No announcement yet.

The rutorrent Ratio Groups Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I've seen this „Rules Manager“ dialogue box for the first time I googled a bit and it seems that this is an extension (ExtRatio) to the Ratio plugin. As my rutorrent installation doesn't contain this extension I can't give you definite advice, but it looks actually pretty straightforward to me. For example, if all Homeland episodes should be assigned to the "ratio 150" ratio group I think you can do this by choosing "Torrent Label contains", then entering "Homeland" in the input field below and then selecting on the "Set ratio to" dropdown list the "ratio 150" group. At least that would make sense to me.. ^^

sigpic
    Sharing together - now and forever

Comment

Thanks for sharing the great guide.

I have a question. Is it possible to do the following?
      - Default ratio group is ratio1 (seeding for 24 hours straight)
      - After 24 hours, change to ratio2 (seeding till ratio>=1 or till reaching 96 hours). Then remove data.
      The second step is to ensure to comply H&R policy of some private trackers.

The problem I'm having is that there is no option for changing ratio group.
      What I have to do now is to 'Stop & Clear group' at 1st step, then manually assign the torrents to ratio group 2.
      Can it be done automatically?

Thanks.

Comment

I don't think that would be possible. However, I'm not quite sure if you actually need two rules, Wouldn't it be sufficient to just use the second rule? Why exactly do you need the 24h seed rule?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much for this, I had no idea what the settings were for. I am trying to get into a private tracker and now know how to set up a good ratio on my seedbox once I get an invite.

Comment

I dont see what the point of stopping seeding is. If you need space, just delete some files. And its not like most modern setups are going to be running out of max connections or slots.

Comment

Originally posted by mtguy8787 View Post
              I dont see what the point of stopping seeding is. If you need space, just delete some files. And its not like most modern setups are going to be running out of max connections or slots.
              Here are a couple potential reasons:
              Some trackers have a policy that seeding past a 4.0 ratio on Freeleech would be considered rude and over seeding would be punished unless you were the last seeder or it was poorly seeded (an example is TheBox).

Another reason might be if you're seeding from home and have a monthly cap that you need to avoid going over.
              Thanks to Flobie for the VIP!

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial.

Some trackers have a policy that seeding past a 4.0 ratio on Freeleech would be considered rude and over seeding would be punished unless you were the last seeder or it was poorly seeded (an example is TheBox)
                Thanks for the the info.

Comment

I just reinstalled my server from scratch and now when i look at the Ratio Group Plug-in there's no time limit field.
                  Was this removed? and why? I need to be able to seed for a set time and after that the torrent and data should be deleted.
                  I used to be able to do this but not anymore?

the plug-in version is 3.60. If this is intended in this version how can I downgrade to a version where this function is available?

Comment

Absolutely brilliant tutorial! Thank you so much; exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Can you let it trigger other actions than "stop"? Something like "remove and delete data"?

Edit: Nevermind I'm stupid, apparently.
                      My Giveaways My Requests
                      None None

|
                      |
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                      |
                      |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
                      would fuck a person in the ass
                      and not even have the godda*n
                      common courtesy to give him a
                      reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
                      '
                      |
                      |
                      |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      |
                      |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial

I'm using rutorrent in a seed-box since few days and I'm using for the ratio plug-in

I put a rules to download from a private tracker rss feed all'hdtv files with season and episode

with reg-ex /(S\d\d).*(E\d\d).*(hdtv)/i avoiding pack with reg-ex /(bluray|season|complete|720p|1080p|1080i)/

my ratio group is this

ratio-6h

Min--> 9999
                        Max--> 0
                        Ul/MB--> 0
                        Time,h-->6
                        Action-->remove data

so I setup the seedbox to download any hdtv file to increase ratio and help the leecher for a while (6 , 12 hours and so on)

This ratio group have a problem. If the ratio is under a minimum value as 1.0 after 6 hours the items is removed. and this is a problem for the tracker update and its H&R counter

Imho there is a missing parameter. the minimum time,h limit

for my use the best configuration should be

Min--> 100
                        Max--> 700
                        Ul/MB--> 0 (0 = I don't care?)
                        Time,h-->2 (Min.) **THE NEW PARAMETER
                        Time,h-->6 (Max.)
                        Action-->remove data

- wait at least 2 hour to test all other conditions (time,h min.=2), this is the mininun for tracker update period in 30 minutes (scene time ) ore 1 hour (freshON)
                        - wait at least min. ratio 100 to test all other conditions (this is the mininum tracker ratio alowed)

- remove data if it reached the ratio 700, do not care about time,h-->6 hour (max. value)
                        - remove data if it reached the time,h value-->6 hour (max. value)
                        Last edited by daf15b8dfb; September 25, 2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I think this needs to be updated because it isn't acting as it was supposed to for me. I set Min=0 max=300% ul=0 and time=336 but it removed stuff that hadn't uploaded anything. Making me think that the min/ul aren't soft limits as described.

Comment

The ratio group you posted doesn't require any upload because you have specified a „time.h“ condition. As soon as this condition is satisfied an action will be triggered. This is illustrated by the penultimate row of the table in the tutorial..

sigpic

Comment

I must be missing something, but how do you enforce minimum time AND minimum ratio? I.e. both variables must be met.

I.e. must hit at least 400 hours, must hit at least 1.5 ratio. If either of these variables are not met, then continue seeding until they are both hit.

Comment

I'm afraid you didn't miss anything [MENTION=182999]dongledude[/MENTION]. Afaik this isn't possible (yet). Btw, may I ask why you need both conditions?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X