine, but I'm trying to store my torrents on a secondary drive at '/media/<user>/<drive name>/<folder>/'


                              When manually navigating the system through a menu in rutorrent I can't even see or get to Media. I can't get any higher than /home/<user>

                              Any help or directions to other tutorials would really really really be appreciated.

                              Comment


                              • Hmm, I have stumbled upon a odd problem.

                                Every time I restart rtorrent/irssi I get a tracker error on all my torrents.
                                I get the following error message: Tracker: [Couldn't resolve host name]

                                I have found a workaround by deleting all my session files. But this is not a very efficient way of solving it though.

                                Do anybody know why this error shows or how I could solve it?

                                One thing to note is that when i'm restarting rtorrent/irssi I do it with "kill -9 pid" and the your script "rtcheck rtorrent irssi" to start them.
                                Maybe the problem lies there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X