Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated server /Kimsufi /OVH /Seed box setup - Rutorrent, Autodl-irssi, ZNC, Ubuntu

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok never ill try that but i still cant get mirc to connect using my znc server

Comment

• This is a great tutorial. I used this plus another to come up with a seedbox that works perfectly. might i suggest adding a few things though.

During step 8 add libtorrent-mod-scgi to the end of the dependencies list.

I also got an error that said "Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getintervals])" which was solved with a quick google search and answered by Lefteris.

To fix this simply read and do what I pasted below.

"Look at your /var/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php file, if you have extra bytes (line breaks or spaces) before <? or after ?>, remove them, this is HTML result that shouldn't be happening there."

+1 to Copper
      Last edited by oLEGENDo; November 18, 2012, 05:45 AM. Reason: typos =/

Comment

• It's interesting how so many people have different results following this guide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Never View Post
          It's interesting how so many people have different results following this guide.

Not at all. Nine out of ten people are having no problems whatever. Of those who have experienced difficulties, almost all of them have turned out to have made typos, missed a step or thought that it wouldn't matter if they deviated from the guide a bit. Which leaves a bare handful of unexplained errors. And no doubt more scrutiny would also show those to be typos or unusual server configuration conflicts as well.

The real problem is that this was presented as an expert level guide. And the small number of members running into problems are not experts so they are encountering some frustration resolving the part (s) that don't work for them. Any typos or mistakes are likely to result in an error - which are completely solvable as well. None of this is a huge problem unless you are both a beginner who runs into a problem and easily frustrated. The guide works very well for experts, beginners who follow it exactingly and those who have patience in figuring out where a typo crept in.

Fortune and love favour the brave .-. Ovid ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Copper View Post

Not at all. Nine out of ten people are having no problems whatever. Of those who have experienced difficulties, almost all of them have turned out to have made typos, missed a step or thought that it wouldn't matter if they deviated from the guide a bit. Which leaves a bare handful of unexplained errors. And no doubt more scrutiny would also show those to be typos or unusual server configuration conflicts as well.

The real problem is that this was presented as an expert level guide. And the small number of members running into problems are not experts so they are encountering some frustration resolving the part (s) that don't work for them. Any typos or mistakes are likely to result in an error - which are completely solvable as well. None of this is a huge problem unless you are both a beginner who runs into a problem and easily frustrated. The guide works very well for experts, beginners who follow it exactingly and those who have patience in figuring out where a typo crept in.

I completely agree. As I said, I am not an expert. I know very little about linux and this guide walked me through step by step. Of course I came across errors along the way but I was able to see that the errors usually arose from having a typo or not following the guide 100%. This is a perfect guide and ANYONE with minimal linux experience should be able to follow it. As for typos (I don't know why people don't know how to do this) copy and paste the code. I did this multiple times as I went through because I didn't want to type out that whole line of code. Everything works great. Once again, +1 to Copper.

Comment

• can you please also share how to download files via http as ftp is slow most times

Comment

• Originally posted by shararat786 View Post
                can you please also share how to download files via http as ftp is slow most times
                Just set your FTP client to download more than one file at a time. I personally use 10 connections with FileZilla or FTPRush.

Comment

• In ruTorrent, click on the torrent, go to the "Files" tab, right-click, select "Get File"

Does not work with RAR'd media.

Comment

• i Follow this guide and i get this error:

Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getintervals]) {"next":697,"interval":3

any help?

Comment

• Originally posted by AtomBoy View Post
                      i Follow this guide and i get this error:

Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getintervals]) {"next":697,"interval":3

any help?
                      It would be great if you read up. I actually posted the fix to this on this page. Please try to read through the comments before posting problems.

Originally posted by oLEGENDo View Post
                      This is a great tutorial. I used this plus another to come up with a seedbox that works perfectly. might i suggest adding a few things though.

During step 8 add libtorrent-mod-scgi to the end of the dependencies list.

I also got an error that said "Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getintervals])" which was solved with a quick google search and answered by Lefteris.

To fix this simply read and do what I pasted below.

"Look at your /var/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php file, if you have extra bytes (line breaks or spaces) before <? or after ?>, remove them, this is HTML result that shouldn't be happening there."

+1 to Copper

Comment

• Originally posted by oLEGENDo View Post
                        It would be great if you read up. I actually posted the fix to this on this page. Please try to read through the comments before posting problems.
                        Sorry i am reading all topic right now :)

Comment

• [20.11.2012 23:38:17] WebUI started.
                          [20.11.2012 23:38:18] No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

i get this error i have tried to do

ps aux | grep rtorrent

screen -r rtorrent

There is no screen to be resumed matching rtorrent.

Mod edit: Do not post in a pure black font. It is illegible to the majority of members who have not chosen the custom white theme that you are suing
                          Last edited by Copper; November 20, 2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mupp3t View Post
                            [20.11.2012 23:38:17] WebUI started.
                            [20.11.2012 23:38:18] No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

i get this error i have tried to do

ps aux | grep rtorrent

screen -r rtorrent

There is no screen to be resumed matching rtorrent.
                            This is getting out of control. Access to this thread should only be permitted after someone has demonstrated their ability to read and follow directions at a high school level.

The error you are getting explains directly why that command doesn't work: You are using a command to try to resume a screen which does not exist.

Do this:
                            Code:
                            screen -fa -d -m rtorrent
                            This command will start a screen session, start rtorrent, and detach you from the screen so that it will run in the background.

Comment

• I am reluctantly closing this thread. It was left open so that some one who ran into an unexpected problem might pose a brief query here. But this thread has gotten spammy and it's clear that quite a few posters have not even made the effort to read up a post or two where they would see their question already answered. They are simply blurting out a question without bothering to read the thread first. It is not accomplishing much to simply repeat the same questions over and over again. My genuine appreciation to the minority who actually did read the thread - you know who you are.

It was clearly noted at the outset that this was not a support thread. This is an expert level guide that works well if you follow it carefully. Even if you run into a problem, your question by now has probably been asked (and answered) several times. If it really hasn't, then you can ask in our web help forum.

Fortune and love favour the brave .-. Ovid ....

Comment

Working...
                              X