No announcement yet.

How to get Demonoid to pick up your seedbox for ratio building in 3 easy steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Demonoid to pick up your seedbox for ratio building in 3 easy steps

I have seen so many questions regarding how to get demonoid to pick up your seedbox to help you build your ratio. I have seen a tutorial on useing a text browser and suggestion to use open VPN. There is a very simple little tool/plugin that will make this very easy for you. Not every seedbox provides open vpn or allows SSH access. Personally I prefer SSH seedboxs and root access.

First you need to download and install firefox 3.6 any higher version will not work with the plugin you need. you can google around for a 3.6 version or go to filehippo.com and download the older version here Download Firefox 3.6 - FileHippo.com

Second you need the firefox plugin/extension called x-forwarded-for-spoofer you need to download this with firefox and install. link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...poofer-242700/ after installed make sure all your firefox cookies and temp files are cleaned out (new installs really dont need to worry about that).
    Now that you have your plugin/extension installed click on tools in browser and select (x-forwarded for spoofer) make sure the box is checked for enable and add your seedbox ip address into the value field. If your are unsure what you seedbox ip is try to ftp into your box with filezilla and get the ip address from the log details at the top of filezilla.

Third go to Demonoid or other similar site and sign in with firefox being the only browser open on your pc. Search around the site a bit view a couple torrents so demonoid saves your ip address of your seedbox. Ratio building is simple find the newest files being uploaded that have many (many meaning 100+) peers/leachers and 1-3 seeders. download the .torrent file while useing firefox save them to your pc, now go to your seedbox and add the .torrent file download the file and seed away.

Note if you need to go into demonoid again be sure to use the same browser with same plugin so your ip doesn't get changed from your boxs ip address. Also in firefox tools I choose to browse privately and dump my cookies when browser closes.

Hope this helps some of you who are looking for a simple way to get demonoid or similar tracker sites to pick up your seedbox ip. whole process takes less then 5 minutes.

Re: How to get Demonoid to pick up your seedbox for ratio building in 3 easy steps

Seriously ? who wants to build on Demonoid .. lol even if you have 11tb download with 1 kb upload they will not disable you .. its not even worth it to use your seedbox on a tracker like this .. i would say use it on some of your other trackers instead .. or if you don't have any then atleast get IPT and use it on that .. as IPT is one of the best starter trackers there are ..
    sigpic

A new breed, A new generation. D-generation X, you can not stop him, slow him down, or shield yourself from his gaze. He is here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and we're all out of gum. He is DX, he is Exalted . . .

Comment

Re: How to get Demonoid to pick up your seedbox for ratio building in 3 easy steps

Originally posted by DX View Post
      Seriously ? who wants to build on Demonoid .. lol even if you have 11tb download with 1 kb upload they will not disable you .. its not even worth it to use your seedbox on a tracker like this .. i would say use it on some of your other trackers instead .. or if you don't have any then atleast get IPT and use it on that .. as IPT is one of the best starter trackers there are ..
      I agree 100% but i have had some who have asked and everyone has to start somewhere i would say that is a semi decent starter site, but i am not seeding it with a box.

Comment

I won't discount the benefits of this tutorial. I have myself tried to download some files from Demonoid on a SB, with no success.

The reason why it could come in handy, is because of Demonoid's large content (I'm sure its larger than any other tracker). I wanted to leech some files from Demonoid so as to cross-seed them on some other trackers. But, the SB won't start downloading. I'm not much into encoding, so I have to rely on some other private trackers so as to get some files which I can upload. As as result, I had to move to IPT then. Anyways, I'm sure this might come in handy in the future.

Thanks.
        On a long break!

Comment

While all of your opinions hold validity I just find it good practice to keep my ratio as acceptable as possible. Demonoid was my first tracker.

Thank you for the tutorial though. Very enlightening!

Comment

Hi,

I think is more easy use the proxy service that a lot of seedbox provide. Use if you want a specific copy of firefox portable with the sets of your proxy seedbox to find or download the torrents. It's the way as i work. I use chrome as main brownser and I have a specific firefox to download the torrents. Adjust the Firefox's settings to open *.torrent archives with the remote application that use your seedbox and ready to download :)
            When I download a torrent, the Transsmision GUI is launched automatically and the seedbox starts inmediately.

Greetings

Comment

I have no problem downloading from D on a SB, but I have tried a few things and at this point I have just resolved within myself that D.me is a ratioless tracker. :)

Comment

The three steps are good and but honestly i agree with dx why would i ever want to build ratio on demonoid. Well one point that comes to my mind is for people who are starting of in the BT world and have only demonoid to show as a Proof, lol.

cheers.
                sigpic

special thanks to
                Super_Nova, mate88, ECH3LON
                Proud Friend Of:
                Sinius, mate88, Super_Nova, Fuska, Karajan, graphic,subkar,tinman,Killer_Monty,Cafe,yorkshire, Allice, Raum, Cerberusj,

NexRay, pejioto,DX, InsanePinoBoy,ECH3LON,Pulser,Copper,IguessNot,Shadowbuild,JustJe nna,TankGirl,Splendid,GPaX and more..

Comment

Originally posted by DX View Post
                  Well we want a good ratio...because..because you get a cool flashing light beside your name.:-D
                  By the way my seedbox doesn't even allow demonoid.

Comment

Thanks a lot for this.

Comment

While I appreciate time and effort of the poster to write up the tutorial, I've tried almost a dozen seedbox providers when I started. Every seedbox provider I used either had rules against demonoid or recommended not using it with their seedbox.

Comment

Or you could just upload the .torrent file to your seedbox and just leech the torrent and it won't affect your ratio. As to the people saying Demonoid sucks I see your point but not everyone on the net has friends in good / great trackers and for many of us Demonoid was our first tracker and it holds a special place in our hearts.

Comment

You could also sign up with a provider who offers a proxy service.

My tutorial for that is here:

SeedStuff Hosting - Knowledgebase - Premium Seedbox Hosting Services

Then you proxy into demoniod, grab the torrent, upload to box and viola!

SeedStuff Hosting - Portal Home - Premium Seedbox Hosting Services <- Offers a proxy prebuilt into every box :)

Comment

I personally like demonoid and would like to build my ratio up with them. The problem for me is that Firefox is my main browser and i do not want to drop it back from V12.0 to V3.6...
                            So does anyone have any suggestions on how i can avoid that???
                            Is there another addon out there that preforms in the same way?

Also i have no intention of changing my seedbox provider Seed.ST (there is no VPN or SSH) so this is pretty much my only option (besides going the proxy route which i am told is quite a pain to use)

Comment

Working...
                            X