Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy rutorent install script. Rutorrent + irssi+ ftp+ multiuser. Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy rutorent install script. Rutorrent + irssi+ ftp+ multiuser. Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora

Easiest ruTorrent installer + Web server, FTP, Webmin (Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora/More)

This is the script by brock. This is an all in one script for the easiest seedbox setup ever.
    It is no longer on the rutorrent page but I have found this awsome tutorial.
    I found this on another site and just had to share after spending hours setting up my own box and playing with other people tutorials. While I appreciate the knowledge I
    acquired on my mission I later found this solution and to the complete beginner or even to the competent linux user this would have to still have its advantages.

This will turn a 1-2 hour (if your lucky and have no problems) into a 5-10 minute task and you'll be logged in and seeding in 10 minutes

This is an easy installer for ruTorrent (multi-user support), rtorrent, plugins and other dependencies. It requires no Linux knowledge. The only requirement is that you can copy and paste three lines of code. In 5-10 mins, you should have a fully working ruTorrent.

To install it, use one of the three lines of code below, depending on which OS you are using. The installation script will ask you some questions and then install everything you selected.

What it will do
    :

• Install a web server (*)
    • Install ruTorrent with multi-user support (http and https)
    • Install 1st party ruTorrent plugins
    • Install an encrypted FTP server (vsftpd)
    • Install rtorrent with xmlrpc-c support
    • Install the IRC auto downloader plugin (autodl-irssi)
    • Install Webmin
    • Install a startup script for rtorrent and Irssi

You can disable any of the above by answering no when you run the installer.

* Apache, nginx, or lighttpd.

Now lets Start

Ubuntu and Ubuntu clones
    :

cd

sudo apt-get install irssi

wget --no-check-certificate -O autodl-setup
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/autodlirrsiscriptfixed/files/autodl-setup/download
    sudo sh autodl-setup

Any other OS

yum update
    allow it to update all

su -
    Then install it: to install wget on centos use
    yum install wget
    wget --no-check-certificate -O autodl-setup http://sourceforge.net/projects/autodlirrsiscriptfixed/files/autodl-setup/download

sh autodl-setup
    Thats it Finished - - To log onto your seedbox open up your web browser and type https://YOUR-IP-ADDRESS/rutorrent/

Login with your "rutorrent username" and password and thats it. If you have any problems look below

If you already have another web server installed, you may need to disable it or uninstall it. If you don't, the web server this script installs (*) might not work.

Tested on the following OSes (clean installs):

Ubuntu Server 6.06.2 LTS
    Ubuntu Server 8.04.4 LTS
    Ubuntu Server 10.04.1 LTS
    Ubuntu Server 11.04
    Ubuntu Server 12.04
    Ubuntu Desktop 12.04
    Ubuntu 10.10
    Arch Linux 2010.05
    ArchBang 2010.10
    CentOS 4.8
    CentOS 5.5
    ClearOS 5.2
    Debian 4.0r7
    Debian 5.0.3
    Debian 5.0.7
    Debian 6.0.0
    Fedora 13
    Fedora 14
    Fedora 15
    Frugalware 1.3
    Gentoo 1.12.14
    Linux Mint 8
    Linux Mint 9
    Linux Mint 10
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.0
    Mandriva Linux release 2010.1
    MEPIS 8.5
    openSUSE 11.1
    openSUSE 11.3
    openSUSE 11.4
    Pardus 2009.2
    Pardus 2011
    PCLinuxOS 2010
    Peppermint OS
    RHEL 5.5
    RHEL 6.0
    Sabayon 5
    Scientific Linux 5.5
    Scientific Linux 6.0
    Unity release 2010

If your OS isn't listed, but is derived from one of the above OSes, then the installer could still work. Eg., all Ubuntu and Debian derived OSes should work.

Issues:
    SELinux:

• If you have SELinux enabled, it's possible Apache or vsftpd won't work.
    • To disable Selinux.
    • Edit /etc/selinux/config (e.g. $sudo vi /etc/selinux/config)

Find the line:

SELINUX=enforcing

If you simply want to set selinux to permissive mode - which will still warn you when something would have been denied

change to

SELINUX=disabled

Firewall:

• The script doesn't open any ports in your firewall. If your firewall is enabled, you may need to open a few ports.
    • if u cant access webgui use "iptables -F"

Ubuntu Server 6:

• You need to enable the universe repository

RHEL/CentOS/Scientific 4 & 5:

geoip plugin:

• Some OSes don't have the PHP geoip module (thus disabling the ruTorrent geoip plugin).

