X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EvoBoxes.net

Name: EvoBoxes
    Speed: 1gbit, shared with 8-9 people
    Support: not so good, they were fast on replying and got an IRC chan, but almost everytime i left with no conclusive answer and had to solve the problem myself.
    GUI: Userinstalled (They have a guide on how to install rTorrent/deluge/transmission with a script)
    Speed of GUI: good
    Package: Silver
    Price: 25
    Overall rating: 5/10

I had many problems with deluge, it kept crashing and i had to re-install everything from the scratch. The guys at the support didn't had a clue on what they were doing some times.
    I have no complains on the speeds.

If you only needs a rtorrent, and FTP, they can be good, otherwise i don't recomend it.
    Last edited by Fractal; January 25, 2011, 06:57 AM.
    Need some help in portuguese?
    Send me a PM

Speed: 1gbit - really noticably fast
    Support: Good - they're on IRC all the time and helped me when I crashed the server lol
    GUI: Whatever you wish to install
    Speed of GUI: Depends on what you install
    Package: Silver
    Overall rating: 10/10

I went with evoboxes after someone recommended it to me, we share it with all the ops on my Android Rooting Help IRC channel for hosting and torrenting.

We've tried a few seedbox providers (feral, bytesized), but this one is really great.

It's a VPS so really fast, and you also get root access to run your own little world
    On ours we run:
    - Transmission
    - Deluge
    - r(u)Torrent
    - Apache for hosting files
    - A minecraft server
    - TurkehBot - the IRC bot TG + Jameo hate :001_tt2:
    - irssi for my IdleRPG dupe
    - We also tested out running our own IRC server :)

And it's STILL really fast :o

As it comes all you get is SSH access, so you need to be handy with the command line or have a server geek around to help you set it up :)

I would recommend this to anyone who knows their way with a command line, it's just great and amazing for the price.
    If you're like 'OMG WTF IS LOONIX!!!' then I really wouldn't get this as you just wont be able to use it or get the full benefit of it.

sigpic
    Please remember to report posts you see violating the rules.

Comment

Evoboxes.net

Name: Evoboxes.net
      Speed: 10/10 Getting 70mb/s download, will check upload later

Support: 10/10 (always someone on irc)
      GUI: 8/10 , the usual rutorrent/deluge
      Speed of GUI: 10/10 , best gui i've used, no freezing etc.
      Package: Gold VPS
      Price: 30
      Overall rating: 9/10 ,
      Last edited by TheG; February 16, 2011, 06:55 PM.

​sigpic

Comment

Speed: 8/10 (peaked like 70mb/s down and upload looks fine too... Hard to find so popular torrents that they gets over 20mb/s)
        Support: 9/10 (Ive only used irc but works fine:)
        GUI: 8/10 rutorrent / deluge
        Speed of GUI: 8/10 Sometimes slows down a little bit
        Package: Silver VPS
        Overall rating: 9/10

I cant find any other provider with same kind specs (1gbit bandwith, root access 1,5gb ram (2gb burstable) and 300gb HD with these prices! Really awesome and because its vps you can do whatever you want with it \o/

ONLY if you are not familiar with linux you should reconsider buying this. If you are familiar, go for it (You only have ssh root access from start so you gotta install stuff yourself.. Their install script helps ofc but, lets say it isnt perfect)

Comment

Yes, I can definitely recommend these guys.

People are right with the reviews, absolutely fantastic servers.

Hard to believe they are so fast when they are so cheap.

Comment

Speed: 10/10 its a 1Gbit/s connection so it's ALOT faster than my old 100Mbit/s seedbox.

Support: 9/10 they will answer your tickets in a timely fashion and sometimes they are available on chat. I haven't tried irc yet cuz I'm lazy =p.

GUI: ?/10, it's a VPS so the GUI is up to you to setup, all you have is SSH at the beginning. If you are a beginner or just want a basic setup they do have an auto install script that will install rtorrent, deluge, ftp etc...

