Tal0ne.co.uk reviews (Wicked Servers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tal0ne.co.uk reviews (Wicked Servers)

So I was browsing around and I found this provider and when I saw the prices I just couldn't resist of buying a server. And I did. I noticed there are no reviews here so I am starting this thread.

First impressions: log in details came fast, log in, rtorrent equipped quite well, has everything I need, so let's get it started...

Name: tal0ne.co.uk
    Speed: 1gbps
    Storage: 300GB
    Support: 10/10 (always responds within 30mins)
    GUI: ruTorrent with everything I need (I don't need much, but I believe that it has just enough)
    Speed of GUI: 9.5/10 (lags a little when dl/ul speeds are huge, but so does every other box I owned)
    Package: Sidewinder
    Price: €12.63/mo (SICKKKKK)
    Overall rating: 10/10

So, the first thing that I noted was the price which is really cheap for a server like this. The second thing was the service: the communication is very nice and the set up was done instantly after payment. The third thing - THE SPEEED!

(saw up to 90MB/s download, but did not think of capturing it somehow)

If you don't think this is impressive for this price, then I don't know what is.

All I can say is that this is probably the best provider around in this price range. Go on and try it yourself. :) Cheers.
    Last edited by Nojus; February 2, 2014, 07:02 AM.

So what is the average speed? There are 8 users per one server so server have 8x300GB (slices) HDD?

On dediseedbox " 20 users share Medium plant with 5 users per disk." so here are more users?

Comment

Originally posted by Lachtan View Post
      So what is the average speed? There are 8 users per one server so server have 8x300GB (slices) HDD?

On dediseedbox " 20 users share Medium plant with 5 users per disk." so here are more users?
      There's a total of 8 users per server, as you can see on the website. It's all I know, and the speed is always there when I need it (up to 90MB/s up down no problem).

Comment

Some one have more info about this seedbox company ? how is thier VPS seedboxes speed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anngel View Post
          Some one have more info about this seedbox company ? how is thier VPS seedboxes speed ?
          Open a ticket, the support guy is very friendly and nice. :) Maybe he'll figure something out.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

It is actually a mystery to me that they are not very popular in TI, because they are true performance servers. Here's a screen of one torrents peerlist that I took a few mins ago:

As you can see most of tal0ne's peers are in front of the swarm, which means the peering is really good. I have my own slot so I know it, you should go on and see for yourself. It does not cost an arm and a leg. :D

EDIT: some extra info he told me

All seedboxes at the tal0ne website are hosted in EvoSwitch DC, The Netherlands.

Network - In Summary

99.999 % Network Core Uptime
          Redundant Core Routing | Cisco CRS-1 Juniper MX-960 3D
          Multiple 10GigE pipes
          Transit Providers: Akamai, Tele2, Level3, Telia Sonera, Global Crossing, Tata Telecommunications, Deutsche Telekom, Cogent
          Internet exchanges: AMS-IX, LINX, DE-CIX, and 20 other in Europe and US, multiple private peers
          Full IPv6 support with native connectivity

We have been in business since 2009 under the name Seedbox Service and changed to tal0ne 2010 see domain history. At start we were an OVH reseller but in May this year we only resell OVH dedicated servers and no seedboxes. All shared seedboxes, VPS and dedicated seedboxes are 100% EvoSwitch, Leaseweb Holland.
          Last edited by Nojus; October 14, 2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Been testing it for the past days and im not satisfied at all speed are way to slow compared to other providers

waiting a repply from them gona post a review soon :)

Name: tal0ne.co.uk
            Speed: 1gbps
            Storage: 300GB
            Support: 9/10 They are fast and really nice
            GUI: ruTorrent
            Speed of GUI: 6/10 after a 20+ torrents the gui starts to get slower and slower
            Package: Sidewinder
            Price: €12.63/mo (SICKKKKK)
            Overall rating: 7/10

Interface lags after 20+ torrents making the speeds drop alot i used Rutorent Plugin Autodl-rssi with torrent leech and even using it the speed are not the best for a 1Gb shared.

Download speed are really good have seen 50Mb+ upload max i saw whas 13+Mb

i have oppened a refund gona get back to my old provider :)

These guys are honest and a good company just think theres a need to make the up and downs a bit fair for other inside the same seedbox

Last edited by Shadow67; October 21, 2013, 08:22 AM.

Comment

The staff reached me, since we talked about this and that and asked me to clear up some stuff:

A screen below shows that you reached speeds quite normal for the seedbox in this price range, even good, I would say. Secondly, I was informed that you did not set up any rss or autodl-irrsi stuff, which means you downloaded stuff manually which probably is one of the reasons why you did not get real good speeds (everyone on SCC or TL uses autodl-irrsi and I don't think that it is possible to beat it manually). (have in mind that the more torrent files are running, the less speed you'll get, the same rule applies to every other box around).

EDIT: remember that you are on sidewinder plan which is shared with 7 other people and only costs 12 and a bit €/month. Don't expect to get full 1gbps all the time for that price bro. :)
              Last edited by Nojus; October 20, 2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I have a dedicated SB on order from these guys. I can't wait to see how it performs. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilFawlty View Post
                  I have a dedicated SB on order from these guys. I can't wait to see how it performs. I'll keep you posted.
                  Hope you like it man :)

Comment

nice review. They look good to me and they use Leaseweb! Will try them out soon enough. Anyone try the Explosive plans? I like how you get a guaranteed uplink speed per user.

Comment

This is a print of my provider www.seedboxco.com as you can see my autoDl is setp up and kicking
                      as you can see i hit 30Mb+ in fresh torrents

In talone servers the upload as very bad for a fresh torrent and yes i had my Autodl on all the time with filter to autodelete to

After review eveything i must say the owner of this serviçe sent me a refund everything went ok maybe next time i will try another slots :)

Last edited by Shadow67; October 21, 2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Seriously thinking of picking this up. I like the explosive ones. The 200 Mb/s per user plan.. That sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by freddiewest
                          How the hell do you sign up with this company when they use a crazy email verification system that then bans your ip address for a month.

Unbelievable Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I didn't have any issues to sign up with them! So you are telling us that you entered your email address incorrect 6 times in a road? LOL Common that's the only reason that will get your IP banned.

Comment

Originally posted by iSMAEL View Post
                            I didn't have any issues to sign up with them! So you are telling us that you entered your email address incorrect 6 times in a road? LOL Common that's the only reason that will get your IP banned.

If you get it wrong 6 times then you should be banned Chap, but this was once,very strange.

Comment

So how are speeds. Anyone Tried the explosive boxes ?

Comment

Working...
                              X