Tuvix Hosting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name: Tuvixhosting
    Speed: Supposed to be a 1Gbps connection, but I was lucky to see 16 MBps download
    Support: 4/10 Before I signed up and was asking questions, it was great, once they had my money, not so much.
    GUI: rutorrent
    Speed of GUI: 8/10
    Package: VIA Nano U2250 1TB
    Price: It was supposed to be $20.28USD, but then they added a $1.42USD gateway charge
    Overall rating: 2/10

I needed a new seedbox after my last seedbox host went mia. I figured I would give these guys a try. Huge mistake! The download speed was an absolute joke. I read their response saying that the bottleneck here is the RAM and CPU. Then why do they advertise them as 1gbps or even have them when they know that speed isn't possible?

Besides that, within a week of getting the box, I got an email saying that they were hacked and the hackers have my personal information. That's awesome. They also spammed the hell out of my inbox by sending me 49 invoice emails.

Bottom line, stay away from these people!

Comment

Online.com is really good I am very happy with them give them a shot you won`t regret it

Comment

Originally posted by jls5585 View Post
        Speed: Supposed to be a 1Gbps connection, but I was lucky to see 16 MBps download
        Support: 4/10 Before I signed up and was asking questions, it was great, once they had my money, not so much.
        Price: It was supposed to be $20.28USD, but then they added a $1.42USD gateway charge

I needed a new seedbox after my last seedbox host went mia. I figured I would give these guys a try. Huge mistake! The download speed was an absolute joke. I read their response saying that the bottleneck here is the RAM and CPU. Then why do they advertise them as 1gbps or even have them when they know that speed isn't possible?

Besides that, within a week of getting the box, I got an email saying that they were hacked and the hackers have my personal information. That's awesome. They also spammed the hell out of my inbox by sending me 49 invoice emails.

I think you're confused how this works to be honest.
        A VIA Nano is not meant as seedbox but hosting server.
        It has a very small cpu and only 2GB ram.
        The server is on 1Gbps but we don't advertise it as seedbox but as a dedicated server.
        I think anyone can figure out that a server with little resources as that, will not go to 1Gbps on torrents.

I remember speaking to you in a ticket and also explained this.

First of all we are not a seedbox company, we install rutorrent as a service, on our servers.
        Your server is NOT a seedbox or advertised as such.
        It is always the clients responsibility to do some inquiries before purchase.

Also, the payment gateway fees are done at all hosting companies, some show them like we do, others raise prices to cover them.
        We choose to be transparent about it which is the best way.
        During the order process the fees are shown to you before you start final check out. And it is only 0.35 cent plus 4%. Which is precisely what PayPal charges us for your payment. Not counting conversion rates from dollar to euro which we ourselves cover.
        Like all companies, this needs to be covered. We choose to let you decide before checking out.
        Also it let's you choose the cheapest payment option for you as you could also use other gateways.

Reviewing us based on your information is not representing reality I believe.

I am sorry that you feel this way and you're disappointed, and I hope you will find the solution that suits you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJ1985 View Post
          Are there any 50 euro 8TB packages available?
          55 euro atm
          PM me

Comment

Originally posted by whitefox View Post
            Could I use Truvix as a Seedbox as well as a place to host my own websites?
            Ofcourse. PM me and let me know what you're looking for
            Happy to be of service

Comment

Also we never said we were hacked.
              We warned people that the plex . tv website was hacked
              This has nothing to do with tuvix

Comment

Originally posted by RobertIngram View Post
                A VIA Nano is not meant as seedbox but hosting server.
                It has a very small cpu and only 2GB ram.
                The server is on 1Gbps but we don't advertise it as seedbox but as a dedicated server.
                I think anyone can figure out that a server with little resources as that, will not go to 1Gbps on torrents.

I remember speaking to you in a ticket and also explained this.

First of all we are not a seedbox company, we install rutorrent as a service, on our servers.

Also, the payment gateway fees are done at all hosting companies, some show them like we do, others raise prices to cover them.
                We choose to be transparent about it which is the best way.
                During the order process the fees are shown to you before you start final check out. And it is only 0.35 cent plus 4%. Which is precisely what PayPal charges us for your payment. Not counting conversion rates from dollar to euro which we ourselves cover.
                Like all companies, this needs to be covered. We choose to let you decide before checking out.
                Also it let's you choose the cheapest payment option for you as you could also use other gateways.

Reviewing us based on your information is not representing reality I believe.

