Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Seedbox From Scratch Script (Multi-user, quota, sabnzbd and Deluge)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this working stable on Debian 6, official non ovh release?

Comment

• Originally posted by Openwdb View Post
      Is this working stable on Debian 6, official non ovh release?
      It has been a while since I last tested it on a Debian 6 running locally on a VM, but it's working fine, installed and tested everything:

OK SABnzbd: https
      OK ruTorrent: http
      OK ruTorrent https
      OK Webmin: https
      OK FTP
      OK Rapidleech
      OK Deluge: http
      The Seedbox From Scratch Script

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

• Thanks for your great work !

One thing that would be really nice, would be re-using the LaSi script ( with author autorisation i guess ... ) to allow the install of sickbeard, sabnzbd, Couchpatato, Headphones ect ...

Here is the github :

https://github.com/Mar2zz/LaSi

Comment

• Hi Lefteris, i have buyed a domain, i want hosts this in the same Dedcated Server with your Script, exists any way?

Thanks very much the version 2.1.9 is beatiful tested in ubuntu 12.04 server and all works excellent

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVID1988 View Post
            Hi Lefteris, i have buyed a domain, i want hosts this in the same Dedcated Server with your Script, exists any way?

Thanks very much the version 2.1.9 is beatiful tested in ubuntu 12.04 server and all works excellent
            It is possible but what are you planning to host?

Start by checking if your domain registrar gives you also a DNS admin panel (godaddy.com is one of those that I know that DNS is free of charge), then you just have to point a host (www, ftp, mail...) of your domain to your seedbox.

It is possible that you might need to add some configuration to apache2 so you can host a site or, maybe, even your seedbox, but it is all a matter of configuration.

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lefteris View Post
              It is possible but what are you planning to host?

Start by checking if your domain registrar gives you also a DNS admin panel (godaddy.com is one of those that I know that DNS is free of charge), then you just have to point a host (www, ftp, mail...) of your domain to your seedbox.

It is possible that you might need to add some configuration to apache2 so you can host a site or, maybe, even your seedbox, but it is all a matter of configuration.
              im planning hosts a forum smf, i have buyed the domain in ovh, this DNS to point at Dedicated server already. But the configuration in apache2 affects the seedbox´s funcionalities?

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVID1988 View Post
                But the configuration in apache2 affects the seedbox´s funcionalities?
                If you don't know what you're doing, you might break it.

edit: If you are planning to do it yourself, you can open a help thread here asking some directions. This thread is not exactly the place to discuss Linux and some moderator can ask us to get back on topic.

Comment

• No comment on my post Lefteris ? ^^

Is it a good idea or not ?

Comment

• hey m8
                    How can i delete all the ip logs of the shh, ftp etc. ?
                    And can you add the option to delete all the logs after the installation and don't keep log when someone connected to the box via ssh, ftp etc. ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SOUVLATZiS View Post
                      hey m8
                      How can i delete all the ip logs of the shh, ftp etc. ?
                      And can you add the option to delete all the logs after the installation and don't keep log when someone connected to the box via ssh, ftp etc. ?
                      Files are all in the default log dir: /var/log. I think you can pretty much delete them all just don't delete directories. You can use this command AT YOUR OWN RISK:

sudo find /var/log -type f -delete

But, still, some log files might not be in the /var/log dir, to be sure you must know very well all softwares installed in the box wich is not my case.

About adding this option to script, I'll have to think and test something like that, because better would be not log anything, but for that I would have to reconfigure all programs to send logs to /dev/null.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Originally posted by deltafarce View Post
                      Thanks for your great work !

One thing that would be really nice, would be re-using the LaSi script ( with author autorisation i guess ... ) to allow the install of sickbeard, sabnzbd, Couchpatato, Headphones ect ...

Here is the github :

https://github.com/Mar2zz/LaSi
                      Not a bad idea, but I don't know if I can just install this script on my setup. I tend to do things to make easier the life of the users of this script and a example is sabnzbd, I've had in a lot of trouble so users don't have to configure it on command line before using it in browser. Does this script do this for all the programs it installs? And I also don't know about library compatibility, have you tested it on a Seedbox From Scratch box?

Comment

• I have tested it on a Seedbox From scratch box a few month ago and it was perfectly working. Donnu about the compatibility since then. The script is really easy to use, and once you used it, you can acces all them directly in the browser. I guess maybe you could use a part of the script if not all of it, as this script is normally used to setup a headless HTPC and not a seedbox. So there is some useless soft like Xbmc, but still, Headphones, Sickbeard, Couchpatato ect are really usefull with sabnzbd ...

Comment

• I would like to add VNC capability to this so I can do proper speed tests. Do you know of a tutorial that would not break compatibility of your script or break the current installation from your script? (Version 2.1.2 I believe)

Comment

• Thanks for the new version of auto script Lefteris :)

Anyone experiencing " Error downloading torrent file... Error Timed out, Error HTTP error HTTP/1.0 400 bad request " for irssi??

Comment

• Hi, Lefteris!

I hope my question is not too off-topic. I use your script for several months and I can only congratulate you and thank you so much for your wonderful work.

I really lacks knowledge, and I do not know if my request is technically or safely unfeasible. I would like to give a direct download link to some of my files on my server (OVH 2G) to people who do not have access to the server.

Do you know if there is a way to do this, any plugin or method? Or do I necessarily have to configure my server with apache, nginx or lighttpd for example?

Thank you. :)
                              Last edited by Scorpathos; December 29, 2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• For anyone with an error at the beginning (Looks like somethig is wrong, this script was not able to download its whole git repository.)
                                And a : "sudo apt-get install git" (or git-core) returns "E: Unable to locate package git"
                                Then simply do a: "sudo apt-get update"
                                I thought it was my internet that was shitty because I couldn't ping ebay.com which (incidentally) does not return pings...

Comment

Working...
                                X