X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheWalkingDead View Post
    Danny,

Out of the list the only thing that I have is "sys/bus/xen."

With your latest scripts I'm noticing more and more problems the more I use it ... so much so I order a second server to try and troubleshoot (I never had issues with your script up to the May update):

• Removing/Replacing quotaspace with diskspace renders the box completely and utterly useless - it doesn't load at all - only when i reload quotaspace does it function (because i keep getting "disk space full" messages with 12tb of freespace)
    • I'm unable to use any kind of download manager in order to get files off the box, it immediately crushes either box and gives me "404 unavailable" or "this page can;t be reached" until a reboot (this also happens randomly)

I never had any of these issues or nary an issue before with your previous scripts - these still available ? I guess this is my penance for always going for a better priced or better performance box...

I've had the issues on every version of Ubuntu that I can install (14.04/15.10/16.04)

Any thoughts ?

- TWD

UPDATE:

Danny, I looked at your script and removed the check for "sys/bus/xen" - after doing so, my new box that I've been using for troubleshooting appears to be working correctly ... I'm able to download from it again ... time will tell when it comes to the timeout errors as well as the quotaspace/diskspace issues ...

- TWD
    Lookup GitHub commits for previous script history.

The best and easiest way to download a commit is to click on the commits tab when viewing a repository. Then instead of clicking on the commit name, click on Browse the repository at this point in the history button with <> symbol to the right side of the commit name/message, and finally on the Download ZIP button that comes when you click Clone or Download button. This will give you a zip file with the previous script. The only drawback is the pre-May scripts are not compatible with 16.04.

I highly recommend replacing the quota plugin with default disk space plugin.
    RIP WHAT

Comment

• Sonarr Download Clients rTorrent setting

Thanks a million! Anyone managed to get Sanarr up here? Really appreciate if someone can help me to set up Sonarr Download Clients setting and thanks in advance.

Host:
      Port:
      Url Path:
      Use SSL:
      Username:
      Password:

Comment

Check this out: How To Set Up SSH Keys | DigitalOcean

Read through "Optional Step 4"

you need to edit the sshd_config file

Between checking my key for the fourth time, and doing these things:

chmod 700 ~/.ssh
        chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
        ssh-add
        It started working. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by danny View Post
          Lookup GitHub commits for previous script history.

The best and easiest way to download a commit is to click on the commits tab when viewing a repository. Then instead of clicking on the commit name, click on Browse the repository at this point in the history button with <> symbol to the right side of the commit name/message, and finally on the Download ZIP button that comes when you click Clone or Download button. This will give you a zip file with the previous script. The only drawback is the pre-May scripts are not compatible with 16.04.

I highly recommend replacing the quota plugin with default disk space plugin.

Danny,

I've tried to replace the quotaspace plugin, but if I remove it it renders rutorrent unreachable ... something i'm missing here ?

Update:

i removed the the folder permissions for the quotaspace plugin and now it doesn't load and the diskspace plugin is loaded...
          Last edited by TheWalkingDead; June 26, 2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Danny,

I've tried to replace the quotaspace plugin, but if I remove it it renders rutorrent unreachable ... something i'm missing here ?

Update:

i removed the the folder permissions for the quotaspace plugin and now it doesn't load and the diskspace plugin is loaded...
            I have tested the removal of quotspace and addition of diskspace plugin on 14.04 & 16.04 and found all parameters stable and working well. Make sure to refresh rutorrent after change of plugin. Not sure why this caused problems with apache.

Additionally, For ease of Use ; I have addded a command to script for anyone to revert to the classic diskspace plugin. It has worked well on VPSes.
            " installDiskspacePlugin " is the command for anyone planning to use seedbox as a single user.

For present users here is the script : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/da...iskspacePlugin
            RIP WHAT

Comment

I have tested the removal of quotspace and addition of diskspace plugin on 14.04 & 16.04 and found all parameters stable and working well. Make sure to refresh rutorrent after change of plugin. Not sure why this caused problems with apache.

Additionally, For ease of Use ; I have addded a command to script for anyone to revert to the classic diskspace plugin. It has worked well on VPSes.
              " installDiskspacePlugin " is the command for anyone planning to use seedbox as a single user.

For present users here is the script : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/da...iskspacePlugin
              Danny,

I re-"wget" the package and it seems to work now on the test server, will try on the main server later.