I am sorry that you feel this way and you're disappointed, and I hope you will find the solution that suits you.

You don't advertise it as a seedbox? Then why is it that if you click the Dedicated Seedboxes on your site, it lists the server that I got?

Replying to me based on your information is not representing reality I believe.

Comment

Also we never said we were hacked.
                  We warned people that the plex . tv website was hacked
                  This has nothing to do with tuvix

Then why did you send me an email about it? If it has nothing to do with Tuvix as you claim, it seems a little strange for you to send out that email.

Here is an exact an exact quote from the email: This is really serious, as all the client date including al your information, is in the hackers hands.

Comment

Then why did you send me an email about it? If it has nothing to do with Tuvix as you claim, it seems a little strange for you to send out that email.

Here is an exact an exact quote from the email: This is really serious, as all the client date including al your information, is in the hackers hands.
                    Yes referring to plex.tv as stated in the email.
                    Many of our clients use plex media server on our servers and have an account on that website.
                    It is our duty to warn our clients of security risks if it concerns them.
                    If you read the email properly it specifically states that the plex.tv website was hacked, not one it refers to our website or our services.

Comment

You don't advertise it as a seedbox? Then why is it that if you click the Dedicated Seedboxes on your site, it lists the server that I got?

Replying to me based on your information is not representing reality I believe.
                      Please show me where on that page it says it is a seedbox Dedicated Servers, Paris - France Tuvix Hosting
                      The only text about seedbox installation on that page is that we can install that software on it for you.
                      As i stated earlier, it is the clients responsibilty to do some inquiries before purchase. We always advise against NANO servers as seedbox because we know they are not powerfull.
                      When NANO servers are installed with rTorrent they are almost always only used as budget seedbox or storage seedbox on public trackers.
                      And if you read at the bottom of the page in the section about seedbox installation, this is clearly stated as well
                      To quote what is on that page:

"By default we install the following software on dedicated seedboxes
                      (You may choose to get a simple installation with only ruTorrent)
                      Please note, that we advise against the use of the VIA NANO servers as fast seedbox because of the weak CPU.
                      If you do, be aware that 1Gbps is not realistic."

The reason why we link that menu item to that page is because those servers are most wanted to install it as a seedbox, most users buy those with clean OS and install their own scripts.

Comment

To show everyone here what email we send to our clients, here a copy

" Dear client,

The sad news has come to our attention, that the website of plex.tv and their forum, has been hacked.
                        This is really serious, as all the client date including al your information, is in the hackers hands.

The hacker demands everyone to pay him using bitcoins, please do not do this.
                        Change your passwords everywhere, also on the plex website and forum.

Please note that all your data on our servers that connects to your plex account is also comprimised.
                        Not the data that you dont share with plex media server.

Please refer to redit for more information https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/3bstq2/plex_forums_hacked/

Please do not contact us concerning this issue as we cannot help you.
                        You need to contact the staff of plex.tv for this.

Good luck to you all

Regards
                        Tuvix Hosting Staff "

So please again i ask where it says that Tuvix was hacked? :)
                        I especially like the part that i marked in yellow where it says where to refer and not to contact us about that issue that we cannot help you and all that.
                        I think it is very clear that you simply read half of what is send to you or draw conclusions.
                        And i am here to set that straight otherwise other people might think that we are in fault while clearly we do everything we can to help and inform them

Just to give an example of what one of our clients sent us in a message today, here a nice review from him:

i think that speaks for itself
                        Last edited by RobertIngram; July 23rd, 2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Please show me where on that page it says it is a seedbox Dedicated Servers, Paris - France Tuvix Hosting
                          The only text about seedbox installation on that page is that we can install that software on it for you.
                          As i stated earlier, it is the clients responsibilty to do some inquiries before purchase. We always advise against NANO servers as seedbox because we know they are not powerfull.
                          When NANO servers are installed with rTorrent they are almost always only used as budget seedbox or storage seedbox on public trackers.
                          And if you read at the bottom of the page in the section about seedbox installation, this is clearly stated as well
                          To quote what is on that page:

"By default we install the following software on dedicated seedboxes
                          (You may choose to get a simple installation with only ruTorrent)
                          Please note, that we advise against the use of the VIA NANO servers as fast seedbox because of the weak CPU.
                          If you do, be aware that 1Gbps is not realistic."

