No announcement yet.

The rutorrent Ratio Groups Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new on a number of private trackers and so I am trying to maximise seeding as much as possible.

Comment

Proof that a good tutorial never goes out of style - thanks for this. :) I'm new to seedboxing, and this helped make a very powerful feature easy to use. Makes me with the plugin creators took the time to document as well as you do!

Comment

Originally posted by cfpe View Post
        I'm afraid you didn't miss anything @dongledude. Afaik this isn't possible (yet). Btw, may I ask why you need both conditions?
        First - thanks for the tutorial. Clarifies things nicely.

I too wish this was capable. Need both conditions because of Hit & Run rules. Some private trackers require seeding of up say 3 days regardless of ratios or receive a hit and run. Further, if the torrent isn't seeded for at least a ratio of 1.0, this will hurt your overall ratio for the tracker (some trackers even have a limit to # of torrents you can have below 1.0).

I would love to be able to automate things - if all conditions are satisfied then remove the torrent when you need space, etc.

PS. These do not seem like difficult problems to tackle, do you know if the plugin is open source?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback :)

Originally posted by kylerudolfph906 View Post
          PS. These do not seem like difficult problems to tackle, do you know if the plugin is open source?
          Well, the plugin is part of ruTorrent which itself is Open Source. However, ruTorrent is just a front-end for rTorrent. And afaik it's currently neither possible with rtorrent/libtorrent to require both conditions..

EDIT:

I think I've just found a solution: rtcontrol. This tool is included in the CommandLineTools component of PyroScope. With rtcontrol you can filter torrents from rtorrent and then perform an action on them. You can apply many different filter conditions which all must be satisfied.

For example:
          rtcontrol is_complete=yes is_open=yes ratio=+1 seedtime=+3d alias=sometracker --stop

should stop all complete torrents of „sometracker“ that have a ratio greaten than 1 and that were seeded more then three weeks. If you then put this command in a cron job that runs exery x minute, you don't have to worry about minimun seed requirement anymore :)
          Last edited by cfpe; May 7, 2015, 08:40 AM.

sigpic
          Sharing together - now and forever

Comment

Thanks for the feedback :)
            rtcontrol is_complete=yes is_open=yes ratio=+1 seedtime=+3d alias=sometracker --stop

should stop all complete torrents of „sometracker“ that have a ratio greaten than 1 and that were seeded more then three weeks. If you then put this command in a cron job that runs exery x minute, you don't have to worry about minimun seed requirement anymore :)
            This should do the trick nicely! Thanks cfpe! Saves me the trouble :).

I'll test it out and let you know how its working.

Comment

Originally posted by kylerudolfph906 View Post
              This should do the trick nicely! Thanks cfpe! Saves me the trouble :).

I'll test it out and let you know how its working.
              Hmm - I can't seem to get the durations to work. Works fine w/ just ratio, but once I add any type of duration/time parameter it returns no torrents.

For example, ,

Do you think its just not pulling in time data for the torrents? Something I'll have to play around with. Could be a configuration that I missed in my haste to test it out.

Comment

I haven't installed or used rtcontrol yet but while browsing the docu I found the following hint:

For the loaded and completed fields to work, as well as the started, leechtime and seedtime ones, you also have to add these commands [...]
                Maybe that's the problem...

sigpic

Comment

Maybe that's the problem...
                  Yeah looks like there is a good deal more than just the easy setup I was hoping :).

I'll have to learn about the rtorrent config to set up local socket between rtorent and pyro. If I get it working I'll let you guys know.

Comment

Is this possible?

Torrents should no longer seed after 72 hours and should not have a ratio LESS than 1.5

Comment

Nope, that's impossible [MENTION=344356]svortevik[/MENTION] as rutorrent or any other tool cannot force a torrent to have a certain ratio within a certain time ;)

sigpic

Comment

An oldie but a goodie. Oh, how I wish I had found this months ago. Anyway, it's book-marked now. Thanks OP!

Comment

Example 2

Torrents should stop always after 48 hours seeding regardless of how much (or little) has been uploaded

Min %
                          Max % UL,MB Time,h
                          1000000 0 any value 48
                          I tried that and I have it like

Min %
                          Max % UL,MB Time,h
                          1000000 0 0 1
                          I want to stop seeding after 1 hour but it is not working for some reason any advice, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Quito View Post
                            I tried that and I have it like

I want to stop seeding after 1 hour but it is not working for some reason any advice, please?
                            I'm having the same problem. The torrents are not stopped by the time parameter - they just keep going after the time is up.

Is there something else that I need to switch on, or flag I have to set, or something?

Comment

Very clear. Very useful. a million tx.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant tutorial! Thank you so much; exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X