BTW - did you ever figure out why the box was being misidentified as a VPS ? I think a lot of packages were skipped during install when it thought that - removing that check from the script made the server work perfectly.

Thanks and as always - great work!

- TWD

Comment

Danny,

I re-"wget" the package and it seems to work now on the test server, will try on the main server later.

BTW - did you ever figure out why the box was being misidentified as a VPS ? I think a lot of packages were skipped during install when it thought that - removing that check from the script made the server work perfectly.

Thanks and as always - great work!

- TWD
                The check for VPS decides whether to apply one of the OS tweaks related to fstab. The script fine tunes the server for better upload and download rate.
                RIP WHAT

Comment

The check for VPS decides whether to apply one of the OS tweaks related to fstab. The script fine tunes the server for better upload and download rate.

Gotcha, just FYI ... on the one server mis-identified as a VPS, it frequently became unavailable during heavy loads, i couldn't download from it (using the https address), and I got tons of errors consistently in rutorrent.

On the server that I tweaked the script for, i've noticed no problems at all.

- TWD

Comment

• Danny, thank you for the script, I am a complete noob so I couldnít even attempt to do this without you.

Installed your script on a Debian Jessie (8.5) but Iíve made the mistake to use a user with capital letter and I have no idea, if the problem was this, but autodl-irssi didnít start. Since Iíve read on your post that we couldnít use a user with capital letter so I asked for a reinstall for Debian 8.0 and runned the script again.

Something very strange happened this time I changed the SSH port to 21976 (what the script recommends) but after the installation finished and server rebooted, every time I try to log I get this error (ssh: connect to host X.X.X.X port 21976: Connection refused)

I cannot log either with standard port 22 or with the new port. Lost competley access to ssh. Is it possible to fix this somehow?

What Debian version should I install this script?
                    Would Unbutu be more compatible with this script?

Comment

• thanks danny for updating the script.
                      i used it a couple of times, one time it didn't work it was a hardware issue i think

Comment

• Amazon plex

Hi danny,

I was wondering if you would add specific features ? Or perhaps a a linux script that does it?

Some smart guys found out you can use Amazon Cloud drive in the US as a unlimited plex server. See the following link

Would this be possible to add to the automated script setup(E.g. the option to dot in your Amazon cloud details) so you don't have to do all that manually?

It would require to install fuse/union-fuse,
                        Encfs,acd_cli, and then making some folders. I'm no linux wiz, so not really going to well for me when I try manually ;) - I will provide beers in return :o)

Comment

• Hi danny
                          Thanks for the amazing work!!
                          Installed on my first online.net Dedibox SC gen2 server and it was fantastic for almost 2 years. Experimented with few installations over different OS and it just worked

However, on my recent new upgrade Dedibox XC SATA 2016 which is supposed to be an upgrade, the experience was not so pleasant. The installation worked, but every time after adding just 1 torrent from any tracker, the server load jumps to 100% and the server slows to almost non-usable.... I don't think this is normal as my old server with much crappy hardware is doing better than this. Can u help with any tweaks please

Thanks a million bud

Comment

• This definitely doesnt seem normal , can you check with smatctl if all teh HDD's are working fine, also try using debian.

Originally posted by d4nny View Post
                            Hi danny
                            Thanks for the amazing work!!
                            Installed on my first online.net Dedibox SC gen2 server and it was fantastic for almost 2 years. Experimented with few installations over different OS and it just worked

However, on my recent new upgrade Dedibox XC SATA 2016 which is supposed to be an upgrade, the experience was not so pleasant. The installation worked, but every time after adding just 1 torrent from any tracker, the server load jumps to 100% and the server slows to almost non-usable.... I don't think this is normal as my old server with much crappy hardware is doing better than this. Can u help with any tweaks please

Thanks a million bud

Comment

• Hey,

Thanks so much for this script, but the feature "show label size" is not working for me, even though this option is On.

Anyone knows any problems related to this?

Comment

• Hey,

thx for your work and updates. Been using your script dozens of times.
                                Just some bugs I got while installing it now:
                                The script said my Hetzner Dedicated Server is a VPS.
                                Plex installed Squeeze repo while I'm running Jessie, therefor nothing was installed. You also could include SSH tunnel setup at your github Plex setup guide.

Works nicely after correction anyway. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X