This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qutir View Post
    First of all thank you for fantastic script! Awesome job!My problem:After installation I can't login - ssh or ftp - to server as rootI can login as normal user but no as root...Root password is corect.Any advice,please?Thank You-----------------------Edit.Ok.Now I know - root account is disabled.So how I can log in to filezilla as sudo to see all files,folders?
    as I said thousand of times ... NO ROOT ACCESS just SUDO with the user you choose in the installation of the script

Comment

• Originally posted by Qutir View Post
      First of all thank you for fantastic script! Awesome job!My problem:After installation I can't login - ssh or ftp - to server as rootI can login as normal user but no as root...Root password is corect.Any advice,please?Thank You-----------------------Edit.Ok.Now I know - root account is disabled.So how I can log in to filezilla as sudo to see all files,folders?
      You can remove the CHROOT restrictions in vsftpd.

See section 4.2 and change chroot_local_user variable to NO

If you want to allow full access to a subset of users only set the following variables in the vsftpd conf file
      Code:
      chroot_local_user=YES
      chroot_list_enable=YES
      chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
      In the file /etc/vsftpd.chroot_list we specified in the above variables, list the users that you want to allow full access to, any user not listed in this file will be chrooted to their home directory.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

Comment

• Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
        I suggest filezilla as an ftp client, it is about as good as you can get, and free. Filezilla is available on the Mac.
        OK well the filezilla I found came with some awesome malware my first ever on a mac lol
        The speeds are miserable tho and I can't find any segmentation setting.
        Filezilla = 800kbps
        iGetter = 7 M/Bps

Maybe there is a work around for the speeds? Ive always had to segment ftp transfers for decent speeds

Now I have tried searching but to no luck as Ive done what everyone says
        autodl-irssi before I entered any filters it was downloading everything

entered in general and tv show/ movie the following

ncis*,arrow*,blacklist*,criminal.minds*,elementary *,Gotham*,Revenge.S04*,the.flash.2014*,the.walking .dead*,Americas.Next.Top.Model*,the.following*

For my rss feeds i had /i for not case sensitive but have been told this should be fine and should work....
        But isn't where do I start trouble shooting?
        I might try and remove filters and make sure it is grabbing everything again first
        Last edited by mark_oz; January 7, 2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• check out zbat's guide for setting up autodl-irssi http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=271860

With regards to ftp clients, I use a PC and generally max out my home connection using filezilla, but I have no experience of using it on a mac.

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Comment

• Cool

It would appear that everything can just use an old fashioned delete and start from scratch sometimes to get it all working with exactly the same filters...
            Thanks for that tutorial I hadn't attemtep to set up scc yet as the invite only part was in the to hard basket but now all working perfectly ;)

ps. Do these captcha codes go away once i reach a certain amount of posts or something? They can be that difficult it takes me 5 goes to guess the letters sometimes

Comment

I think the issue is that the certificate is under the local ip address rather than the public one. So fine if you are accessing from the same lan using the local ip, but not so if accessing using the public ip or domain.

I would suggest that you use whatever address you access it from over the internet, so either static ip or a domain name.

You can rerun the script (you can skip the rtorrent compilation), and when it asks if the ip address is correct answer no, and then when it asks you to enter the ip/domain it should use enter the ip/domain you use to access the server over the internet eg. example.com. The script will populate this info into the webserver files and certificates.

You will need to save it locally and add it to your browser again.

Let me know if that resolves the issue.
              Yes that was the problem. Run the script again and it works now.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark_oz View Post
                Cool

It would appear that everything can just use an old fashioned delete and start from scratch sometimes to get it all working with exactly the same filters...
                Thanks for that tutorial I hadn't attemtep to set up scc yet as the invite only part was in the to hard basket but now all working perfectly ;)

ps. Do these captcha codes go away once i reach a certain amount of posts or something? They can be that difficult it takes me 5 goes to guess the letters sometimes
                I believe the captcha codes are because you are not yet a full member. If you make an intro and become a full member you should not get the captchas. If you go to the introductions section of the forum you can find all the info you need to make an intro, and there are intro staff that can help you if you need it.

Comment

• Hello- I wanted to let you know that the rutorrent folks moved their distribution from googlecode to github so your script is failing out on install..

any chance you can update it with the latest links? I would really like to finish my debian 7 update.

Comment

• Originally posted by nauticatom View Post
                    I would really like to finish my debian 7 update.
                    +1 Me too

Comment

• Originally posted by nauticatom View Post
                      Hello- I wanted to let you know that the rutorrent folks moved their distribution from googlecode to github so your script is failing out on install..

any chance you can update it with the latest links? I would really like to finish my debian 7 update.
                      The latest stable release is still on google code, so it still works pulling from there, but I have updated it to the new repository at bintray in any case.

By default it downloads the latest stable release which is now over a year old. If you want to pull down the latest version use the -r option when running the script, and it will pull the latest development version which seems stable enough to me, from github.

Comment

The latest stable release is still on google code, so it still works pulling from there, but I have updated it to the new repository at bintray in any case.

By default it downloads the latest stable release which is now over a year old. If you want to pull down the latest version use the -r option when running the script, and it will pull the latest development version which seems stable enough to me, from github.
                        Does that mean we have to add the new repository to the sources list to ensure we catch future updates?

As an additional question. I am trying to figure out how to assign a different IP to the each rutorrent user on my server. I am assuming this is possible based on the original post.

Can someone shed some light on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
                        Last edited by ERTW; January 11, 2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• I have a question about the script
                          is it working with raspberry pi (raspbian) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeder101 View Post
                            I have a question about the script
                            is it working with raspberry pi (raspbian) ?
                            I have not tested it, so I don't know. raspbian is a a debian variant, so it is possible it could work, but I would guess at the least, it would require some tweaks.

Comment

ok not sure why it was failing during the download... ill give it a shot again.

Comment

• Updated script works great! - Thanks so much!
                                Originally posted by nauticatom View Post
                                ok not sure why it was failing during the download... ill give it a shot again.

Comment

Working...
                                X