My current setup:
            gnome-core + vnc for file and server management
            rtorrent / deluge / ftp

Speed of GUI: 10/10, It's a brand new server so its lightning fast.

Package: Gold VPS, unmetered 1Gbit connection, 450GB disk space, 2.5GB ram, quad core xeon CPU, 2-3 users per disk, 8-9 users per server.

Price: 30 (US $51)

Overall rating: 9/10, I rate it 9 only because of the price, if it was $40 a month I would have rated it a 10. IMO these guys are the best, I can see myself staying with them for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by WLF11 View Post

Speed: 10/10 its a 1Gbit/s connection so it's ALOT faster than my old 100Mbit/s seedbox.

Support: 9/10 they will answer your tickets in a timely fashion and sometimes they are available on chat. I haven't tried irc yet cuz I'm lazy =p.

GUI: ?/10, it's a VPS so the GUI is up to you to setup, all you have is SSH at the beginning. If you are a beginner or just want a basic setup they do have an auto install script that will install rtorrent, deluge, ftp etc...

My current setup:
              gnome-core + vnc for file and server management
              rtorrent / deluge / ftp

Speed of GUI: 10/10, It's a brand new server so its lightning fast.

Package: Gold VPS, unmetered 1Gbit connection, 450GB disk space, 2.5GB ram, quad core xeon CPU, 2-3 users per disk, 8-9 users per server.

Price: 30 (US $51)

Overall rating: 9/10, I rate it 9 only because of the price, if it was $40 a month I would have rated it a 10. IMO these guys are the best, I can see myself staying with them for a long time.
              Can you please tell what payment methods do they accept and what upload speed you get?

Comment

They accept PayPal and I usually get around 20MB/s-40MB/s, it depends on the torrent
                sigpic

Comment

They let you install what you want from web, or pick from a list or something ?

Comment

You can install whatever you want, you get root access.
                    The install script installs things like rutorrent and ftp for you though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Can definitely recommend them. Got ~15TB upload using Silver in the month I used it.

Comment

Speed: 1gbit, shared with 8-9 people
                        Support: Fine, It is a VPS so they expect you to do your own thing, but if asked nicely they will help you with anything you need.
                        GUI: Userinstalled (They have a guide on how to install rTorrent/deluge/transmission with a script)
                        Speed of GUI: good
                        Package: Gold
                        Price: 30
                        Overall rating: 5ish

Speeds that can be reached are amazing, but if these speeds are reached I notice that my rutorrent will crash. For example I deleted all my torrents and started fresh on my seedbox. I added a new torrent, it was reaching 25mb down, and 10mb up. Not even 20 minutes later ruTorrent crashed. I would have to restart it. This happened to me often during my month with these guys. If I added 2-4 torrents at once it would crash. I have never seen ruTorrent crash so much.

I did use deluge for awhile, it would get amazing speeds but then it would for no reason get horrible speeds.

All in all, I did upload a fair amount. Nothing like others have though... Not worth the money. I have uploaded more with half the price.

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the crashes :x -- Although i think yours is a somewhat rare case.. we don't have many people complain about client crashes tbh. ruTorrent is pretty fussy, if you set the memory limit above what your VPS is allocated, it will crash, if you delete torrents and try and add new ones it will crash..etc.

Deluge can be a bit funky if you don't set the settings correctly, and increase the cache.

I don't know you username to see whether or not you submitted a ticket or came on IRC to ask for support, but I would advise that if you have issues you work with us to resolve them - we try and make sure everyone is a happy camper :)

Comment

Can someone list all the applications which are available to install from the autoinstall script ?

Comment

Originally posted by rolex View Post
                              Can someone list all the applications which are available to install from the autoinstall script ?
                              rTorrent + ruTorrent
                              Deluge 1.3.1 + deluge-web
                              Transmission
                              ProFTPd
                              mktorrent

Comment

Working...
                              X