Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soulfire View Post
    Oh has it finally sunk in?

But please go ahead and give details of these other providers who offer a better or same service at double, just less than double, or more than double..(Can't you make your mind up which it is, or are you just poor at maths?)
    So please who are these providers I'm missing out on? I know you wont be dumb enough to reply Hetzner, OVH, Online or any of there subsidiaries. Or are you/they gonna set the box up for EVERY Linux newbie EVER that follows your advice?

So in case I forgot to ask,.Where are these same or at least very similar providers?
    Do you want me to tell a specific provider? It's not hard, here you go, Feral Hosting: Argon, for 20 (or 25), you get the same HDD as the box of the scard user, the interface is also better, and it fared pretty well on all the reddit benchmarks. You can also install services for free and so on and on.

Originally posted by soulfire View Post
    btw why haven't you haven't played your "I'm in Telecoms" card yet?
    I've seen you edited your post to include this little remark... Why would I say this here? Tell me? Arte we discussing BGP? LOL. Why I would I "pull that card here". We are not discussing specific technologies like I was in that thread, in which I really tried to explain everything, but that guy just said nonsense.

And now in this thread, I try to ask you why you pay double, more than double, or slightly more than double (YES IT MATTERS depending on the provider we're comparing the Tal0ne box against, that's another thing you don't understand) and you all give me subjective points, it's irrational, really.

And you know you're so wrong that you went as far as looking at my past posts. Do you know what that tells me about you? You're desperate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electrolux View Post
      Do you want me to tell a specific provider? It's not hard, here you go, Feral Hosting: Argon, for 20 (or 25), you get the same HDD as the box of the scard user, the interface is also better, and it fared pretty well on all the reddit benchmarks. You can also install services for free and so on and on.

I've seen you edited your post to include this little remark... Why would I say this here? Tell me? Arte we discussing BGP? LOL. Why I would I "pull that card here". We are not discussing specific technologies like I was in that thread, in which I really tried to explain everything, but that guy just said nonsense.

And now in this thread, I try to ask you why you pay double, more than double, or slightly more than double (YES IT MATTERS depending on the provider we're comparing the Tal0ne box against, that's another thing you don't understand) and you all give me subjective points, it's irrational, really.

And you know you're so wrong that you went as far as looking at my past posts. Do you know what that tells me about you? You're desperate.
      No just plenty of spare time on my hands.

But I will say I had no idea that Feral now did installable apps... But it was a good few years since I was long time customer. Very interesting indeed. So thanks for the tip.
      http://www.speedtest.net/result/3314782553.png

Comment

But I will say I had no idea that Feral now did installable apps... But it was a good few years since I was long time customer. Very interesting indeed. So thanks for the tip.
        Feral doesn't have installable apps and you need to have Linux knowledge and use the command line to install additional apps by yourself

This fella is comparing orange vs apple and obviously he have no clue about the difference between a shared seedbox (Feral) vs VPS (tal0ne) and the one scard have. Chumrant is charging the same amount for such VPS and I don't see him there moaning about their prices.
        Last edited by iSMAEL; April 19, 2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iSMAEL View Post
          Feral doesn't have installable apps and you need to have Linux knowledge and use the command line to install additional apps by yourself

This fella is comparing orange vs apple and obviously he have no clue about the difference between a shared seedbox (Feral) vs VPS (tal0ne). Chumrant is charging the same amount for such VPS and I don't see him there moaning about their prices.
          Installing new software - FAQ - Feral Hosting

And you're telling me that I've no clue, I'm the one moaning, and so on.
          Next!

Comment

It actually says they do now. Easy to use

Run a selection of software installable within minutes at the touch of a button. We'll keep an eye on the server and keep it in tiptop shape. All you need is a browser.

Unless the above is somewhat misleading.

Comment

Installing new software - FAQ - Feral Hosting

And you're telling me that I've no clue, I'm the one moaning, and so on.
              Next!
              Next.... leave this thread to the people who actually are using them to review their services without you stubbing them in the back because they have something positive to say.