Ubuntu Server 12.04
    • ***ERROR***
      Can't continue. The following programs are not installed: irssi
      ***ERROR***

To fix type
    sudo apt-get install irssi

All credit goes to brock from forums.rutorrent.org original post here (no longer)

Good Luck Guys and if you have problems post them here and I will try to help if I can't I'm sure someone more experience will be more then willing to help you
    Last edited by tazertorrent; August 23, 2013, 09:54 AM. Reason: fixed script

A piece of warning here: just use this script in new hosts. If its a box you cant reinstall fron scratch, dont use it. This script broke rTorrent and ruTorrent in my NAS server and, beside having a good Linux knowledge, I still couldnt repair it. So, if its a new box, go ahead, give it a try, otherwise, you beter use [MENTION=127589]Copper[/MENTION] tutorial: http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedb...nc-ubuntu.html.
    The Seedbox From Scratch Script

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

A piece of warning here: just use this script in new hosts. If its a box you cant reinstall fron scratch, dont use it. This script broke rTorrent and ruTorrent in my NAS server and, beside having a good Linux knowledge, I still couldnt repair it. So, if its a new box, go ahead, give it a try, otherwise, you beter use @Copper tutorial: Dedicated server /Kimsufi /OVH /Seed box setup - Rutorrent, Autodl-irssi, ZNC, Ubuntu.
      Why were you trying to install rutorrent from a script if you already had rutorrent and rtorrent installed???
      Last edited by tazertorrent; August 11, 2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tazertorrent
        Why were you trying to install rutorrent from a script if you already had rutorrent and rtorrent installed???
        Pretty dumb, huh? But this is an autodl-irssi script installer that was missing from my setup, but I never thought it could break all the rest that I figured out and manually installed myself.
        The Seedbox From Scratch Script

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

No problem I understand now. But as you now know this isn't just an autodl-irssi installer. This will install everything. So as long as you have a fresh install this will work.
          If your looking to just install autodl-irssi there are many other tutorials out there including "part 29 of copper's tutorial."

Comment

i think u might be missing some steps it doesnt work right off the bat i think it needs some dependencies

Comment

What are you missing because I installed staright away from install. It should come up with "missing_______" which is easily fixed with
              sudo apt-get install ________

Comment

ive gotten this error a few times
                ***ERROR***
                ***ERROR***

the only thing that seems to stop it is adding this dependency

sudo apt-get install apache2 apache2-utils autoconf build-essential ca-certificates comerr-dev curl cfv dtach htop irssi libapache2-mod-php5 libcloog-ppl-dev libcppunit-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libterm-readline-gnu-perl libsigc++-2.0-dev libperl-dev libssl-dev libtool libxml2-dev ncurses-base ncurses-term ntp openssl patch pkg-config php5 php5-cli php5-dev php5-fpm php5-curl php5-geoip php5-mcrypt php5-xmlrpc pkg-config python-scgi screen ssl-cert subversion texinfo unrar-free unzip zlib1g-dev

also a warning if u have a partitioned hd u probably dont wana use this
                currently its telling me i only have 9gb of space.

found the fix for this its

cd /var/rutorrent/rutorrent/conf
                nano config.php
                $topDirectory = '/home'; // Upper available directory. Absolute path with trail slash.
                /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
                Last edited by R3CON; August 15, 2012, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R3CON View Post
                  ive gotten this error a few times
                  ***ERROR***
                  ***ERROR***

the only thing that seems to stop it is adding this dependency

also a warning if u have a partitioned hd u probably dont wana use this
                  currently its telling me i only have 9gb of space.

found the fix for this its

nano config.php
                  $topDirectory = '/home'; // Upper available directory. Absolute path with trail slash.
                  To fix type sudo apt-get install irssi

thats it you don't have to install all the dependencies aswell the script will install everything else you need. If you look at "issues" in the original post i added that down the bottom. After i tested on ubuntu 12.04

Thanks for contributing your fix for the other issue though.
                  I also added that line before the install script thanks....
                  Last edited by tazertorrent; August 13, 2012, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this script; I snagged one of the free beta servers from OVH a couple of days ago and this worked flawlessly on it. I just had to implement the directory fix R3CON posted above to get it to see more than 9 gigs of HD.

Comment

is ne one else having trouble with the unpack addon it doesnt seem to work for me its grayed out

Comment

the script is from here PluginAutodlirssi - rutorrent - Yet another web front-end for rTorrent - Google Project Hosting

I have ran the script on a pre existing install before, and didn't have problem. I used it to install autodl when I first started using Ubuntu 12.04.

Comment

Originally posted by R3CON View Post
                          is ne one else having trouble with the unpack addon it doesnt seem to work for me its grayed out
                          I didn't have any problems with the addon when i installed. "unpack" is supposed to be installed as part of the script.

If you need to.. its pretty easy to install manually.

wget to plugins folder then chown to web user....

Comment

Installed perfectly on Ubuntu Server 12.04. Easiest setup of a seedbox ever.

I did have to apply the fix posted by R3CON.

nano config.php

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BenChin View Post
                              Installed perfectly on Ubuntu Server 12.04. Easiest setup of a seedbox ever.

I did have to apply the fix posted by R3CON.

nano config.php

Thanks!
                              Thats great to hear. I didn't have any issues with my box but i changed "/var/rutorrent/rutorrent/conf" to $topDirectory = '/home/downloads'; // Upper available directory. Absolute path with trail slash
                              So that when i loaded my "filemanager" plugin it was sitting in the right directory

Comment

Working...
                              X