The reason why we link that menu item to that page is because those servers are most wanted to install it as a seedbox, most users buy those with clean OS and install their own scripts.
                          Wow! You just completely proved that you have no idea what you are even doing with your site. Let me walk you though it.
                          1. Visit Tuvix Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Webhosting - Windows VPS - Seedboxes - Tracker Hosting
                          2. Hover your mouse over SEEDBOXES in the top menu
                          3. Select DEDICATED SEEDBOXES
                          4. Once the page loads, scroll down to see the server.

Also, nice try adding that just now. The Google cache of it shows that the text about using a NANO server wasn't there this morning.

Code:
                          http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xosjXZSgGawJ:www.tuvixhosting.com/dedicated-seedboxes/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Comment

Okay, now all that is cleared up, i also like to offer you 1 month free seedbox on our Leaseweb/EvoSwitch servers worth 25.00
                            It is 1Gbps Full Duplex, max 5 users per server, 980GB HDD, 28GB RAM, and on the fastest peering network in the world.
                            It comes installed with: rtorrent/ruTorrent, Deluge, Torrentflux, SabNZB, OpenVPN, btSync, Plex Media Server and Ubuntu Desktop.
                            It is the same as the client talked about from which i showed you a screenshot here, and you have now read his review on it :)
                            If you're interested, let me know and i will send you link here or you can contact me opening a ticket ;)

Comment

Wow! You just completely proved that you have no idea what you are even doing with your site. Let me walk you though it.
                              1. Visit Tuvix Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Webhosting - Windows VPS - Seedboxes - Tracker Hosting
                              2. Hover your mouse over SEEDBOXES in the top menu
                              3. Select DEDICATED SEEDBOXES
                              4. Once the page loads, scroll down to see the server.

Also, nice try adding that just now. The Google cache of it shows that the text about using a NANO server wasn't there this morning.

Dedicated Servers, Paris - France Tuvix Hosting
                              Actually again if you read what i just wrote, the page clearly states dedicated servers in paris france.
                              We only link to that page from the menu because many clients like those servers to be installed as seedbox.
                              That google cache is wrong for many reasons, most important one is that i didnt place that text there just now, how could i do that in 5 minutes while writing all that i just did above.
                              It has been there for months as we dont even update those pages because we are working on a new website
                              So no, it has not been changed.
                              The snapshot you are showing me is at least 2 months old
                              The second reason why that is wrong is because we dont allow google to cache our pages or let bots crawl our website unless we specifically give permission to certain bots.
                              That is probably the reason why google sees this as cache of this morning because it cant make new snapshots

Comment

Actually again if you read what i just wrote, the page clearly states dedicated servers in paris france.
                                We only link to that page from the menu because many clients like those servers to be installed as seedbox.
                                That google cache is wrong for many reasons, most important one is that i didnt place that text there just now, how could i do that in 5 minutes while writing all that i just did above.
                                It has been there for months as we dont even update those pages because we are working on a new website
                                So no, it has not been changed.
                                The snapshot you are showing me is at least 2 months old
                                The second reason why that is wrong is because we dont allow google to cache our pages or let bots crawl our website unless we specifically give permission to certain bots.
                                That is probably the reason why google sees this as cache of this morning because it cant make new snapshots
                                Well, linking to that page from the menu, clearly makes people think that all those servers are good enough to use for seedboxes.

I'm also a little confused.
                                In this post you clearly state that you are not a seedbox company. Yet you have the word seedbox all over your site. You even advertised here as a seedbox. So which is it?

How could you have edited it in five minutes? Is that a joke? It's HTML dude. Not difficult in the slightest to add anything. I'm going to assume that you're using a CMS, which makes it even easier!

That cache is old? Really? I don't think you understand how Google, or any other search engine works. First off, if it was old, it was say the date that is cached it, not this morning. Secondly, if you don't allow bots to crawl your site, then why are you showing up on Google at all? Thirdly, you don't even have a robots.txt on your server and your .htaccess isn't blocking them, so are you using black magic to stop crawls of your site?

Edit:
                                For anyone who is curious, here is what his page said before I made my post and a month ago when I ordered:

And here is what it says now:

Edit 2:

And just for kicks and giggles, here is the Bing cache taken on the 19th of this month:
                                Code:
                                http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tuvixhosting.com%2fdedicated-servers%2feurope%2fparis-france.html&d=4618113530073366&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=JnThDVPqdUo0E3GiJg78VrXRuHfOOYL-
                                Last edited by jls5585; July 23rd, 2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X