Comment

It actually says they do now. Easy to use

Run a selection of software installable within minutes at the touch of a button. We'll keep an eye on the server and keep it in tiptop shape. All you need is a browser.

Unless the above is somewhat misleading.
                Yes the basic stuff such rtorrent and deluge but you still need to use the command line to manually install Sickrage, Plex, SABnzbd, CouchPotato, Sonarr etc .....

Comment

Yes the basic stuff such rtorrent and deluge but you still need to use the command line to install manually Sickrage, Plex, SABnzbd, CouchPotato, Sonarr etc .....
                  Ah fair enough.

Comment

Yes the basic stuff such rtorrent and deluge but you still need to use the command line to manually install Sickrage, Plex, SABnzbd, CouchPotato, Sonarr etc .....

Just as an update on this. Yes indeed you do need command line. However It is in fact just a case of copy and paste from the Feral FAQ.
                    But indeed they are different services for different needs/budgets.

Comment

And I still don't.
                      Any user can get a better service for almost half of the price.
                      Regarding my current situation, I bet my Online.net limited edition server is way better than 99% of the offers at Tal0ne, regardless of the price, and I pay less than half than you do per month (but that's another story because we're talking about dedicated vs managed).
                      I've used online's servers a few years back. Several of them. To my excperience peering to non-seedbox peers is crap. Especially to middle-eastern europe where I do most of my torrenting from/to. Also it varies. I've seen speeds up to 18MB/s when I was the only seeder and the torrent had 30+ leechers. Also, i saw only up to 10MB/s with very similar peering on a different dedi box of theirs. I'd rather pay more than get this for cheap. Maybe they fixed the situation, but I'm happy and I'll stay with tal0ne.

Comment

feral hosting lol....tried them....summarised in one word...CRAP

MANY experience similar problem as this guy
                        Feralhosting ports overloaded or just cheap peering? : seedboxes

their way of advertising is amateurish at best ."20gbps connection" ....my ass it is...shared amongst 50 different people on the same IP lol...

Also can we get clarification on this please:
                        Unbelievable AWFUL Service / CC Fraudulent Unauthorized Charges from Tal0ne - Wicked Servers : seedboxes
                        Last edited by scard; August 15, 2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Hello everyone, how's everyone doing? My yearly slot is coming to and end in a month or so and I'd like to get a new one, but there's so much to choose from. Maybe anyone can recommend a slot that exceeded their expectations recently? Looking at something with 200-250gb space and 1gbps pipe. I can look into these myself as I'm pretty sure all of them would fit me, but asking won't hurt, yeah? Oh, and, i wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nojus View Post
                            Hello everyone, how's everyone doing? My yearly slot is coming to and end in a month or so and I'd like to get a new one, but there's so much to choose from. Maybe anyone can recommend a slot that exceeded their expectations recently? Looking at something with 200-250gb space and 1gbps pipe. I can look into these myself as I'm pretty sure all of them would fit me, but asking won't hurt, yeah? Oh, and, i wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
                            Nojus, Did you find a box yet?

I can recommend the Glittery Series CardbordBox. You get 225GB of space, 150 Mbps guaranteed with possible 1 Gbps.

Love love this box super fast and awesome support, You will love any box you pick up.

Good luck with your selection

s_bunzy

Comment

• Originally posted by s_bunzy View Post
                              Nojus, Did you find a box yet?

I can recommend the Glittery Series CardbordBox. You get 225GB of space, 150 Mbps guaranteed with possible 1 Gbps.

Love love this box super fast and awesome support, You will love any box you pick up.

Good luck with your selection

s_bunzy
                              Yup, looked into those, but whenever I did they were always sold out and I ran out of hope to get one, so i just paid for another year of my current slot. Can't complain except that I would've liked to save ~20 pounds this time, but oh well, you gotta seed with what you have. :D

Comment

• Website down?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X